2012 BMW Championship (SPOILERS)

How very Westwood of him. Westy needs SCOR wedges.

So what is worse, a "Foley" short game or a Westwood short game?

How very Westwood of him. Westy needs SCOR wedges.

His hands looked like they were resting on his knees.. How is he supposed to make a clean swing with them that low to start?

To quote one of my favourite golf friends... "nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope"

So what is worse, a "Foley" short game or a Westwood short game?

Westwood short game by far. He flat out sucks around the green in comparison to his tee to green game.

tiger "should" be one back of the lead. missed short putt on 15, 3 putt from 12 feet on 6.

Your short game?

There was not an option C in that question.

Seriously, it's pretty bad when a pro has a glaring weakness in his game, and hasn't improved on it in years.

I'm sure they both work on their short games. I'd say it's more mental than anything.

There was not an option C in that question.

Seriously, it's pretty bad when a pro has a glaring weakness in his game, and hasn't improved on it in years.

I like westwood, but in the thread some time ago about him switching coaches there was a comment in the article about westwood not enjoying practicing short game and not practicing short game in general really threw me. Especially for a guy who's battled back to get where he is, I just don't understand the apparent lack of commitment to practicing the one area that has been a glaring deficency in his game.

It's probably an ego thing.

"Pete Dye is the only one who designs golf courses that could actually burn down"

That's pretty funny.. I think the railroad ties look great.

I like westwood, but in the thread some time ago about him switching coaches there was a comment in the article about westwood not enjoying practicing short game and not practicing short game in general really threw me. Especially for a guy who's battled back to get where he is, I just don't understand the apparent lack of commitment to practicing the one area that has been a glaring deficency in his game.

It's tough to enjoy practicing an area when your technique is clearly inferior. Lee uses a lot of leading edge which makes it hard for him to chip from thick rough...hence the yippy-stabby chip that comes around every now and then.

Knowing his new short game coach, that'll change and he'll be using a lot more bounce around the green.

Really good golf by Rory these past 2 weeks. It would be a shame if he didn't win the Cup in 2 weeks in Atlanta.

I think rory just put this one way. this dude has been incredible lately.

splish splash dj's taking a bath on 18

I can't believe Rory's about to win his 2nd in a row. POY voting shouldn't even take place now, lol.

Rory is just playing too good for anyone to catch him. His putter is on fire!

On a side note, I think Johnny Miller wants inside Woods' pants....just saying.

haha wow, Rory is still hunting for pins. Gotta love it..

...and I love the BMW which is 'accidentally' in the camera view off the 16th tee.

vijay has totally choked on the back 9. missed a 7 footer for birdie on 13, drive in the hazard on 14, missed short birdie putt on 15, making a mess out of 16.

Well, Phil has to birdie in to tie Rory, but at least he had a shot at it.

Hey TC: That chip by Rory looked like my short game, in case you were wondering.

Back