My Morgan Cup Announcement/Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this isn't the right place for this question but I want to know:

Is there anything us not participating in or attending the MC can do to help?

Here's a response to a post you made in this thread not even a week ago.

I have said before its not about individuals that have or have not been around. Its about an entire forum embracing the idea if people want to see this event again. Hearing things such as well I am not getting the equipment so I dont care or it doesnt involve me, pains me to hear. A brief example...Watching just the other day as people were discussing Vanilla Ice in the banter thread, yet those discussing him, most had no idea the reason he was brought up.

The people in the MC need to do a better job of bringing the event to the people, but at the same time, the people have to care. I have so much to speak about this topic, but before I take it over board, I will just cut bait.

I personally feel some blame because I have not been nearly as active as I would like to have been. I have been around a long time and I am trying to do as much as I can with the time that I have. I have a few handicaps I have to overcome, like only being able to do 30 second videos and sleeping in hotels more so than my own bed. My personal life has suffered as well. I am doing what I can in the time that I have.

I will continue to be a part of future MC's even if it means going to it to film or whatever. I believe in this event and the people behind it even if my time on the forum has not shown it.

Josh I truly hate that you would put any blame on yourself. You have truly done an amazing job. There is still 3 weeks. Anyone who is a participant should be asking themselves what more can I do. Now is the time to do it. Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Nothing worse than looking back and being disappointed in your effort.

Team Hackers and Team Paradise I will ask only 1 thing. Take a look at how much time you spend daily on this site. For the next 3 weeks try and add 30 minutes to that. Respond to people who are looking for equipment advice with suggestions as to why your MC gear should be considered. Have an idea for a video? Its time to shoot it. Be proactive! I'm being a little hypocritical right now since I'm away at an amusement park with the family but I would just love for everyone to feel great at the end of this.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Josh I truly hate that you would put any blame on yourself. You have truly done an amazing job. There is still 3 weeks. Anyone who is a participant should be asking themselves what more can I do. Now is the time to do it. Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Nothing worse than looking back and being disappointed in your effort.

Team Hackers and Team Paradise I will ask only 1 thing. Take a look at how much time you spend daily on this site. For the next 3 weeks try and add 30 minutes to that. Respond to people who are looking for equipment advice with suggestions as to why your MC gear should be considered. Have an idea for a video? Its time to shoot it. Be proactive! I'm being a little hypocritical right now since I'm away at an amusement park with the family but I would just love for everyone to feel great at the end of this.

Well said, Chunky. And you aren't being hypocritical, either...you've supported the MC incredibly well.

Good words Chunky. I am doing this myself even if I am somewhat limited in my abilities. We have 3 weeks to make this place glow. Lets do it guys!

Here's a response to a post you made in this thread not even a week ago.

I understand the concept of getting "into" it, I was more thinking about Twitter, FB, other social media for repping the sponsors and things. As we who aren't participating don't have a tie, expect an alligance to a team maybe, I'm wondering tips and advice on how we can show all these amazing sponsors some love.

This goes back to my original thought, as a non MC I feel like an outsider at times. I know the MC is an amazing event and would love to help out in person, but it's just not possible. It was more of a plea on real world advise to help, not just the standard be active on the forum kind of thing.

Do the MC participants do anything special to rep their sponsors that we could be doing perhaps?

I understand the concept of getting "into" it, I was more thinking about Twitter, FB, other social media for repping the sponsors and things. As we who aren't participating don't have a tie, expect an alligance to a team maybe, I'm wondering tips and advice on how we can show all these amazing sponsors some love.

This goes back to my original thought, as a non MC I feel like an outsider at times. I know the MC is an amazing event and would love to help out in person, but it's just not possible. It was more of a plea on real world advise to help, not just the standard be active on the forum kind of thing.

Do the MC participants do anything special to rep their sponsors that we could be doing perhaps?
Most of us post to our sponsor's facebook pages, and like or comment on posts other staffers are making on the other sponsor pages.

When the 2012 Morgan Cup is complete, I will be updating this thread. I have always believed that transparency is the best way to bring things to our readers and that is not going to change now. I think we have a pretty special event here and its a real shame what I think has been lacking. If we do it again, there will be wholesale changes, and that is nothing more than an "if".

I plan on giving it everything I got in 3 weeks for my sponsor and my teammates as well as those that have put their blood sweat and tears into this event to make it what it can be. Then I will be walking off the course, with my head held high knowing in my last event of this kind, I worked my tail off to bring something special. I have learned a lot about people being on the other side of the planning of this one. Knowledge is power in the end.

No success is better than knowing you gave 110% to a project.

I almost didn't quote this because I kinda think at times I don't know when to shut up.

I know you mentioned not singling people out and you've always been honest with us. I don't know what you'd say about me with this event and that sucks. I don't know what you'd say about most people and that sucks too because in either case, there shouldn't be any doubt. I've been through multiple deaths, a job change and whatever else and while I wasn't there for a stretch, I do bust my ass. This is not only to you JB but to the forum as well because you all deserve our best and deserve to know we are giving our best.

I don't take many things personally but I can tell you, when some where like... Where is he? After I explained. I did get a little pissed at a few because honestly, they had no room to talk themselves. Personally this event means more than I could ever explain. I've tried to be honest, work hard and whatnot but in the end its not gonna take one person. Its gonna take all us. Whether or not a few think I'm full of crap, I can't change that by words but rather by just keep pushing and hopefully others will follow.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Those who read the forum know what has been going on with you dude. You are still Marc Awesome!

Really sorry guys. I'm going to try my best these next few weeks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk

There is a FB fan page, a twitter account that all the sponsors follow. These have been up and are being followed.

Well said ******. For the last two weeks I haven't been able to post near as much as I would normally simply because I've been working some insane hours in order to both get my jobs done, and make the time needed to be able to go to the MC.

For each of us we need to be able to look at ourselves in the mirror and ask whether or not we worked hard enough, or did enough for our sponsors and for THP. I know recently while I haven't been here as much as normal during the week, I know I have spent every single spare minute that I had on the forum, and thats all I can do.

I hope to never see this thread again.

Those who read the forum know what has been going on with you dude. You are still Marc Awesome!

Gotta be better than that though man.

I said it weeks ago in this thread: no one is innocent! I don't care who you are or how much you post or what you do, we could all do better. No need to get yourself worked into a frenzy Tmex.

I said it weeks ago in this thread: no one is innocent! I don't care who you are or how much you post or what you do, we could all do better. No need to get yourself worked into a frenzy Tmex.

You're right big man. I'm excitable though so its hard not too.

You're right big man. I'm excitable though so its hard not too.

It's ok. Your people have quick fuses, we still love you.

--
Tapatalk2

There is a FB fan page, a twitter account that all the sponsors follow. These have been up and are being followed.

Tadashi is it the THP FB page or is there a specific Morgan Cup page. I did a FB page search for Morgan Cup and was not successful.

I don't twitter but am on FB.

Thanks Smalls... Went there and "liked"

OK, I'm going to put my 2 cents in. This is just a suggestion that might help get some more interest. Since I am fairly new here, I haven't met anyone in person and am still pretty much just in acquaintance status with everyone on the forum. So I still haven't picked a MC team to support yet.

But if a MC staffer were to show some interest in me and ask for my support, that would be enough to get me off the fence. I'd bet there are a lot of forum members out there that are in the same boat I am, so I suggest a last minute recruitment drive. If someone isn't sporting a banner or at least a tag line for one team or another, they should at least be asked if they would support you.

I hope this doesn't sound like a bid for attention on my part. I was simply going over the reasons why I haven't been involved at all and the types of things JB would like to see and thought this was something that might get more people involved. After all, as someone said, you guys are the "rock stars of the forum" right now and the rest of us are just potential fans.

Just like some of my fellow THP'ers I would have played in an event like this with my own clubs! Just getting the treatment like a tour pro with sponsors, I would have let everyone and their mom know about this sick opportunity! No one's at fault here, just hope this event sticks around.

OK, I'm going to put my 2 cents in. This is just a suggestion that might help get some more interest. Since I am fairly new here, I haven't met anyone in person and am still pretty much just in acquaintance status with everyone on the forum. So I still haven't picked a MC team to support yet.

But if a MC staffer were to show some interest in me and ask for my support, that would be enough to get me off the fence. I'd bet there are a lot of forum members out there that are in the same boat I am, so I suggest a last minute recruitment drive. If someone isn't sporting a banner or at least a tag line for one team or another, they should at least be asked if they would support you.

I hope this doesn't sound like a bid for attention on my part. I was simply going over the reasons why I haven't been involved at all and the types of things JB would like to see and thought this was something that might get more people involved. After all, as someone said, you guys are the "rock stars of the forum" right now and the rest of us are just potential fans.

Solid post Sir Flubs

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Like I said days ago - y'all need to do some politickin'

Great post man, I can tell that you are clearly very handsome and clever. You sound like a Team THP supporter.

Great post man, I can tell that you are clearly very handsome and clever. You sound like a Team THP supporter.

Join the good side, we pride ourselves in our beards. And sex appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back