Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKC in 7.

#thunderup I can't wait to see KD own the Heat and more specifically Lebron.

#thunderup I can't wait to see KD own the Heat and more specifically Lebron.

It will be interesting who Brooks decides to guard LeBron. I would imagine Thabo will be there quite a bit. I just hope Ibaka will be able to stay in the paint and "redirect" a few shots.

It will be interesting who Brooks decides to guard LeBron. I would imagine Thabo will be there quite a bit. I just hope Ibaka will be able to stay in the paint and "redirect" a few shots.

Ibaka wont be able to do that if he has to guard bosh, and perkins isnt quick enough to stay in front of bosh, so im curious to see how OKC handles that.

Should be a good series. OKC loves to shoot jumpers which does not bode well for them and i think LeBron is going to average more than 19pts in a finals series for a change.

MIA in 7.

Although i want OKC to win.

I've been thinking about this series more and more and I've actually changed my mind on who I believe will win. I'm actually on the side now that I think Miami will win this series, and it will probably be in 6 games. I'm going to place a wager on this later today but I'm really starting to feel pretty good about the pick.

Heat in 6..

What will people think if Lebron goes HAM again by averaging over 30, 10, and 5 like in the ECF but the Heat still lose?

What will people think if Lebron goes HAM again by averaging over 30, 10, and 5 like in the ECF but the Heat still lose?

loser hehe

I think we will see mostly Durant on LBJ, but we will see Battier on Durant. Spoelstra uses LBJ too many minutes as it is, let alone asking him to pick up all the extra effort guarding Durant. In the 4th quarter I can see it being KD vs LBJ heads up though.

I think Ibaka will still have the freedom to roam, because the thunder have other players capable of matching up on Bosh. The Celtics were forced to use KG, but the Thunder have a little more flexibility.

My heart says OKC in 6, but my mind says Heat in 7.

I think we will see mostly Durant on LBJ, but we will see Battier on Durant. Spoelstra uses LBJ too many minutes as it is, let alone asking him to pick up all the extra effort guarding Durant. In the 4th quarter I can see it being KD vs LBJ heads up though.

I think Ibaka will still have the freedom to roam, because the thunder have other players capable of matching up on Bosh. The Celtics were forced to use KG, but the Thunder have a little more flexibility.

I'm not sure we'll see much Battier on Durant. I think KD would absolutely own him. We'll see almost all LBJ on him I'd think. Lebron will do anything necessary to win, even if that means guarding KD for 48 minutes. And I agree about Ibaka being more free. I think Collison could match up with Bosh nicely. Though I'm not sure who else Ibaka would guard on the Heat.

I agree Gus. Last night on Fox Sports, Battier basically said as much. He said he expects to be on LBJ for more than half of the game, but "will do what coach E asks of him".

I agree Gus. Last night on Fox Sports, Battier basically said as much. He said he expects to be on LBJ for more than half of the game, but "will do what coach E asks of him".
if Battier starts guarding LBJ I might have to change my pick to the Thunder:alien:

Why did Battier say he "expects to be on LBJ for more than half of the game"? They're on the same team.

Why did Battier say he "expects to be on LBJ for more than half of the game"? They're on the same team.

It was obviously a typo dude. Sheesh.

I'm not sure we'll see much Battier on Durant. I think KD would absolutely own him. We'll see almost all LBJ on him I'd think. Lebron will do anything necessary to win, even if that means guarding KD for 48 minutes. And I agree about Ibaka being more free. I think Collison could match up with Bosh nicely. Though I'm not sure who else Ibaka would guard on the Heat.

I don't think KD would "own" Battier.. Battier will be playing playing his heart out being a natural great defender and wanting a ring in his older age. Sure Durant will get some looks but that is regardless. I would bet Battier would guard him most of the game and King J taking over late in crunch time.

Durant....

Ibaka would just lag off of his man and be the first help in the lane. I would expect him to match pretty well against Haslem.
LBJ simply can't guard KD for 48 mins, and maintain his offensive production. I think we will see LBJ guard Durant in spurts when KD starts to take over. Otherwise the Heat are giving up too much offense to guard a guy who will "get his" anyways.

Exactly. In the regular season we saw a lot of LBJ on KD... but this is a 7 game series and a completely different circumstance.
if Battier starts guarding LBJ I might have to change my pick to the Thunder:alien:

Even Jwow can typo every once in a while. Consider it like him missing a putt less that 18 ft, a rare occurrence, but it does happen. :beat-up:

Even Jwow can typo every once in a while. Consider it like him missing a putt less that 18 ft, a rare occurrence, but it does happen. :beat-up:
One of us was clearly joking Gus, or do not get jokes in Ohio? As for the other post, thats just our good friend Omega poking at people.

One of us was clearly joking Gus, or do not get jokes in Ohio? As for the other post, thats just our good friend Omega poking at people.

I know you were joking- but you also referenced his typo... and my multi-quote has been feeling a little left out recently

LeBronze gets a lot of hate, but I will root for him over Derek Fisher any day of the week. And it's a plus that Battier is on the Heat.

As a non NBA guy, this final actually still holds my attention to watch. I'm fairly even on Lebron, so it's not really a root against or for, but either way I think it makes for good DRAMA!!!

As a non NBA guy, this final actually still holds my attention to watch. I'm fairly even on Lebron, so it's not really a root against or for, but either way I think it makes for good DRAMA!!!

I think this is going to be great series. I can't wait. I just wish the games didn't come on so late.

Heat fan here but I'm seriously worried about this series.

I'm hoping LBJ doesnt guard KD too much because like others mentioned why waste his energy on guarding a guy who is going to score regardless. Also if LBJ guards KD, he'll be in foul trouble VERY quickly.

I think it's going to come down to how the Thunder play. They are a jump shooting team and as such has the ability to either destroy teams or get left behind...the nature of the beast. It's kind of like how last year the sharp shooting Mavs got hot in the 2nd half of the series and were pretty much lights out.

Durrant/James, WB/Wade, and Bosh+Chalmers/Harden+Ibaka will cancel each other out. Unfortunately OKC has a better bench and if it is even close at the end the Thunder will walk away thanks to their FT shooting.

As much as it pains me, I got OKC in 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back