Bridgestone J40 Cavity Back Irons

Tmex

Paul Casey, WINNER!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 14.2
I'm waiting for my pictures to upload but wanted to get this thread going. Partly because I'm also going to run out and get a quick range session in before I try and get a couple of holes on the course tomorrow after work :)

I know there is a review thread out there but wanted to do what Jake would and give this one a fresh start. I just received my irons and before I get started I wanted to once again thank Bridgestone and THP for this wonderful, amazing, fantastic and rewarding opportunity. I can't quite put into words just how amazing Bridgestone Golf, THP and my wonderful tour rep have been. They've truly made me and everyone else feel like a tour pro. Words are often not enough to describe THP, Bridgestone and the forum.. right now is not an exception.

I chose the J40 CB's for a few reason. One, I truly believe the J40 line is one of, if not the best club line top to bottom in the industry today. Bridgestone brought the average golfer a tour level ball and they have brought us a Tour level line of clubs as well. The J40 DPC's are a wonderful iron but the CB's brought some things to the table that just suited me more. The look of the cavity and look at address is simple, gorgeous and unmatched in my opinion. The way the head cuts through the turf is smooth and sweet, like nothing can come between you and a GIR.

They offer just enough forgiveness for my misses and just flat out inspire confidence at address. Never have I took to an iron this quick and I'm looking forward to playing these for years to come.

The stock shaft is a Flighted PX which provides a higher launch/ballflight for the longer irons while the shorter irons are rewarded with a slighter lower flight that is for precision and control. I went a different route but same family. My fittings have always ended up with a PX 5.0 or extra stiff shaft haha. So I went with a perfect compromise. I went to a non-flighted PX 5.5 and soft stepped them 1x. After some consultation I felt this the best approach as it gave me the the lighter shaft, softer flex but still a shaft that would hold up when I decided that to "step on it".

I'm heading out now but will be back soon!

Here are some pics of these gorgeous irons.

Bridgestone045.jpg

Bridgestone046.jpg

Bridgestone050.jpg

Bridgestone051.jpg

Bridgestone052.jpg

Bridgestone053.jpg

Bridgestone055.jpg

Bridgestone064.jpg

Bridgestone068.jpg

Bridgestone066.jpg

Good lord those are great looking irons man and that last overall bag pic made me weak in the knees. I can't wait to hear your thoughts after a few sessions with them.

Tina...those look awesome!!! I like how u set ur irons up for the pics. Good luck with them tomorrow good buddy.

Thanks for including your feet in some pics

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Very nice. The j40's are such a remarkable looking club. Excited to hear how you like them.

In the second to last and third to last pic, the 9 looks like a 2. I was confused for a second.

Good lord those are great looking irons man and that last overall bag pic made me weak in the knees. I can't wait to hear your thoughts after a few sessions with them.

LOL dude I've been staring at them all night while waiting for pics to upload! I'll get some feedback tonight :)

Tina...those look awesome!!! I like how u set ur irons up for the pics. Good luck with them tomorrow good buddy.

Thanks for including your feet in some pics

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

HA! I knew you'd love the feet. Took some queues from you dude. These are just without a doubt the best looking irons I've ever owned.

Very nice. The j40's are such a remarkable looking club. Excited to hear how you like them.

Same here! I'm going out right now and I'm stoked!

Same here! I'm going out right now and I'm stoked!

Cool beans. The 9 looks like a 2 in the second to last and third to last pic.

Great pics yoccos. Where you the only staffer to get the CB's?

Nice pix Tmex. They look great. Can't wait to hear how you get along with them.

Those are some beautiful feet

And the irons look good too

Cool beans. The 9 looks like a 2 in the second to last and third to last pic.

Haha it kinda does, doesn't it??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I think I would cry hitting those for the first time. They're just too nice to hit!

Great pics Yoccos!! Why only a 56* wedge. Seems like a big gap from PW to 56*.

Thanks dude! I ordered a 51* as well. It'll be here soon :)

Nice pix Tmex. They look great. Can't wait to hear how you get along with them.

Thanks dude! Sorry no tapatalk multi quote.

I chose the J40 CB's for a few reason. One, I truly believe the J40 line is one of, if not the best club line top to bottom in the industry today. Bridgestone brought the average golfer a tour level ball and they have brought us a Tour level line of clubs as well. The J40 DPC's are a wonderful iron but the CB's brought some things to the table that just suited me more. The look of the cavity and look at address is simple, gorgeous and unmatched in my opinion. The way the head cuts through the turf is smooth and sweet, like nothing can come between you and a GIR.

They offer just enough forgiveness for my misses and just flat out inspire confidence at address. Never have I took to an iron this quick and I'm looking forward to playing these for years to come.

My feelings exactly!

I just posted my pics and thoughts on these same clubs today.

I'm really looking forward to following this thread.

I think I would cry hitting those for the first time. They're just too nice to hit!

Its bittersweet lol

My feelings exactly!

I just posted my pics and thoughts on these same clubs today.

I'm really looking forward to following this thread.

Throw them in here too dude! I'm gonna check yours out once I get home. Can't wait to read them brohammer!

You can thank me later lol.

LOL seriously great looking clubs. Wish they were more available to hit :banghead: I'd love to swing some

These irons really look the business. They definitely caught my eye first but have since grown a liking for the DPC as well. Really interested to hear your thoughts on these.

What would they sit next to if you compared them with the Titleist line and the TM line?

Great Bag Mark, I'm insanely jealous. I am pretty sure your bag will be the sessiest at the Morgan Cup. If you ever bring those to Fl they very well may go missing.

Thanks for the pics! Those are gorgeous irons. As Bahester said, I wish these were more available to hit.

Ill get your questiopns shortly but man are these easy to hit. I've hit the 5i, 7i and 9i tonight and wow.... Just like I remember from the outing.

Back