THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
All in for the tips and being takin' alive! Just got back from DC and found out that a new location will turn over around the 17th! Auughh..so still want to do both this and the MO stop! Time will tell and hope for construction delays..lol.

Was sitting on the plane to DC waiting to pull away from the gate and announcement came over that we needed to deplane due to "maintenance" issues on the current plane. With this not being a normal occurrence, I forgot I put my NC headphones beside my backpack under the seat in front of me. Yep...you guessed it, did not remember I did that and left them on the original plane! Didn't realize it until I was seated on the new plane at a different gate and told the attendant and left my business card.

Will probably never see them again, but hate this airline! Flight back today was delayed an hour as well. Sent email to "lostandfound" since no one answers the phone, wish me luck! Good trips to Phoenix and DC this week regardless!

On a side note, Phoenix had a huge rain storm last night and took out a piece of equipment. Had to go straight to FEDEX to drop of a replacement part for overnight delivery straight from the airport coming back from DC. Fun times!

Tried to break up the mini rant into paragraphs for you Small :eek:fftopic: lol

How does this fall back to page seven?

Here is a video on the first hole we'll be subjected to!

[video=youtube;wsZxJ-14w2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsZxJ-14w2Y[/video]

Cool video Smalls. He sure did play that hole nicely. I could see some carnage quickly if someone fails to leave themselves a shot at the point of the dogleg.

Can't wait to watch this tonight. My phone is slooow right now.

His 2nd shot sounded pretty thin. PGA Pro... pffft :p

Anyway, get used to those draw holes. There's quite a few.

Nice hole! that sure looked easy..

I will add 50 yards to that hole with a power slice.

I will add 50 yards to that hole with a power slice.

I'm hoping to be drawing it most of the time by then. I am getting better at hitting it straight instead of right!

I'm hoping to be drawing it most of the time by then. I am getting better at hitting it straight instead of right!

I'm getting better at aiming further left.

That is my focus of practice.. How far left do I have to aim on this hole.

Not to get off topic, but I have been aiming right and forcing myself to turn my hands over. It works most of the time. When it doesn't, I am in deep doodoo.

OK back to the outing.

Not to get off topic, but I have been aiming right and forcing myself to turn my hands over. It works most of the time. When it doesn't, I am in deep doodoo.

OK back to the outing.
I'm doing the opposite, working on not flipping and avoiding anything left. i'll take right anytime over left.

OK back to the outing.

That sounds like a disaster if I tried that.

Left, right or straight (back) I am going to have a blast!

Guys, lets please try to keep this to the outing. Thank you.

That hole wouldn't be so bad if it went right instead of left.. LOL

His 2nd shot sounded pretty thin. PGA Pro... pffft :p

Anyway, get used to those draw holes. There's quite a few.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the video. That shot was either really low or that is more uphill than it looks. I was looking at the hole maps and wow, don't want to miss left on #3. From looking at most of the hole maps, it appears that there are very few holes that don't have some sort of carry over some sort of hazard. Am I seeing that properly? If so, think I will be buying a few dozen balls just for the front 9.

Yep, from what I have heard that is the case, Ryan. My BIL who has played it a few times has advised me to bring extra balls.

The THP Tour Van will have some extra golf balls for Albatross Club Members that are in attendance.

The THP Tour Van will have some extra golf balls for Albatross Club Members that are in attendance.

Very Interesting.

Two dozen each? Because we might need that many! hahaha

Well I won't, and neither will hawk or Jake, but cookie and Nate might.

I plan on drinking, and i'm not a good golfer when I drink. Might need more than 2 dozen....

And as I recall, they are Bridgestone! I will definitely take my share and utilize/donate them accordingly. :D

And as I recall, they are Bridgestone! I will definitely take my share and utilize/donate them accordingly. :D

I think they are bringing extra for the Texas boys.

JB, that is sweet! I am so freaking excited for this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back