2012 AT&T National at Congressional [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it can be interesting to ponder how differently the careers of many players if there was no tiger (and I'm sure the same can be said for jack, but I am not nearly as familiar with the players and career arcs of his era). How many other players might have had a run like padraig did when Tiger was out in 08 during that previous stretch of 00-07.

Might Phil have gotten his open? How many more majors or tournaments might he have won, could he be in the watson range? How many other players might have gotten a major or two, and won more titles and how drastically different would we consider them and their careers? 74 wins and 14 majors is a lot of tournaments for guys to make a great career, a hall of fame career for themselves that never happened.

It's an impossible hypothetical but it makes for interesting bar talk.

I never said nobody cherry picks tournaments at all. What I said is there is a clear guy that is by far the worst offender (if one wants to call it an offense) and that is Tiger Woods. Its not even debatable.

And why mention it? Because its someone's opinion. Just as you have yours, others have an opinion that differs. He plays in less events than anybody on tour and outside of injury has for years. Some people prefer to see people give back to the tour that made them famous by playing in more events and different events and that is their right, just as its yours to defend him.

For instance I said nothing in this thread, but you made a comment that everybody in the top 30 does the same, and frankly I dont think that is the case and certainly not to the extreme that Mr. Woods does.

As you say, agree to disagree.

Nobody is bigger than any sport. Golf was around before Tiger and will be around long after him. The same question could have been asked about Jack, and yet nobody ever asks it.

Ironically the two not only share dominance, but also personality.

What do you mean by personality?

What do you mean by personality?

Jack and Tiger in my opinion very much share a similar personality.

Both can be very socialy awkward. Watch Jack at the masters during the par 3. His personality and interactions with the fans is nothing like what you'll see from Arnie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back