Birdies...how often are you getting them?

I used to. But since switching to playing way more break and way less speed, I've made a ton more.

Thainer, could you explain this a little... In dummy speak :)

Thainer, could you explain this a little... In dummy speak :)

Don't hit the ball as hard, and play like there is way more slope in the putt.

Or if you're TC, you need to play the put like its flatter than it looks, and give it more speed.

Skimming, but... I shoot mid to low 70s most of the time, but average about 1 or 2 birdies per round. I shoot low by being consistent and getting a lot of pars and few doubles/others. However, I did get 3 today :). Guys I play with talk about how many they've gotten in a row. 2 is my best (do it frequently though), but some guys talk about 4 or 5 as theirs.

Wow, some of you guys make birdies at an unbelievable rate. I played 27 holes today and made none on 8 GIR. Putts just weren't dropping.

Played 9 today focusing on course management and birdied 2 par 5's. Hopefully a trend I can continue!

Today scored 1 birdie and I also got an eagle but more importantly zero double bogeys. Thats a successful round in my book.

What is your frequency of scoring the wonderful birdie? I myself am a low 80s player, dipping into the 70s from time to time and for me I usually get at least 1 bird per round sometimes 2 and sometimes none with my record being 4. So for me the reason I shoot the scores is do is because of minimizing the bogeys and not necessarily getting lots of birdies. My putting is horrible and I miss lots and lots of birdie putts in what I consider "make-able" birdie putt distance of about 15-20'. I just want to hear how others fare on the course with regards to your frequency of getting birdies.
The birdie is a beautiful thing. Nothing beats that feeling for sure.

My main goal in playing is getting on the Green, in regulation. It's a birdie chance and that keeps me fired up and something I live by when playing.

I feel disappointed if I don't have at least one birdie during a round. Putting really makes that happen and this putter that Cleveland put in my hand, the Never Compromise Gambler Straight, has been a big key in making some putts I used to frequently miss. Having the right stick is paramount.

Couple of birdie highlights. Most in one round was 7. I had 4 in a row not too long ago with the 5th one lipping out.

Don't hit the ball as hard, and play like there is way more slope in the putt.

Or if you're TC, you need to play the put like its flatter than it looks, and give it more speed.

after yesterday's roudn I appear to be the later

working on not gripping the putter so hard and letting it rest more in my hands

leading to putts feeling great, but overplaying the break and not hitting it hard enough at the same time

I usually get about one birdie in every three rounds. Today I played 27 holes with no birdies on the first 18 then 3 on the last nine, all on par 4's.

I usually average about 1 every 3 rounds. Had a few rounds in a row were I was getting 2 per round lately but that didn't last long.

I need to make more...they come in waves for me. Sometimes I feel like I'm leaving a lot of opportunities out there with putts from time to time, others I'm capitalizing.

413ce89b-6606-d1c4.jpg

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

right now, if i'm lucky, 1 or 2 a round.

I get 1 about every three rounds. It is unbelievable how much it helps your score when you throw one in.

Back