No seat. You hang in a harness, but low enough that your feet can touch the ground.

You can do this now if you lower your seat enough so your feet touch the ground if you don't want to pedal. Plus, I'm not sure which is more comfortable. Resting feet on pedals or hanging in the air. I guss hanging wouldn't be bad if the harness was comfortable. But if War is right about the seat, no thanks.

Sent from my GtabComb using Tapatalk 2

Cycling is another one of my great hobbies! The weather was so nice here in NC yesterday I got in a 20 mile ride and then about an hour and a half on the range / practice green.

I ride a Specialized Roubaix and I love it.

Cycling is another one of my great hobbies! The weather was so nice here in NC yesterday I got in a 20 mile ride and then about an hour and a half on the range / practice green.

I ride a Specialized Roubaix and I love it.
Nice. I am a fan of the Roubaix. I rode one for a few months back earlier in the year.

Rode the 2013 Cannondale Evo Supersix this weekend. Love the electronic shifters, I will have one before the end of the month.

I've heard the Shimano electronic shifting system is amazing.

Not something I'll be upgrading too anytime son. New clubs will come first.
Nice. I am a fan of the Roubaix. I rode one for a few months back earlier in the year.

Rode the 2013 Cannondale Evo Supersix this weekend. Love the electronic shifters, I will have one before the end of the month.

My wife and i have just purchased our first ever road bikes. She has a avanti sprint ladys bike and ive got a avanti vuelta. Really looking forward to get out and do some km's.

Rode 28 tonight. It was a pretty good ride. One of my longer ones for the year. I've ridden more 15-20 mile rides this year than anything else. I'll have to update my cycling log but I believe I am over 700 miles for the year now.

Rode 28 tonight. It was a pretty good ride. One of my longer ones for the year. I've ridden more 15-20 mile rides this year than anything else. I'll have to update my cycling log but I believe I am over 700 miles for the year now.
That's awesome. Im back to riding every Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday now, and have been logging 100 mile weeks for the past 4 weeks. Want to bump that up a bit as I work harder to get to my goal.

That's awesome. Im back to riding every Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday now, and have been logging 100 mile weeks for the past 4 weeks. Want to bump that up a bit as I work harder to get to my goal.

You are a machine WE. How do you have all that time to go riding with a baby now?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

You are a machine WE. How do you have all that time to go riding with a baby now?

Im no machine, that's for sure. But, I do enjoy riding.

As far as getting to get out on the bike, fortunately, for me, my Wife is awesome. Also, her Sister had a baby about 4 weeks ago, and I go riding with my Father-in-law and Brother-in-law, while my Wife, her sister and Mother do dinner or lunch and all that stuff.

I would like to get a road bike but have no clue. Haven't had a bike since my huffy like 25 years ago.
What should I look at considering the following.
There is no bike shop here so I would have to order something from amazon or ebay most likely.
Where I live is flat and I'm only concerned about riding it on the street.
Comfort is key.
I can only ride like once a week so I want to spend under $300.

Thanks!
Any ideas?

I would like to get a road bike but have no clue. Haven't had a bike since my huffy like 25 years ago.
There is no bike shop here so I would have to order something from amazon or ebay most likely.
Comfort is key.

Thanks!
Any ideas?

I'm sure I could help...

What kind of distances are you looking to ride? Or, amount of time you plan on spending on the bike each ride? What kind of roads?

Comfort is key.

Thanks!
Any ideas?

The kind of bike I think you are looking for a hybrid/comfort bike. A decent one is about $400-500 I believe. If you want an actually road bike, you will have to spend a couple hundo more. Performance Bike is a decent site get an idea on the type of bikes and $$$. Have fun shopping!

I'm sure I could help...

What kind of distances are you looking to ride? Or, amount of time you plan on spending on the bike each ride? What kind of roads?

See, I don't even know what road bike means lol.
I'm looking for something I can ride around my neighborhood on paved roads. I want it to be comfortable
and I will probably only ride for 10-15 miles once a week. Don't want to spend alot right now cause I am not even sure if I
will like it or not. Thanks

I'm looking for something I can ride around my neighborhood on paved roads. I want it to be comfortable
and I will probably only ride for 10-15 miles once a week. Don't want to spend alot right now cause I am not even sure if I
Gotcha. You probably want something like a Hybrid, which is a more comfortable ride than a Road bike.

A Hybrid will have a more comfortable ride, have you sitting a bit more upright, and have wider/thicker tires...
Spoiler
Cannondale Quick CX.jpg

A road bike isnt near as comfortable as a hybrid, but is made to have you leaning over, go faster, and settle in for some long distances...
Spoiler
cannondale-supersix-evo-side.jpg

For just a quick ride once or twice a week, I would say save the cash and go with a Hybrid bike. You should have no problem pulling 10-15 miles on it, will offer you a comfortable, smooth ride. If you were going to be riding 20+ miles a few times a week and looking to push that to longer distances for things other than just recreation, then I would suggest an entry level rode bike.

I agree a hybrid is more likely to fit your comfort needs. I know some of the decent cycle shops here have some trade in bikes as well. You may want to look into that option.

Checking in.. It has been weeks since I have been out for a ride - coaching has me super busy til early Oct. Yes, I am grumpy because of it. Was going to do a gran fondo just to ride with friends, but lack of saddle time hurts.

Barberakb - Check craigslist. Hybrids sell well but a lot of new riders decide to leave it sit in the garage, and there should be some good deals. You may also have a shop that deals exclusively in used and reconditioned bikes...

Thanks for the advice guys. I will have to see if we have a shop here and check craigslist/local paper.

Ugh. Had my fixer gear road bike stolen over the weekend when I was out of town. I have other bikes, but I have been riding this one the most as of late.

Ugh. Had my fixer gear road bike stolen over the weekend when I was out of town. I have other bikes, but I have been riding this one the most as of late.
That sucks dude. Dont see too many fixed gears anymore. I rode one a couple months back, takes some getting used to but they are fun.

I recently got a new bike, a Trek 7.2fx and love it. My fiance and I have been on a ton of rides recently and i love that i got back into cycling. Such a great workout and so easy on my knees.

I recently got a new bike, a Trek 7.2fx and love it. My fiance and I have been on a ton of rides recently and i love that i got back into cycling. Such a great workout and so easy on my knees.
That's a nice bike, how are you finding the comfort of it for longer rides?

And true, cycling is very low impact on your joints, nice and easy workout.

Weather is finally great again. I gotta get out there this weekend and get a ride in. It's been a little while.

That sucks dude. Dont see too many fixed gears anymore. I rode one a couple months back, takes some getting used to but they are fun.

Yeah, they are much more prevalent in very dense urban areas (i.e. Chicgago, New York). They are also much cheaper and easier to maintain in the rough city roads. I will probably buy another cheap one.

I went for another 10.6km ride this afternoon on the new cycling park by our home. It has a world class velodrome and a 1.75km road track around the outside. Awesome fun. I went for the cycling after my game of golf, and after cycling jumped on the rower for a couple more km's.

I did mountain biking for many years and then finally last year bought myself a road bike and I love it. I got a Specialized Secteur Apex Elite. I did some rides on the local bike trail but then finally bit the bullet and started actually commuting to work with it, which is 14 miles one way. Must say I love commuting with it! I try to do it 1-2 times a week (some weeks more successful than others) ;)

Here it is on the trail and in commuter form...

CommuteBike1.jpg

Secteur1.jpg

Secteur2.jpg

Back