The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every trade is debatable truthfully, but a guy that had an above average season his last full one, great previously, and coming off injuries and surgery is a guy that is hard to give up half a draft for including the top half.

Being a fan whose team is in the AFC East, I am glad to Revis go. But I agree with you - a first and a third is a lot to give up for a guy coming off ACL surgery. I think it also says something that Bucs have reportedly agreed to a 6 year extension with Revis and none of it is guaranteed money. That tells you that the Bucs even think this is high risk.

The Jaguars' new jerseys are interesting:

BIjcW1XCUAA7taO.jpg

looks like an arena team

Most of team belongs on an arena league team so it fits perfectly.

I don't know, the Sharks (Jax arena team) have already won an Arena Bowl and is undefeated this season. Some of the Jags may have trouble making the Sharks roster, haha.

I... nothing the new unis. They are ok, but I don't like the sleeves being a different color. Just looks funny to me. Everything else is ok. I like the font for the letters and numbers, the logo on the chest, the military influence. The helmet is weird, though - black front fade to gold back. The Nike guys said it was because they were inspired by the way jaguars hunt from the shadows and then attack out into the open, so they went for a dark to light theme... I like the concept but question the final execution. I liked the old helmet, that looked black until the sun hit it and then it was shimmering teal. That was cool.

A lot of talk now of the Jags taking Fisher at #2. On the one hand you alraedy have a good left tackle in Eugene Monroe - one of the few good players on the team - but he's in a contract year. You could play Fisher at RT this year (terrible play for years at RT for the Jags) and then move him to LT next year and let Monroe walk, or you could trade Monroe this year, or you could keep both and have two good tackles. It is more of a passing league now, so maybe teams should put more emphasis on the RT as a pass blocker given the de-emphasis of the running game by the current rules. It may be that all teams will soon have two good pass-blocking tackles instead of the traidional road-grader RT.

Jets released Tebow today

That's alright. He's on "god's team".

I give him less than a month before Buffalo signs him... :D

or the more likely scenario...

He'll probably end up with a job commentating for ESPN.

I know it's going to create a ton of uproar, but honestly, it was the right move for the, they weren't going to use him and they already have too many QBs on the roster!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back