2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

It's a great club for going at greens with my game. I put a couple on their with them on Sunday. The M5 is probably my favorite of the two, but both are very easy to work with.

It's a great club for going at greens with my game. I put a couple on their with them on Sunday. The M5 is probably my favorite of the two, but both are very easy to work with.

I love how we all have different favorite Mashie's. SPeaks to how good the entire lineup is.

Yeah it does feel like a really smooth club to me as well. I want to get a M3 now and see how it stacks up with the boccieri.

I love how we all have different favorite Mashie's. SPeaks to how good the entire lineup is.

Yepper. I didn't think they'd be able to improve it like they did to be honest. I just want the M3. I'm playing musical clubs in the 18-20° spot right now and I don't like it. There are a couple par 3's that I need it for.

Yepper. I didn't think they'd be able to improve it like they did to be honest. I just want the M3. I'm playing musical clubs in the 18-20° spot right now and I don't like it. There are a couple par 3's that I need it for.

YOu wanting the M3 makes me want one too.

What would you drop for it, TC?

Why do you guys want the M3? I ended up getting the M4 from budget golf for $69 last week. Couldn't pass that deal up.

Why do you guys want the M3? I ended up getting the M4 from budget golf for $69 last week. Couldn't pass that deal up.

Because it's like an M4 but longer, LOL

I want it to fill the 3h spot. I had the F7, but moved on from it b/c I'm a hybrid guy. I just haven't found a club for that gap that I like in my hoard since the MC. The Heavy went away from me for the first time ever, I tried and found mixed results with a Fybrid 5W, and the OG Fybrid 2h is just not as good for me.

Basically, I want a club I can rely on in the 190-200 yard slot and the Mashies have been really good to me.

So no 5 iron then? I can't see taking the 5 out of the bag.

I don't have a 5 iron and I love that it's gone. The M5 is far more reliable for me dude. Higher, longer, and I actually can hit it more than 50% of the time.

I want it to fill the 3h spot. I had the F7, but moved on from it b/c I'm a hybrid guy. I just haven't found a club for that gap that I like in my hoard since the MC. The Heavy went away from me for the first time ever, I tried and found mixed results with a Fybrid 5W, and the OG Fybrid 2h is just not as good for me.

Basically, I want a club I can rely on in the 190-200 yard slot and the Mashies have been really good to me.

way back in April, i was hitting some Mashies to see what i needed. it seemed as though i hit the M2, M3, and M4 all the same distance, but the M4 was the easiest to hit.
the M2 didn't seem beneficial to my bag and i didn't like the Mashie FW's at all, so i ended up going with the M3 and M4.
as it turns out, i now hit the M3 much better than the M4.
my only issue now, is that i haven't quite figured out the gap between the 588 CB 5 iron and the M4. seems to be about a 20yd gap and it's tough to narrow down.

Amol has an M2...guy hits that thing like butter. watching him hit that all day, made me want one bad.

I have a pretty sizeable gap from the M5 to the 588 6 iron as well. If I'm in between I choke down on the M5 and swing the same, which seems to work fine for me.

Amol has an M2...guy hits that thing like butter. watching him hit that all day, made me want one bad.

I wouldn't change anything out of that section of his bag. Between the driver, 3w, and M2 he's money.

I have a pretty sizeable gap from the M5 to the 588 6 iron as well. If I'm in between I choke down on the M5 and swing the same, which seems to work fine for me.

yeah...which i've been trying to do as well. seems like i still hit the M4 just as far when i choke down!
but like i said, that gap needs practice...i'm not there too often tho.

Of course the shop I was hitting the Mashie+ at did not have the 83g or 59x in stock, probably won't either from the looks of it. I guess I'm going to have to scour the other shops or used racks to test those setups. I really can't commit until I know which weight/flex is right for me.

yeah...which i've been trying to do as well. seems like i still hit the M4 just as far when i choke down!
but like i said, that gap needs practice...i'm not there too often tho.

I'm there more often that I like unfortunately. My approach so far has been Mashie if there's a question whether the 6 iron can get there.

Of course the shop I was hitting the Mashie+ at did not have the 83g or 59x in stock, probably won't either from the looks of it. I guess I'm going to have to scour the other shops or used racks to test those setups. I really can't commit until I know which weight/flex is right for me.

My guess is that you will struggle to find either of those unless you get really lucky. I know Jrod has the 83 in last year's Mashie.

83g in both mine.
i don't believe you'll have much luck anywhere, finding anything but stock in Miyazki shafts...

I have the 83g in mine as well, but had to take a chance and buy it off of eBay. The 59x didn't work for me whatsoever, but the 83g is a different story.

Must have jinxed myself because I finally hit a Jrod-style hook with the M4 tonight. Just one out of numerous swings, but it was impressive.

Must have jinxed myself because I finally hit a Jrod-style hook with the M4 tonight. Just one out of numerous swings, but it was impressive.

lol. the more i try to crush the Mashies, the more they draw and hard. i feel ya Hawkster.

That was honestly the first one out of hundreds of swings and I think I just put a completely hooker swing on it, so no worries on my part. I was just out practicing, so I dropped another ball right afterwards and ended up 20 feet from the flag I was aiming at, so the shock went right away.

Back