The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really should have given the ball to Turner there.

Lol, I disagree. I bet cookie just screamed

Now I will sleep well. No scream, but a bit of relief.

Gonzo and Ryan hooking up very well tonight!

Now I will sleep well. No scream, but a bit of relief.

Gonzo and Ryan hooking up very well tonight!

Good for you dude! That's awesome. Your first win?

Good catch by the refs. Would have been just ridiculous had that missed that obvious call.

Good for you dude! That's awesome. Your first win?

Yep, barely lost to MikeDean last week even with scoring right at 100 points. Needed 4 from Gonzo and he has like 12 already.

Atlanta D looks awfully damn good tonight, I am impressed.

Official: Falcons D is badass and throws some clean, hard hits.

I guess it shouldn't be a shock that Denver's no-huddle offense isn't as effective in a dome at it was at altitude last week. Denver will be really tough to beat at home, but they'll be a different team on the road. Peyton is also not as sharp this week as last week.

Maybe Peyton will never have the zip on the ball he once did. He'll have to become a Trent Dilfer type game manager. A guy that doesn't give the game away, but can't necessarily carry you to wins, but relies on a strong surrounding cast. A guy who can break down film and not make mistakes.

Kevin

Well just got home and see that Peyton went all Jay Cutler on me. How many don't believe they can still win this after that late TD pulled them within 2 scores. Eli threw 3 picks yesterday but still had over 500 yards and pulled out the win. Denvers D will need to come out strong to start the 3rd.

The owners need to put the pressure on the league to get rid of these scab refs. GOD AWFUL especially the backfield judges since the pro game is so different from college in pass D.

Maybe Peyton will never have the zip on the ball he once did. He'll have to become a Trent Dilfer type game manager. A guy that doesn't give the game away, but can't necessarily carry you to wins, but relies on a strong surrounding cast. A guy who can break down film and not make mistakes.

Kevin

Give the poor guy a few games before calling him Dilfer-like Kevin. ha

Kevin

Wow, this is just wrong. Peyton will never digress to Dilfer level. He would retire first.

The owners need to put the pressure on the league to get rid of these scab refs. GOD AWFUL especially the backfield judges since the pro game is so different from college in pass D.

The owners are the league. Isn't it the owners that don't want to pay up?

Kevin

Wow, this is just wrong. Peyton will never digress to Dilfer level. He would retire first.

You may be right, but they have the same size ring collection.

Kevin

Denver's D is worn out. This might get ugly now. Atlanta is for real.

Atlanta never really puts teams away, they always let them hang around. Glad to get the W but even more glad we played Denver in week 2 rather than later in the year. They are going to be good.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Love seeing Denver lose, love seeing Peyton lose, love seeing Jack Del Rio's defense lose, like seeing Mike Smith win. A good night. :)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8394092/atlanta-falcons-rb-michael-turner-charged-dui-speeding

I will be honest, I hope they bench him for Sunday. I think Rodgers and Snelling can actually do more at this point to help the team than he can. He looks so slow out there and just doesnt hit the holes like he used to. In addition, the Falcons try to actually have a moral compass as an organization and would send a big message to me and alot of people if they sit him Sunday.

After this weekend and last night some of the games have become very difficult to watch with these refs. I hope they get stuff straightened out real soon.

After this weekend and last night some of the games have become very difficult to watch with these refs. I hope they get stuff straightened out real soon.

The officiating was not good last night. More than anything, they couldnt administer simple rules in a timely fashion and killed any momentum either team had. They gave the Broncos an 11 yard penalty when it should have been 5. A judgment call is one thing, chalk it up to inexperience but calls that have specific cut and dry actions should never be missed. The Falcons probably got more of a benefit than the Broncos on the "judgement" calls but the whole game was just brutally slow.

I think you may see some sort of settlement between the refs and the NFL with the NFL putting some spin on it to appear that the refs caved in a bit.

Yeah the game had NO flow at all and was just way too plodding. Hard to watch these games when that happens. Like that Eagles Ravens game Sunday, just couldnt watch after the first quarter went on for over an hour. Zzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back