CHAMP Spikes Challenge Review Thread

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
As people start to get their CHAMP spikes this will be the thread where the testers can post their feedback. Please keep this thread clean until the testers start to post pictures and thoughts.

CHAMP Scorpion Stingers Arrive

CHAMP Scorpion Stingers Arrive

Hey everybody I received a nice little package from CHAMP today and just wanted to get some initial pics and thoughts up. First off I just wanted to say thanks to THP and CHAMP for still allowing me to test these even though I can not get back out on the course until the 30th, it is very much appreciated. As soon as FedEx dropped these off I ripped the package open and there was a nice little surprise waiting for me in there, a nice zipper pouch containing the spikes and 40 of CHAMP's FLY TEE's. I really like the zipper pouch, it will be a perfect place to keep my spike tool and extra spikes instead of them just being in one of my bag's pockets.

I got everything out and got the spikes open and was pleasantly surprised with the feel of them, they feel pretty firm which I like, no cheap flimsy feeling that I have felt with some spikes that ended up not lasting very long at all. I will definatly be looking to see how bad or not bad these leave spike marks on the green since they do feel pretty firm. Once I am able to start doing some light duty things I will make a video of these going in my shoes and showing the difference between the Scorpion Stingers and my old spikes. The FLY tee's kinda remind of the Epoch tee's so I am also excited to try them out. For now here are some pictures and I will be following along until I am able to fully join in on the fun of this testing, on the course! :clapp:

Zipper Pouch
Champ.jpg

Pouch, Scorpion Stingers and FLY TEE's
Champ2.jpg

Scorpion Stinger Case
Champ4.jpg

FLY TEE's
Champ3.jpg

Front and Back
Champ5.jpg

In Hand Scorpion Stinger
Champ6.jpg

In Hand 2.75" FLY TEE
Champ7.jpg

Back of FLY TEE Box
Champ8.jpg

Last edited:
Wow champ is sweet, I love that they sent out some of the tees too and the pouch, I will be doing a mini side testing on the tees too then! Nice pictures and thoughts, I will have to stop at home during lunch and see if mine came in to upload pictures!

That is a nice little package they sent. Those tees were pretty good if they are the same ones we used at the outing.

awesome pics, hope mine show soon.

Ive been using the champs tees since the outing, I love them, im a huge tee snapper and these things are durable as hell

10YD: Did they send via USPS or UPS?

Thanks fellas, are the first 5 pics sideways for anybody else? I had this happen last time too, not sure why they are doing that as they look perfect on photobucket. Anyhow it was a very nice surprise to see that pouch and tee's. I cant wait to get these in my shoes and see how they feel, im a fan of the looks of them as well, just a simple yellow and black is nice.

Ah. Oh boy, Fedex doesn't have a great track record of speedy delivery around here. Might be a day or two before I get mine.
JR FedEx dropped mine off.

I will be posting a video of me changing my spikes later if I get these today as well as some pictures and maybe a quick initial video review! Hopefully they come today

awesome pics, hope mine show soon.

Ive been using the champs tees since the outing, I love them, im a huge tee snapper and these things are durable as hell

Do you have any Epoch tees? I just bought my first package. How would they compare to the Champ tees?

Ah. Oh boy, Fedex doesn't have a great track record of speedy delivery around here. Might be a day or two before I get mine.

As long as they make it safely man. Something I forgot to mention in my initial thoughts that I planned on was I am a big fan of the wear indicator letting you know when its time to change out your spikes. The C on the bottom of the spikes will turn a solid color when they are ready to be changed. Pretty cool little feature if you ask me. They also include 4 extra spikes, at least for my set of shoes, each shoe uses 7 spikes for a total of 14 and the package has 18 spikes.

Nice stuff 10yard! Nice touch with the pouch to keep them in. The tees are pretty sweet as well, I really liked using them at the Outing!

Thanks fellas, are the first 5 pics sideways for anybody else? I had this happen last time too, not sure why they are doing that as they look perfect on photobucket. Anyhow it was a very nice surprise to see that pouch and tee's. I cant wait to get these in my shoes and see how they feel, im a fan of the looks of them as well, just a simple yellow and black is nice.

Just the first one is sideways.

Just the first one is sideways.
Alright thanks Kmac, just tried to flip it and re-posted it so hopefully its all good now.

Looking forward to getting these hopefully they are here by my round Saturday.

Do you have any Epoch tees? I just bought my first package. How would they compare to the Champ tees?

I had a few Epoch last year and loved them. Ive only had a few weeks with the champs, but they are just as durable if not more for me than the Epoch

I also just realized this is my first time changing my spikes, hoping I got the tool laying around

Here are a few comparison pictures of the CHAMP Scorpion Stingers next to my current spikes I have been using and the ones before that.
From Left to Right-CHAMP Scorpion Stingers, Softspikes Black Widow Tour which is what I have been using all of last year and still currently using, Softspikes Pulsar
champandsoftspikes.jpg

Just showing the difference in height and design. Looks like the CHAMP's will have a much lower profile to the ground over my current spikes.
champandsoftspikes2.jpg

The Softspikes Pulsar (far right silver and green spike) are the ones I referred to in my first post about feeling soft and flimsy and not lasting very long at all, for me at least. On a side note the Black Widow Tours are the adjustable ones with 2 settings, tour firm and tour comfort, I have had mine set on tour firm since day one in case anybody was wondering. In hand the CHAMP's feel the most durable just from bending and moving the cleat around.

Nice 10 yard, looks like the Champ spikes will dig in a hair deeper. Also since the outing I love the tee's.

Nice pics, 10YD. Can't wait to get these in.

I have the Stingers in all 5 pairs of shoes I own since they come stock from Nike. 10Yard is correct in these are very firm but low profile. I'll be honest in that I don't really care for walking on a cart path with them and I walk about 85% of my rounds. On a soft green they do leave quite an impression. I think the testers are in for a treat with these. In rain and soft conditions they really bite the turf and give agreat amount of footing. And i never feel unstable on a side hill shot either. The only time I really have an issue with getting a good connection to the ground is when I'm on hard pan or very firm ground. I think this is a product of the firmness and not really giving any and gripping the ground.

But in the end they are an excellent all around spike and the testers should really enjoy them.

Nice job 10YD, great pic's and info so far. Nice to know these are coming in soon as mine are ready to change out.

Nice pics 10yard...hoping mine come in before the Texas Tour Van Stop this weekend.

Thanks fellas! Playdough that is some good info as my course is always wet or very damp, they over water it so its something I have to deal with all year besides winter lol. I have had issues with my back foot slipping lately as my spikes are worn so I can not wait to try these out. I think I will like the low profile of them. I wont change my routine with these either to see how fast they wear, I put them on at my house and wear them to the course so if I stop to get gas, get a drink or anything like that they get some pavement/concrete time.

Mine arrived today too and will have pics coming up. Chaos in the house right now. I also tried to remove the old spikes in my callaway shoes but couldn't get them out. Need to figure that out still.

Back