Forum Testing Signup - KBS Tour 90 Shafts

If you got Golfsmith they are $19.99 each (includes part and labor except for grips) and you get a discount of 20% for 6 or more. I had my irons done there.

That's not too bad at all, Depending in how these shafts hold up during the testing-I may have to buy a set and re-shaft them

That's about what I had mine done for JN. Seems right. I paid like $130 for a set of 7.

Oh my goodness! My pro shop really is the best. I'm paying $60 for the set of 7 irons and I thought that was a lot. They were going to charge an extra $5 per club to take the shaft off and save it for me but I'm going to do that myself so save some money.

Oh my goodness! My pro shop really is the best. I'm paying $60 for the set of 7 irons and I thought that was a lot. They were going to charge an extra $5 per club to take the shaft off and save it for me but I'm going to do that myself so save some money.

I'm surprised they won't do them for less.

Yeah, I'm going to follow close as well.. I have a question for the guys when they get the KBS shafts in if their clubs speed goes up?

It should be interesting for me to, Jake. I went with the Px 5.5 flighted when I ordered mine because after reading everything from Bridgestone, they paired them up together for a reason. I like my setup now, so it will be interesting to tweak it a bit and see what I see. Should be a really fun testing opportunity for me, and will open my eyes to iron shafts (im usually a stock shaft guy with my irons).
That's cool WE I thought they where just going to be there Tour 90 shafts! You got to pick what went best with your clubs, Nice!!!:clapp:

That's cool WE I thought they where just going to be there Tour 90 shafts! You got to pick what went best with your clubs, Nice!!!:clapp:

I think what he meant was when he originally ordered his DPC's, he got the Px 5.5's...he'll be comparing those to the Tour 90's that he will be receiving, methinks.

Sorry for the confusion bro, what I was saying was; When I ordered my Bridgestone J40 DPCs, I went with the stock shaft, the Project X flighted (5.5), as those were what Bridgestone set as their stock shaft. For this testing, obviously I am going with the KBS Tour 90 shafts, so I will be swapping our my PX Flighted 5.5 shafts for the KBS Tour 90s.

My GG is charging 18/club....but so worth it!

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

My total cost to have the work done will be $60 to install the shafts (I have to remove the current shafts myself because they wanted to charge me an extra $5 to remove them for me), then about $40 to buy grips, which I'm doing myself for free.

My total cost to have the work done will be $60 to install the shafts (I have to remove the current shafts myself because they wanted to charge me an extra $5 to remove them for me), then about $40 to buy grips, which I'm doing myself for free.

How are you removing the shafts? I heard my pings need some special heat gun

How are you removing the shafts? I heard my pings need some special heat gun

I'm just using my stovetop. If for some reason that won't work, my uncle has every tool imaginable including multiple blow torches that should do it.

I'm just using my stovetop. If for some reason that won't work, my uncle has every tool imaginable including multiple blow torches that should do it.

You are probably better off asking your uncle if you can use the blow torch.

Perry- I've heard that ping irons require a little more heat, but I've never tried to remove a shaft from them.

As DDec said, call your uncle and use a blow torch away from all things flammable.

Video please!

Looking forward to seeing everyone get these installed (properly) and then seeing what you guys think. Also sounds like a few THP'ers have some tricks up their sleeves....I am preparing to be wowed.

Video please!

Looking forward to seeing everyone get these installed (properly) and then seeing what you guys think. Also sounds like a few THP'ers have some tricks up their sleeves....I am preparing to be wowed.

Haha I was about to say the same thing

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Lol that would be a sweet vid ice

If MacGuyver needed to reshaft his irons, all he would need is a stick of bubblegum, a thimble and a stovetop.

If MacGuyver needed to reshaft his irons, all he would need is a stick of bubblegum, a thimble and a stovetop.

Macgyver would only need the gum and a hotplate

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I'm pretty excited to watch the vid WE. I have hit this shaft a few times and can't say I was overly impressed. Just didn't get the same wow factor as I did with the Tours. I do like the weight difference though and can't wait to read the reviews

I'm pretty excited to watch the vid WE. I have hit this shaft a few times and can't say I was overly impressed. Just didn't get the same wow factor as I did with the Tours. I do like the weight difference though and can't wait to read the reviews

It should be interesting for me Chunky. I struggle with line drive shots, and that was my biggest struggle with the V2s with the Tours in them. I'm hoping the 90s bring that ball flight up a bit for me.

I have never hit the 90s, and i really like the shafts in the DPCs as they are now, so it will be a fun testing to do.

Back