Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Six in one and a half dozen in the other.

I guess. Just making it a little clearer.

Side note; hats off to Harden. Great performance tonight, and I doubt it will be his last this year.

Six in one and a half dozen in the other.

Exactly.. I guess would could interchange usually for potential.. Same thing to me

Parker is honestly the only player with on either team I have a problem with.. And he cheated on Eva.. C'mon man!!!
<br />
<br />
really? according to some, it was both ways... so guess your logic for not liking him is gone? <br />
<br />
And youth winning this game? OKC is just so athletic and long. The turnovers are ridiculous.

Yea but tony was gettin his swirve on with a former teammates' wife. That aint ever cool!

And Eva who? Brent barry is the victim here people, white guy dunkin from the free throw line FTW!

Yea but tony was gettin his swirve on with a former teammates' wife. That aint ever cool!

You got that right. You want to talk about unwritten rules? That one is without a doubt rule #1.

I'm actually really interested in the next Heat Celts game. The Celts keep taking big swings at the Heat and could have easily been up big.

You're right Kmac, that series could easily be 3-1 in favor of the good guys.

Love watching the Spurs get beat. Too many foreigners on that team. And I despise Manu. And I hate flopping in basketball, and that team's the worst.

Dude I agree. It's like a team Paulo Antonio. And that Parker is awful. His flops last night almost made me turn off the soccer match.

Dude I agree. It's like a team Paulo Antonio. And that Parker is awful. His flops last night almost made me turn off the soccer match.

He's French. What do you expect? TIme to tuck the Spurs into bed in the retirement home I reckon. The youth movement can't be stopped, nor can Kevin Durant.

He's French. What do you expect? TIme to tuck the Spurs into bed in the retirement home I reckon. The youth movement can't be stopped, nor can Kevin Durant.

If that stupid Westbrook had a clue and got the ball to Durant more that game would have been a blowout. He's such a ball hog and you can tell he wants to be the star.

I'd that stupid Westbrook had a clue and got the ball to Durant more that game would have been a blowout. He's such a ball hog and you can tell he wants to be the star.

Yep, in a league that idolizes guys like Rondo and Rose, he's trying to find his place. He's got a score first mentality. I hate that in PG's.

Yep, in a league that idolizes guys like Rondo and Rose, he's trying to find his place. He's got a score first mentality. I hate that in PG's.

He sure does. I dislike that too. That Durant needs the ball in his hands and specially in the 4th quarter.

He sure does. I dislike that too. That Durant needs the ball in his hands and specially in the 4th quarter.

KD will be like Dirk last year, just clutch.

Here ya go D- Rick Reilly wrote an article for you...

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8011587/lebron-being-lebron

Its funny, I actually agree with a lot of what Reilly writes there. The irony that it came from Reilly is huge. I mean he was just asked about when "Tiger would be back". His response? "When he wins a major". So you can see what he does here. James is the one of the best the NBA has. He is one of the best in the modern era. However to be the best and a savior as he has been called and relishes in, you have to win the big one (for the record, I still think they can win it this year).

In the modern era of sports, if you want to be considered the best, you have to have rings. Quick, name one thing these guys all have in common?

Ewing, Marino, Lebron

They were all great players. They were all incredible talents, but in the end, none of them have rings and sadly it marks their legacy.

One thing I will disagree with strongly though, is the notion to celebrate someone for not getting arrested. To quote the great Chris Rock.

"You dont get credit for doing things you are supposed to do".

James will get his. He is too good not too. But young fans are quick to forget the legends past that have paved the way and quick to anoint someone as an Icon, a great and the best, without the hardware. To give you an example, someone in this thread made a post about James and Jordan having certain stats and chances at the same age. Yet all the while making no mention that Jordan played college basketball before entering the NBA. To close, its like every sport. The current generation of fans want to watch something special. So until that comes along, it is "created". James could be that special player and could be an iconic player, but right now he is not, and without the hardware (multiple), lets not forget the past.

^^^^very well said, esp that last paragraph

Well worded. I can dig it.

Never thought I would see execution that poor at home. The Spurs should have ran up the score 20-4 at the start of the game, they just didn't capitalize. I know they can pull it out at OKC as long as they go back to their brand of basketball and stop trying to force so much.

Never thought I would see execution that poor at home. The Spurs should have ran up the score 20-4 at the start of the game, they just didn't capitalize. I know they can pull it out at OKC as long as they go back to their brand of basketball and stop trying to force so much.

Don't forget OKC also missed a TON of great looks in the start of the game too, its not quite that cut and dry IMO.

Hopefully the officials bring their yellow cards with them to OKC for this game for all the flopping though. Hehehehe

Don't forget OKC also missed a TON of great looks in the start of the game too, its not quite that cut and dry IMO.

Hopefully the officials bring their yellow cards with them to OKC for this game for all the flopping though. Hehehehe

Oh I know, OKC wrapped the game up for the Spurs in the first and that's what disappointed me.

I think it's bogus that people call that shoulder that Parker took to the mouth a flop. There has also been zero consistency on what will be called a charge or a blocking foul for either side.

Oh I know, OKC wrapped the game up for the Spurs in the first and that's what disappointed me.

There were a few flops in there for both sides, but thats the game. I think it's bogus that people call that shoulder that Parker took to the mouth a flop.

Dude, Parker literally sat his face on Harden's upper arm and then fell like he'd been shot. FLOP! Hehe

Seriously though, that's one of those different sides things we'd never agree on and there's nothing wrong with that! I'm just messin' with ya.

I honestly just wish the officials in BOTH series would stop making it about them. Lots of ticky tak fouls in this series and the Heat Celtics too.

Dude, Parker literally sat his face on Harden's upper arm and then fell like he'd been shot. FLOP! Hehe

Seriously though, that's one of those different sides things we'd never agree on and there's nothing wrong with that! I'm just messin' with ya.

I honestly just wish the officials in BOTH series would stop making it about them. Lots of ticky tak fouls in this series and the Heat Celtics too.
I clarified my post, and I was referring to when Westbrook popped him with the shoulder.

Its funny, I actually agree with a lot of what Reilly writes there. The irony that it came from Reilly is huge. I mean he was just asked about when "Tiger would be back". His response? "When he wins a major". So you can see what he does here. James is the one of the best the NBA has. He is one of the best in the modern era. However to be the best and a savior as he has been called and relishes in, you have to win the big one (for the record, I still think they can win it this year).

In the modern era of sports, if you want to be considered the best, you have to have rings. Quick, name one thing these guys all have in common?

Ewing, Marino, Lebron

They were all great players. They were all incredible talents, but in the end, none of them have rings and sadly it marks their legacy.

One thing I will disagree with strongly though, is the notion to celebrate someone for not getting arrested. To quote the great Chris Rock.

"You dont get credit for doing things you are supposed to do".

James will get his. He is too good not too. But young fans are quick to forget the legends past that have paved the way and quick to anoint someone as an Icon, a great and the best, without the hardware. To give you an example, someone in this thread made a post about James and Jordan having certain stats and chances at the same age. Yet all the while making no mention that Jordan played college basketball before entering the NBA. To close, its like every sport. The current generation of fans want to watch something special. So until that comes along, it is "created". James could be that special player and could be an iconic player, but right now he is not, and without the hardware (multiple), lets not forget the past.

^^^^very well said, esp that last paragraph

Well worded. I can dig it.

Thanks guys. I believe its the God's honest truth. It gets pretty funny in here at times with some of things that are said, but reality has to begin eventually.

I clarified my post, and I was referring to when Westbrook popped him with the shoulder.

Oh, that one I agree with.

And I MAJORLY agree with your ref synopsis. NO consistency. Turrible, just turrible.

Thanks guys. I believe its the God's honest truth. It gets pretty funny in here at times with some of things that are said, but reality has to begin eventually.

Yep, fans will be fans but there there is also just ridiculousness too.

Crap, I would care less had OKC not got the Thunder, I can't stand basketball but I do like watching now because of the Thunder. But some of the anointing players in the NBA gets flat out ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back