The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New York Times website now has an entire section devoted to puzzles--crosswords, soduko, ken-ken, and more. In multiples each day. Costs $40/year, but free to us dinosaurs who still get a paper delivered every day. Yippee! My only lament is that they don't have a daily acrostic, so I still only get those bi-weekly.

The Kid had his last regular-season baseball game last night. That's reason enough to rejoice. The big news is that they played the first place team (The Kid's team had been in third) and won: 13-1!

Okay, the other team's best pitchers were resting, but still.

I'm out of school for the summer. WOOHOOOOO.

The Kid had his last regular-season baseball game last night. That's reason enough to rejoice. The big news is that they played the first place team (The Kid's team had been in third) and won: 13-1!

Okay, the other team's best pitchers were resting, but still.

Did they move up to second place? Congrats to the Kid's team!

I'm out of school for the summer. WOOHOOOOO.

Have fun Floppy! Play a bunch of golf!

Oh my god, I so wish the concept of summer vacation still applied in my life. Now summer just means I go to work and its humid rather than cold.

Oh my god, I so wish the concept of summer vacation still applied in my life. Now summer just means I go to work and its humid rather than cold.

I kept wondering why my commute wasn't as long as usual, then I realized school was out. It is so true summer just doesn't have the same feel when you are at work everyday. We live 20 minutes from the beach and I couldn't tell you the last time I was there, it's definitely over a year ago.

Both kids will be at sleepaway camp at the same time this year. For 3.5 weeks. I love Camp Grownup! Last year, Boo just did a 10 day intro program. Hubby and I would occasionally feel guilty about not missing them more. But not very often.

Did they move up to second place? Congrats to the Kid's team!

Have fun Floppy! Play a bunch of golf!

Yep. My dad is finally going to get a membership at my home course soon, and my friend found a course about 10 mins away that is $9 for 9 holes. My friend and I will be playing there frequently, and I'll be playing with my brother and dad at our home course quite frequently!

Sure beats my 18 holes every 2 weeks!

I'm happy to just to be able to come back to THP after a long drought. Work has been killing me.

I belong to a professional group that, among other things, gives college scholarships. Last night was the dinner where we named the winners. I'm not involved in this process, so it was very cool to see my cleaning woman show up with her daughter. Another winner had spent some time in a homeless shelter. This is always such a neat evening.

That is awesome Claire.

I found sunglasses with magnification, for reading outside. And pretty cheap, too.

The depressing part is that I need them.

Where did you find these Claire? Jacqui would love them!

Where did you find these Claire? Jacqui would love them!

At my grocery store! My grocery store sells amazing stuff, which is a good thing. I hate going shopping, but I'm there every week. If my grocery store doesn't sell it, I pretty much don't buy it. The best thing (almost) about getting married and moving to the suburbs was ginormous grocery stores.

But back to the glasses--they're a Kodak product. Your basic big chain drugstore should carry them as well.

Thanks, we'll check that out. She loves reading on the deck.

Thanks, we'll check that out. She loves reading on the deck.

I'm looking forward to reading without squinting. If the rain ever stops.

You should have listened when your mother told you that it would make you go blind.

I should have picked parents from a different part of the genetic pool. Instead of getting their average myopia, I got their product.

I am just in awe at the quality that Sligo has going for us in these buckles. Thank you.

For the first time all year, Coke is finally having a decent sale. It's $4.98 a case at WalMart, the same price as their Sam's Choice Cola we've been getting. We bought 12 cases of Diet Coke and 8 cases of Caffeine-Free Diet Coke! Usually it's $6.98-$7.98 a case.

Yeah I know, I'm nuts!

I forgot to record "Wipeout" on Wednesday, but there is a replay tonight.

here we have frequent sales for 6 12packs of soda for 11$, but thats my reward for living in a little town in Wisconsin :angel:

I forgot to record "Wipeout" on Wednesday, but there is a replay tonight.

We were laughing so hard we were crying. And our stomachs hurt! (We watched it tonight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back