Birdies...how often are you getting them?

Oh, I forgot. My record for birdies in a round is 1. Lol.

I usually get one or two a round. Three and four have happened but I can go a few rounds with none. Final answer one

Average @ maybe 2
Best round @ 5

I usually don't have any in a round I'm happy if I have 1 or 2 pars a round Birdies? yeah right:laughing:

Golf shot tells me that I'm good for about 1 every 4-5 rounds. At my point of the game I'm more focused on making pars and think of those as birdies instead. Saying that though, I should have made 2 instead of 1 during yesterday's round. Haha.

Well my last 3 rounds I went 0,1,2 for birdies. Funny then how it works for that the same rounds my double bogeys were 0,1,2.

I don't keep track of that, but I would say I average 2 per round.

I would say I usually get one every other round or so. Once in a while I'll get two in a round, however yesterday I ended up with a best ever three in a round. One was inside a foot of being an ace on a 150 yard par 3, the next was a nice 25 foot putt with a sweeping downhill break on a par 5, and the last was a chip in on the 18th. There were some other holes to help keep me grounded though and remind me that I still generally suck at this game. Ended up with an 86, with 6 GIR and only 31 putts on the round.

From what I've got for records, I seem to be around 3 birds / 4 rounds. Heck of it is, I can get 2 or 3 in a round then not see any for a week or more. The joys of inconsistency.

I had a whole 1 birdie yesterday, very first hole of the day and all was down hill after that, lol. Birdie, par, bogey most of the way around from there.

One birdie per round is good for me. Two is great.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I played this past Saturday and got 4 birdies for probably the 2nd or 3rd time in my life. I am usually good for 1 a round, but I also had a few doubles to go with the 4 birdies... choppin' it up all around.

Not many, maybe 1 every 9 holes. They don't do much to offset the 8 bogeys though.

3.13 birdies per round (24 logged rounds). High is 8 and low is 1.

I get 1 every 2 or 3 rounds. On exceptional rounds I may get 2 or 3, but those rounds are about 1-2 per season.

Every 2 or 3 rounds.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk

I had a pretty good of run of making at least one in the last 5 or 6 rounds come to an end the other day. Most during that stretch was 3 in a round. A couple with two. Birdies are fun but I enjoy tap-in 2nd putts very much... Hate 3 - 4 foot putts.

I posted on this thread about having one birdie every other round and then I had 2 in one round. This post is good luck for me :)

I've averaged a birdie 2% of the holes over my last 50 rounds. Thats about 1 every 3 rounds. Most is 3 in one round. My home course doesn't yield too many because none of the Par 5's are reachable in 2.

Prior to about a month ago, I would say my average was every other round. I just couldn't convert birdie putts no matter the length. The past month or so, I have really gotten aggressive with my birdie putts and this has led to an increase. I've averaged at least 1 per round and the last few rounds were 2 and 3. If I'm inside 10 feet, I'm going to be aggressive with the putt and live with the consequences. I've also been trying to keep the putt inside the hole more often. I used to play too much break

Prior to about a month ago, I would say my average was every other round. I just couldn't convert birdie putts no matter the length. The past month or so, I have really gotten aggressive with my birdie putts and this has led to an increase. I've averaged at least 1 per round and the last few rounds were 2 and 3. If I'm inside 10 feet, I'm going to be aggressive with the putt and live with the consequences. I've also been trying to keep the putt inside the hole more often. I used to play too much break

That's good stuff chunkster. I think I'm guilty of reading too much break into putts as well. If it doesn't hit the hole it doesn't have a chance to go in.

I was the complete opposite. I would underread and go heavy on pace. Since taking way more break and ltrying to die it into the hole, Ive made a ton of more birdies, including my last round totalling 5.
That's good stuff chunkster. I think I'm guilty of reading too much break into putts as well. If it doesn't hit the hole it doesn't have a chance to go in.

I was the complete opposite. I would underread and go heavy on pace. Since taking way more break and ltrying to die it into the hole, Ive made a ton of more birdies, including my last round totalling 5.

So you're just more or less taking a direct approach and making sure you get it there?

I have only gotten 2 this year on 6 full 18's.. Not bad but not very many chances either. They will come with time I hope

Back