2012 AT&T National at Congressional [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really think his short game has been sparkling? That is pretty surprising to me.

I would have to say it's been the opposite. Tee to green he has some of the best stats on tour right now, but his sand saves and overall short game have been pretty mediocre for a tour player.

While I wouldn't argue that Tiger was one of the golf greats, I still believe his days of "dominating" are over. The younger players aren't as intimidated by his mere presence as those of his own "beat them all" playing generation. He will do well a few times a year, playing in those tourneys he still "cherry picks".

The media will continue to drool all over him whether he's winning or losing. It makes me wonder why he resorted to the "extramarital" forays, when, to listen to media any one of several commentators would have been happy to take care of "his needs".

as much as i would like to, i don't know if i'd get in trouble posting pics of tiger at the event...i have vids too...anyone know the protocol ? this event was a blast however it was also so hot out it almost made it unbearable. braving 100* heat to see tiger surpass jack and get his third of the year was DEFinitely worth it tho...

You really think his short game has been sparkling? That is pretty surprising to me.

It looked pretty bad at Olympic but the flop shot at Jack's house and the hole out today. Other players don't seem to do it as often under pressure as tiger. I don't have any stats to provide but it seems like tiger really turns it up another notch greenside at the tournaments he's won this year.

Sent from my iFun using Tapatalk. I should be working...

as much as i would like to, i don't know if i'd get in trouble posting pics of tiger at the event...i have vids too...anyone know the protocol ? this event was a blast however it was also so hot out it almost made it unbearable. braving 100* heat to see tiger surpass jack and get his third of the year was DEFinitely worth it tho...

Lol the media is going nuts because the Midwest and Atlantic coast have experienced a few 100* days, all the while Texas just laughs... I understand though, hot is hot and if you're not used to it it's not something easy to adjust to. I got a little light headed playing last Wednesday in 103* and that doesn't normally happen the heat hasn't bothered me in the past.

Didn't get a chance to watch any of the tournament over the weekend, while at the cottage. Arrived home and just watching Golf Central. Absolutely crazy what happened on Saturday, really eery looking out there.

Tiger with another win this season. Though for myself, still not going to call him back on track until he wins a major.

He will do well a few times a year, playing in those tourneys he still "cherry picks".

It's interesting that he generally "cherry picks" tough tracks with a top-loaded field. Shirker. He won't be a gutsy player until he goes head to head at with the field at Mayakoba.

Tough tracks that suit his game. He cherry picks, there is almost no way to argue against that.
It's interesting that he generally "cherry picks" tough tracks with a top-loaded field. Shirker. He won't be a gutsy player until he goes head to head at with the field at Mayakoba.

Lol the media is going nuts because the Midwest and Atlantic coast have experienced a few 100* days, all the while Texas just laughs... I understand though, hot is hot and if you're not used to it it's not something easy to adjust to. I got a little light headed playing last Wednesday in 103* and that doesn't normally happen the heat hasn't bothered me in the past.

Don't worry we Northerners laugh when a little snow and ice shuts your state down.

Tough tracks that suit his game. He cherry picks, there is almost no way to argue against that.

I'm sorry, but what's his game? Fairways and greens? US Open caliber courses? He is the best golfer on tour right now. I am in the opinion that he has earned it.

He certainly does play courses that suit his game. But not sure that can be a point against him. They are still really tough courses with top fields. IMO he is back. I expect him to win 1 of the 2 next majors and another tournament or 2.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I agree, the guy is back. I am a Tiger fan, remember?

I agree, the guy is back. I am a Tiger fan, remember?

As am I. I am very happy that Tiger is back being competitive.

But please answer for me what does "courses that fit his game" mean? What kind of game does he have? What kind of courses does he play?

I suppose the only PGA pros who don't "cherry pick" to that extent then are those who are happy to get in the field without qualifying or those working to make top 125, top 50, etc.. I can't recall any of the top players of the current era playing 25+ tour stops a year.

All top tier golf pros setup their schedule to play courses that suit there game. Tiger is no different.

I doubt if Tiger will ever be "back" to the 2000 Tiger, but what does "back" really mean? Winning majors? I believe he is leading the PGA tour money list & the FedEX cup point.

It seems he plays courses that he doesn't have to hit driver a lot. Of course, as a casual observer, I could be wrong.
As am I. I am very happy that Tiger is back being competitive.

But please answer for me what does "courses that fit his game" mean? What kind of game does he have? What kind of courses does he play?

It seems he plays courses that he doesn't have to hit driver a lot. Of course, as a casual observer, I could be wrong.

But at that level, they don't need to. When you can hit your 3wood 275 yards, drive is crazy. What course out there requires a lot of drivers? He did smoke his driver 345 yards on 18 yesterday.

Keep in mind JR, I'm not digging on you. But the idea that he cherry picks.

Don't worry we Northerners laugh when a little snow and ice shuts your state down.

Paid Holiday... What's to laugh about?

Tiger cherry picks because he can. He wins 27% of the events he's played in. He has the luxury of picking and choosing and still being able to be competitive. Hell win FEC and play the least events. That's dominance.

I suppose the only PGA pros who don't "cherry pick" to that extent then are those who are happy to get in the field without qualifying or those working to make top 125, top 50, etc.. I can't recall any of the top players of the current era playing 25+ tour stops a year.

Greg Norman started the shortened golf season only playing in big events and majors. TW splashes the scene and
Basically plays the same schedule for
Years but adds one or two as he goes along.
It'd be cherry picking if he didn't do it every year but this is his schedule. Top events with one or two laughers (frys.com and Greenbrier)

Greg Norman started the shortened golf season only playing in big events and majors. TW splashes the scene and
Basically plays the same schedule for
Years but adds one or two as he goes along.
It'd be cherry picking if he didn't do it every year but this is his schedule. Top events with one or two laughers (frys.com and Greenbrier)

I wish he would play more just because I want to know how he would do stat wise if he played 90% of the tournaments like some of the other grinders on tour. All in all though when he does add those tournaments he also brings a lot of money because it is rare that he is at smaller venues...To be honest I feel like him taking his limited schedule actually helps benefit both him and smaller tournaments (when he decides to enter them)

It's hard to find a single course where he does need to hit the driver a lot. He hits his 3 wood as far as a lot of guys hit their driver.

I'm not debating that Tiger doesn't "cherry pick" the tournaments he plays in, but every single player in the top 30 of the world golf rankings does the exact same thing. Tiger mentioned in his press conference that he picks tournaments based on his schedule and whether or not he thinks it's a good golf course. Which makes sense, why play a golf course you don't like simply for the point of playing in a PGA tournament.

Either way, I think that "if" Tiger continues to play with the confidence he has shown the last few times he has tee'd it up, he will definitly be in the hunt at both of the remaining majors as well as quite a few other tournaments. But that's a big "if".

Absolutely. We're cool. I see your point.
But at that level, they don't need to. When you can hit your 3wood 275 yards, drive is crazy. What course out there requires a lot of drivers? He did smoke his driver 345 yards on 18 yesterday.

Keep in mind JR, I'm not digging on you. But the idea that he cherry picks.

good grief are we still discussing last week????? they strart a new tournament in 2 days.....Tiger won....move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back