The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wearing shorts.

I'll go post that on the rant of the day thread!

This is something of a mixed blessing. My in-laws are moving into a CRCC (continuing care retirement community). FIL just unloaded his wine collection on us. His taste (and particularly MIL's) isn't exactly mine, but we won't have to buy wine for a long, long time.

Unless I really want to.

Is it possible to be particularly wet in the PNW ever? :D

I gotta admit, during my trips out to Seattle & Portland when I had that area for 2 years at work, there is NOTHING like waking up in the morning and watching a sunrise with either Mt. Rainier or Mt. Hood in the distance. Absolutely breathtaking!

We got Don King boxing for the Wii and JB has been kicking my butt, however, I actually beat him once...I am very excited about that!!

I wandered into a Subway the other day and noticed that the footlong ham sub was listed as 580 calories, so I got one. I assumed there was a catch (like, that was probably "per serving" and there were two 6" servings; or that didn't include cheese.)

I just looked up the nutritional information online. 580 calories, 10g of fat PER footlong INCLUDING cheese. (I wonder if the Chipotle dressing is pure lard though.)

The Kid's baseball team is tearing things up. They won again this morning. He had two hits today (his most ever), and when it was over, the coach gave him the game ball. Boy, is he (deservedly) proud. This season has seen a huge improvement in his skills.

A client of mine is a fairly recent widow. Her late husband was a serious golfer; she never touched a club. When she came to see me today, she brought me a dozen Pro V1s from his stash. She said she had no idea if they were any good or not, but maybe I'd like them.

Isn't that sweet?

A client of mine is a fairly recent widow. Her late husband was a serious golfer; she never touched a club. When she came to see me today, she brought me a dozen Pro V1s from his stash. She said she had no idea if they were any good or not, but maybe I'd like them.

Isn't that sweet?

Sweet, yes...

and just a little bit disturbing...

...but sweet.

Sweet, yes...

...but sweet.

She's just trying to empty out the garage.

Somehow, I seem to have about five dozen golf balls still in boxes right now.

Isn't that sweet?
Id say so...

Sweet, yes...

...but sweet.
I dont find that at all disturbing. The lady has no use for them and thought Claire might like to have them. :confused2:

The yard looks so much better when you tune up the mower and put a new mulching blade in. It's like it's brand spankin' new. Now if I keep doing that instead of waiting another seven years . . .

Tonight, Boo said her big brother is awesome. They're at the age(s) where we don't hear that very often.

Tonight, Boo said her big brother is awesome. They're at the age(s) where we don't hear that very often.

That's really cool! I'm glad to hear that.

I never told my big brother he was cool, not enough. Now I miss him.

I believe I've saved my golf game from oblivion. As a matter of pure logistics, golf for me is a very difficult pursuit. It is difficult because my opportunities to practice are so scarce. The only practice areas within a 30 minute drive of home are each part of very expensive, private clubs that I could not afford even were I offered membership. As such, I've been relegated to an hour round-trip every time I want to practice full swing shots. This weekend, however, I made a lucky discovery. I went for a drive to a small public course only about 10 minutes from my door, which I had understood has no real practice facilities. It turns out I was slightly mistaken. There is no driving range, but upon closer investigation and discussions with the pro, I learned that it has a hidden practice pin between the 9th and 10th tees, as well as a green that is available for putting and chipping practice. Both are free and, better still, open for use as long as the pro is on site, which is usually from 6am until after 8pm during the summer. This may not seem like much to those of you blessed to live in the various golfing mecca, but for a guy hemmed in by obligations and living in the inhospitable world of the District, this small convenience makes all the difference. :good:

I believe I've saved my golf game from oblivion. As a matter of pure logistics, golf for me is a very difficult pursuit. It is difficult because my opportunities to practice and play are so scarce. The only practice areas within a 30 minute drive of home are each part of very expensive, private clubs that I could not afford even if I were offered membership. As such, I've been relegated to an hour round-trip every time I want to practice full swing shots. This weekend, however, I made a lucky discovery. I went for a drive to a small public course only about 10 minutes from my door, which I had understood has no real practice facilities. It turns out I was mistaken. There is no driving range, but upon closer investigation and discussions with the pro, I learned that it has a hidden practice pin between the 9th and 10th tees, as well as a green that is available for putting and chipping practice. Both are free and, better still, open for use as long as the pro is on site, which is usually from 6am until after 8pm during the summer. This may not seem like much to those of you blessed to live in the various golfing mecca, but for a guy stuck in the inhospitable world of the District, this silly little development makes all the difference. :good:
A convenient practice location is EVERYTHING!!

:clapp:

I believe I've saved my golf game from oblivion. As a matter of pure logistics, golf for me is a very difficult pursuit. It is difficult because my opportunities to practice are so scarce. The only practice areas within a 30 minute drive of home are each part of very expensive, private clubs that I could not afford even were I offered membership. As such, I've been relegated to an hour round-trip every time I want to practice full swing shots. This weekend, however, I made a lucky discovery. I went for a drive to a small public course only about 10 minutes from my door, which I had understood has no real practice facilities. It turns out I was slightly mistaken. There is no driving range, but upon closer investigation and discussions with the pro, I learned that it has a hidden practice pin between the 9th and 10th tees, as well as a green that is available for putting and chipping practice. Both are free and, better still, open for use as long as the pro is on site, which is usually from 6am until after 8pm during the summer. This may not seem like much to those of you blessed to live in the various golfing mecca, but for a guy hemmed in by obligations and living in the inhospitable world of the District, this small convenience makes all the difference. :good:

Very cool! And probably safer than some of those obscure reaches of Rock Creek Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back