Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Garnett is not retiring and will be signing a 3yr $34mil contract with the Celtics. Good for Boston to get him back, but $34mil does seem like a lot of money to give a 36 year old.

Interesting. Garnett is not retiring and will be signing a 3yr $34mil contract with the Celtics. Good for Boston to get him back, but $34mil does seem like a lot of money to give a 36 year old.

From what I have been told, this was something that both sides went back and forth on quite a bit (not money, but whether or not they could contend). KG wanted to retire a Celtic and they were willing to do the deal. It looks like they are still going to be below the cap too.

It's a lot of money until you realize that he was getting $22 million per year in his prior contract! I'm hoping that this is a 2 year deal with a team option for the 3rd year and not 3 years guaranteed. I also hope that the Celtics approach KG like the Spurs have approached Duncan over the past couple of years, where they limit his minutes during the regular season to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

So the Celtics save about $10 million next year by reducing KG's contract, and it sounds like Ray Allen is headed elsewhere in free agency and he made $10 million this year. Hopefully having some more money to spend in free agency will allow the Celtics to sign a legit center in free agency to start so that KG can move back to the 4. Also, they can resign Jeff Green to back up Pierce at the 3, Sullinger comes in as a backup 4, and they need to add a good 3 point shooter off of the bench to replace Allen since Avery Bradley will be in the starting lineup next to Rondo next year.

Bring back Ray Allen, a healthy Avery Bradley, plus hopefully a healthy Sullinger and the Celtics have the potential to be very tough for the next couple of years.

This seems about right. I would imagine he plays two years of this deal and then retires. I think if the Celtics can somehow get a legit one on one wing scorer then they could compete for the East again next year. The only team standing in their way next year will be the heat.

This seems about right. I would imagine he plays two years of this deal and then retires. I think if the Celtics can somehow get a legit one on one wing scorer then they could compete for the East again next year. The only team standing in their way next year will be the heat.

Im on the opposite end. I still think Pierce is that one on one wing scorer and that what is holding them back is a legit big man to take pressure off of KG to play that position, and someone that can come off the bench and shoot.

Im on the opposite end. I still think Pierce is that one on one wing scorer and that what is holding them back is a legit big man to take pressure off of KG to play that position, and someone that can come off the bench and shoot.
I would have agreed with you last year and the year before, I just don't think he's good enough to get off his shot, or get to the rim against the best players in the league anymore and I think that was shown during the playoffs this year.

I do agree that they need some interior help so that KG can move back to the 4 instead of the 5, but I think along with that, they could use some young athletic length on the wing that can get to the rim.

I would have agreed with you last year and the year before, I just don't think he's good enough to get off his shot, or get to the rim against the best players in the league anymore and I think that was shown during the playoffs this year.

I do agree that they need some interior help so that KG can move back to the 4 instead of the 5, but I think along with that, they could use some young athletic length on the wing that can get to the rim.

That is where Avery Bradley fills in. Still an athletic slasher that gets by on hustle.

That is where Avery Bradley fills in. Still an athletic slasher that gets by on hustle.
Ya, I'm not a huge fan of his game and honestly thought he was going to be a lot better in the NBA. Thats neither here nor there, they do need a big, maybe Mehmet Okur would fit the bill if they can get him for the right price.

Bring back Ray Allen, a healthy Avery Bradley, plus hopefully a healthy Sullinger and the Celtics have the potential to be very tough for the next couple of years.

I wish Allen was coming back, but I don't think that he wants to come off of the bench up here. Miami is going to make a huge push to sign Allen, but can't offer him as much money as some other teams, will be interesting to see where Allen goes.

It would be really interesting if the Celtics could convince either Roy Hibbert or Javale McGee to sign with them, Hibbert would be more of a polished offensive player in the low post while McGee would provide a huge boost in athleticism down low.

I will say that I basically skimmed the entire NBA season so I might be dead wrong, but didn't Ray Allen kind of stink this year? The games I watched his shooting was awful

I will say that I basically skimmed the entire NBA season so I might be dead wrong, but didn't Ray Allen kind of stink this year? The games I watched his shooting was awful

One of his ankles was hurt pretty badly for the latter part of the year, that's why his shot was off.

One of his ankles was hurt pretty badly for the latter part of the year, that's why his shot was off.

Gotcha. Knew I was probably missing something

I'm pretty happy with the Blazers' pick ups. I think Lillard should fit in quite nicely and hopefully Leonard will too. Hopefully Leonard can become our starting center and stay healthy.

I wish Allen was coming back, but I don't think that he wants to come off of the bench up here. Miami is going to make a huge push to sign Allen, but can't offer him as much money as some other teams, will be interesting to see where Allen goes.

It would be really interesting if the Celtics could convince either Roy Hibbert or Javale McGee to sign with them, Hibbert would be more of a polished offensive player in the low post while McGee would provide a huge boost in athleticism down low.

Either of those players would be great but I dont think either of them will be available. I would think Indiana wants hibbert to be a part of their plan long term and will make him a restricted FA and match any offer he gets. I also think Denver will extend a qualifying offer to Mcgee too and after trading Nene for him, I imagine they will be willing to match a pretty big offer.

I do think Boston's biggest concern is the starting Center position. Any help they can get there will be crucial. They are lacking a little at guard depth...but i think Avery Bradley is set for a breakout year as a full time starter this season.

Either of those players would be great but I dont think either of them will be available. I would think Indiana wants hibbert to be a part of their plan long term and will make him a restricted FA and match any offer he gets. I also think Denver will extend a qualifying offer to Mcgee too and after trading Nene for him, I imagine they will be willing to match a pretty big offer.

I do think Boston's biggest concern is the starting Center position. Any help they can get there will be crucial. They are lacking a little at guard depth...but i think Avery Bradley is set for a breakout year as a full time starter this season.

Darn, I didn't realize that both Hibbert and McGee were restricted. Oh well, there goes that idea for the Celtics, I don't think they'll be able to sign an RFA this summer.

Just wanted to pop in here to see that the Cav's management has no idea what it is doing. That was a painful draft, wow.

We know that Paul Allen is not going to let a little thing like money get in the way of putting together a good team. Looks like they just put a max contract out for center Roy Hibbert.

We know that Paul Allen is not going to let a little thing like money get in the way of putting together a good team. Looks like they just put a max contract out for center Roy Hibbert.
I wish I had Paul allen's money, I can think of some better ways to spend it.

Apparently Dwight Howard wants a trade to the Nets. If that happens, chances are that Dwill stays. Then maybe sign one of Humphries/Wallace as well.

If I was Orlando, I would never give in to "only send Howard where he wants" type of deals. The guy has put the franchise through a roller coaster ride that of course will end badly, so I would make sure that they ONLY send the guy to the team that gives them the most in return.

If I was Orlando, I would never give in to "only send Howard where he wants" type of deals. The guy has put the franchise through a roller coaster ride that of course will end badly, so I would make sure that they ONLY send the guy to the team that gives them the most in return.

What's sad is that I never thought he'd be that kind of guy.

What's sad is that I never thought he'd be that kind of guy.

I thought the same thing. And why in the hell did he sign the additional year if he really wanted to be a FA?? What a stupid decision that was. Who's advising this guy?

I thought the same thing. And why in the hell did he sign the additional year if he really wanted to be a FA?? What a stupid decision that was. Who's advising this guy?

Jesus dude! I really like him and really don't at times.

He should have just opted out when he could have. He's become a circus act with his I don't want to be here - I do want to be here - get me out of here crap. I hope they get a good deal from some bottom feeder team and take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back