CHAMP Spikes Challenge Review Thread

This past Friday morning was the first time I found a complaint against the Champ Zarma. During my first golf shot on the first day of a 4 day golfathon, one of the inside spikes on my left shoe snapped off. I thought it just came loose during my travels, so I just tried to snap it back in only to see it fall back out once I stepped into the cart. After taking the shoe off, I found out the threads snapped off from the spike and now I have have a spike stuck inside my shoe.

Needless to say I was kinda ticked, because these shoes (Lunar Controls) were brand new this season and it was also the hole 1 of 90 for the weekend. I still havent been able to dig the thread part out of the shoe.

Here are a few pics, anyone have any ideas? The rest of the spikes are still in great shape, but now I feel I have 1 shoe that will be missing a spike for the rest of its life.

06f1cd29.jpg

b8c36b3d.jpg

a82fe615.jpg

I havent had this issue yet. I have finally had some of the spikes start to break and I really need to get around to replacing them asap

This past Friday morning was the first time I found a complaint against the Champ Zarma. During my first golf shot on the first day of a 4 day golfathon, one of the inside spikes on my left shoe snapped off. I thought it just came loose during my travels, so I just tried to snap it back in only to see it fall back out once I stepped into the cart. After taking the shoe off, I found out the threads snapped off from the spike and now I have have a spike stuck inside my shoe.

Needless to say I was kinda ticked, because these shoes (Lunar Controls) were brand new this season and it was also the hole 1 of 90 for the weekend. I still havent been able to dig the thread part out of the shoe.

Here are a few pics, anyone have any ideas? The rest of the spikes are still in great shape, but now I feel I have 1 shoe that will be missing a spike for the rest of its life.

06f1cd29.jpg

b8c36b3d.jpg

a82fe615.jpg

Could you use one of those drill bits to pull out broken screws and such? It may work to get the rest of the spike out.

Could you use one of those drill bits to pull out broken screws and such? It may work to get the rest of the spike out.

Good idea, I can stop and get one of those on my home tonight. I have my wife borrowing a few items from work today too.

Good idea, I can stop and get one of those on my home tonight. I have my wife borrowing a few items from work today too.

Let us know how it goes.

So all of my shoes currently have the Champ spikes in them, they continue to give the same predictable support.

One of the biggest things I've worked on since the original testing began was quieting my lower body during the backswing to get the feeling of tension between my lower and upper body and rotation instead of sliding. My champ scorpions really did a great job at keeping me stable and firm to the ground especially in July/august when the rains come in, I really love the way my spikes are reliable. Anyways anyone who is looking for a new set of golf spikes, go with Champ spikes, they make some great products!

I searched high and low for the Champ spikes that fits the Adidas Powerband shoes (Acadamy and Golf Galaxy) on my way to Iowa last weekend. No bueno. No one had them with the right fit. I tried!

I searched high and low for the Champ spikes that fits the Adidas Powerband shoes (Acadamy and Golf Galaxy) on my way to Iowa last weekend. No bueno. No one had them with the right fit. I tried!

they fit in my powerbands

I found another one of these on the course yesterday. That's like 4 or 5 since the testing started. I've almost amassed enough to put in one shoe.

Maybe because you need to retire those shoes!

Just as a update since this testing I have since gotten new shoes and guess what went in them, Scorpion Stingers!!! Love these spikes.

My samba's finally received some new traction control. I am ready for Sat.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347916745.365943.jpg

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Let us know how it goes.

Well good news, I was able to get the broken spike out of the cleat. I had my wife 'borrow' some supplies from one of the ORs at work and one of the scalpels worked perfectly. I wanted to hold off on the drill bit idea as long as possible because I was worried about drilling too far into the shoe and break the barrier of the footbed. Luckily, I was able to slice the broken cleat into little sections that I could wiggle out without breaking the thread of my shoe. After about 7 mins, the threads were clean and I popped a new spike into the cleat and it snapped securely.

Only time will tell, hopefully this works as the Lunar Controls are my fav pair of shoes.

Well good news, I was able to get the broken spike out of the cleat. I had my wife 'borrow' some supplies from one of the ORs at work and one of the scalpels worked perfectly. I wanted to hold off on the drill bit idea as long as possible because I was worried about drilling too far into the shoe and break the barrier of the footbed. Luckily, I was able to slice the broken cleat into little sections that I could wiggle out without breaking the thread of my shoe. After about 7 mins, the threads were clean and I popped a new spike into the cleat and it snapped securely.

Only time will tell, hopefully this works as the Lunar Controls are my fav pair of shoes.

Good deal dd, I was concerned that if you tried the easy out you might not be able to drill deep enough for it to work. Nice problem solving skills there bro.

Glad you got that out of there DD.

I love the new Scorpions I put in my shoes.
This is the 2nd set this year and I can't see using any other spikes.

These are the spikes that come standard with my new TW13s and so far I have really liked them. They are very stable on the swing and walking has been very comfortable with them. I would say the only issue that I have seen is that they can sure mess up a green. I can see marks on the green wherever I walk

These are the spikes that come standard with my new TW13s and so far I have really liked them. They are very stable on the swing and walking has been very comfortable with them. I would say the only issue that I have seen is that they can sure mess up a green. I can see marks on the green wherever I walk

which spikes are you talking about?

time for new shoes lol, you're missing out sir

Scorpion Stingers I believe.

Ok. For some reason I thought you were talking about the Zarma's. You had my interest with that. I have 2 sets of shoes with the Stingers in them. I do like them

When I walk on the green in the morning, I can see some small prints from the zarmas too. They seem to last a few seconds then kind of disappear. Fwiw, the same thing happens with the traction pattern on the bottom of my lunar ascend spikeless shoes too

Scorpion Stingers I believe.
Chunky those are the shoes I have as well and the aftermarket Scorpion Stingers are def different than the stock ones that come in the TW13 shoes, I switched mine out to the regular CHAMP Scorpion Stingers, the TW13 stock ones are much much smaller in size.

You may want to check with Champ as they list a Nike specific version of the Scorpion Stingers here on their website.

As for using the Zarma's on my Adidas Tour 360's, They were not all that bad but as they wore I noticed more and more that the molded cleats in the bottom of the shoe began to show on the greens. In the end I went back to the original Adidas cleats.

I sure wish they made the Scorpion Stingers that fit pins connectors.

Back