GHIN revision day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golfingmedic

Reaction score
Well today is revision day, did your handicap change?

Mine did, it's down to a 4.5 !! :banana:

What did yours change to?

Mine went down a tenth of a point again. That is 1.3 points in a month. Not happy about it though because it was based on 9 hole rounds.

Mine was down 3/10's today.

My current progression has been pretty big, although a couple combined 9s for 74 and 75 bring it down more than it should I think.. I started the year at a 5.9 which quickly jumped to an 8.6 in early June. Since then, my progression has been the following;

6/1 - 8.6
6/15 - 8.5
7/1 - 6.9
7/15 - 6.0
8/1 - 4.1

Here's my card:

handicap8-1-2011.png

I guess I have the potential to play to par, as I almost managed it yesterday, but I think more accurately I am more around 78-80... I always seem to manage two random double bogeys from stupid things.

Nice work! What was it before the revision? I can only dream of a 4.5 handicap.

Ditto! Nice work!

Mine went down to 14.7 (GHIN), a full point drop from it ballooning to 15.7 while I looked for new irons. Mainly it brought out the deficiencies of my short game, but now my GIRs are going up and scores are coming back down again.

Down from 13.2 to 12.6. It's been going up and down a lot lately. I haven't been below 12.4 yet. Maybe one day but my putting and bunker play has to vastly improve before that will ever happen.

Mine went up to 5.0 from 4.6. I never putt good but now seems to be even worse.

Last edited:
Mine went down from a 21.8 to a 21.5. If I had had the time to put my first ever 89 from yesterday evening in it would have been about 21, I bet.

I guess I have the potential to play to par, as I almost managed it yesterday, but I think more accurately I am more around 78-80... I always seem to manage two random double bogeys from stupid things.

Im working on the consistancy thing... I gotta get more consistant!!

Good stuff, a lot of people going down, one of the only differences between our two systems is our HC's are updated the moment you enter in a new score, so you always know what your HC is. No waiting a week to find out what happened.

Mine dropped 1.7, too bad it still sucks. :(

Good stuff, a lot of people going down, one of the only differences between our two systems is our HC's are updated the moment you enter in a new score, so you always know what your HC is. No waiting a week to find out what happened.

I think it just depends which one you use eh? I think OOB and a couple others are automatically adjusted, but I am not sure if they are considered "legit" handicap systems by USGA tournament standards..

Which do you use CB?

I think it just depends which one you use eh? I think OOB and a couple others are automatically adjusted, but I am not sure if they are considered "legit" handicap systems by USGA tournament standards..

Which do you use CB?

Its the difference in the real HC systems and there are only really 2 differences between RCGA(which I use) and GHIN. The two difference are with ESC and the HC updating, GHIN happens once a week, RCGA happens every time you update a score. With ESC, the max I can take on any hole for HC purposes is a double bogey, with GHIN, its a 7, so in theory an american could take a 7 on a par 3 whereas I could only take a 5.

Mine went down from 5.1 to 4.7

Mine dropped from a 13.5 to a 13.1 I usually hang out between 10 & 12 so it's pretty close to my average.

Down another tenth to 7.6. I have dropped almost 6 strokes off my HC since late May.

Prior to the revision I was a 9.7.. I have played MUCH better golf, I played roughly 10 rounds between now and the last revision date!

Dang, good work. From a 9.7 to a 4.5 is amazing in one revision. The most I have dropped in one revision is about 3 strokes.

Mine went down a whole point.

Its the difference in the real HC systems and there are only really 2 differences between RCGA(which I use) and GHIN. The two difference are with ESC and the HC updating, GHIN happens once a week, RCGA happens every time you update a score. With ESC, the max I can take on any hole for HC purposes is a double bogey, with GHIN, its a 7, so in theory an american could take a 7 on a par 3 whereas I could only take a 5.

GHIN has been updating every 15th and 1st for me..

At an 11 (index I assume?) that would put you at around a 12 or 13 handicap right? Wouldn't that mean by ESC standards the most you could take on a hole would be a 7?

up to 9 Double Bogey
10 through 19 7
20 through 29 8
30 through 39 9
40 or higher 10

Am I missing something with GHINs functionality? Everywhere on their site that references handicap goes straight to USGA which utilizes the ESC listed above..

Up to 5.0 from 4.4. I've been between 4.3 and 5.0 for the last year or so.

GHIN revisions come out twice a month at the most. In some regions, it's only once a month. I've never heard of one week intervals.

My index went from 14.6 to 13.8 this revision. I started the season at 11.5, played some horrid golf for 3 months and ballooned to 14.9, now it's headed back in the right direction again. 3 of my last 7 scores were 79, 81, and 83. Also turned in an 87 from a harder course, so all of those scores counted on this revision.

GHIN has been updating every 15th and 1st for me..

At an 11 (index I assume?) that would put you at around a 12 or 13 handicap right? Wouldn't that mean by ESC standards the most you could take on a hole would be a 7?

Am I missing something with GHINs functionality? Everywhere on their site that references handicap goes straight to USGA which utilizes the ESC listed above..

He's Canadian, not on the GHIN system.

It's funny - I posted earlier about how I felt like 1 or 2 bad swings were keeping me out of the single digits.... Then today I check and I'm a 9.9 baby!!! It wont last long though because I posted an 87 and an 86 hahaha

It's funny - I posted earlier about how I felt like 1 or 2 bad swings were keeping me out of the single digits.... Then today I check and I'm a 9.9 baby!!! It wont last long though because I posted an 87 and an 86 hahaha

That's funny ghsace. I have my days when I play single digit golf and know that game is in me . My inconsistencies keep me from playing at the single digit level. One day I play golf like man this game is so freaking fun, and then the very next day I look like a complete goof ball out there. I am happy if I make solid contact, shoot primarily in the 80's and don't play stupid golf. Golf is so mental. The silly mistakes are the ones that keep us all from moving to our next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back