THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be at least one CO non-native there to play the tips! Not looking good for a double dip down to St Louis, but time will tell with construction schedules. Actually flying back to KC the 24th-29th of this month as well. Grandma is wanting to see her grandson, don't think she cares about seeing me...lol. Going to take the clubs and hopefully get to play a couple courses. Smithville is on the top of the list, used to play that one a lot back in the day! Looking forward to meeting all you guys!

There will be at least one CO non-native there to play the tips! Not looking good for a double dip down to St Louis, but time will tell with construction schedules. Actually flying back to KC the 24th-29th of this month as well. Grandma is wanting to see her grandson, don't think she cares about seeing me...lol. Going to take the clubs and hopefully get to play a couple courses. Smithville is on the top of the list, used to play that one a lot back in the day! Looking forward to meeting all you guys!

Very cool to hear. I'll be the short guy behind you waiting to tee off from the seniors, hehe

I'll be the other short guy :drinks:

Dudeski's.. Less than 2 months till this bad boy.

Dudeski's.. Less than 2 months till this bad boy.

I can't wait. My buddy had his baby so now he can plan out the next couple months and fit it into his schedule!!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Hole #4. I don't think I can play this hole this uneventful!

And I suppose I won't be playing with Jrod this time! He needs to play the tips with the long knockers.

#4 looks tough, but he rocked right through it with a birdie. Kind of think I'll take the scenic route, why not enjoy my time out there and see the WHOLE curse.

Man this course is going to be a challenge! I may switch to left handed before this so I can utilize my slice.

#4 looks tough, but he rocked right through it with a birdie. Kind of think I'll take the scenic route, why not enjoy my time out there and see the WHOLE curse.

And the more strokes you take, the more golf for the money!

I watch these videos and just go wow at the holes.

And the more strokes you take, the more golf for the money!

I watch these videos and just go wow at the holes.

That's the idea, why short yourself a few shots just for some dump number on paper? I had a great day out there today, lots of shots, lol.

While watching that video, I'm looking just over the trees on the left side. A version of the scenic route, with ample time to practice the possible new wedges out of the pasture! Also a different version of enjoyment.

Normally, I'd say bring on those draw holes, since that is my usual shot shape....but then yesterday, I had a case of the fades. Not really sure where they came from, but hopefully the draws comeback.

I suspect this is going to be one of those new courses I play, where I'm constantly in the rough, commenting how nice the fairway looks and wondering how it feels to hit from the fairway.

Those videos are awesome. Going to have to go and watch them all now.

~Rock

I'm boycotting the videos as after watching the first couple I began to realize this course is gonna rip me wide open. I'm gonna take the ignorance is bliss approach so I can justify missing all the shots in the places where the pro on the video says not to.

Stupid guy hitting par 5's in two. That's the chicken way out.

I said it before and will again. Thank you to all that joined the Albatross Club that are coming. Without you guys, events like these would not be able to take place. The costs associated are extremely high and you guys make it all possible.

I said it before and will again. Thank you to all that joined the Albatross Club that are coming. Without you guys, events like these would not be able to take place. The costs associated are extremely high and you guys make it all possible.

The money is well spent. It is amazing what you guys are able to do with it. THP justs keeps getting better and better everyday and it is so much fun to be a part of.

2 way street my man. We love THP, THP brings us great events, contests, testing, and outings! Can't wait for this.

Hole number six.

Does it look to anyone else that there was some creative editing on their part to leave him a 6 or 7 footer for par? Looked to me like the ball was going WAAAAY past the hole when they cut the video!

This course looks brutal as hell. Can't wait.

"Hero" shot..yeah baby! I'm with Smalls, looked like it should have been towards the back of the green maybe 15 footer. They put all the hazards right in my gaps, gonna be fun!

Well, time for me to have another FNG question. Is there an official sign up Page for the tour van events? This will be my first of what I hope is many tour van events.

Dan

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

Well, time for me to have another FNG question. Is there an official sign up Page for the tour van events? This will be my first of what I hope is many tour van events.

Dan

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk
I think doing it here and PM'ing Hawk is pretty much what you need to do. And keep up on the thread because sooner or later we'll have a list of who is playing and on which day (or both days). You'll need to keep up on that to make sure we have a tee time for you.

So that's how Cookie birdies all them Texas HOTD video's, lol. J/K

It did look that way to me, but the hole looks brutal. I know longer have a draw in the bag, so this one could be fun.

Ok, so not only did they totally 'give him' a six footer with tricky camera work, but he was talking about hole 6 and the graphic said hole 1. Oh the joy of locally produced television.

I've certainly played some tough courses, but it seems like with this course there's so many bunkers, water features and trees that only select spots in the fairway are safe. Hopefully I don't cry at the end of the first day. But if I do, just buy me a beer and let me cry in the corner by myself.

~Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back