The Journey Begins - Equipment Testing On The Road

I'm starting to think JB and GG have something against the great state of West "By God" Virginia. Look at that map, they avoided it, completely.

I'm starting to think JB and GG have something against the great state of West "By God" Virginia. Look at that map, they avoided it, completely.

Heeh, not the most rv friendly roads in those hills.

We went to New Jersey and Ohio and have been to Alabama and Nola this year. Clearly we have no bias....

I wonder what the mpg would be climbing those mountains 1-3? ? ?

Sadly I think it really would be like 3 mpg. Mountains are not an RV's friend. Going up a hill gets you like a mile to the gallon and then going down them is scary as hell because no matter how hard you hit the breaks you keep on going.

I really have to stop cutting in front of trucks and RVs in my GTI.

I really have to stop cutting in front of trucks and RVs in my GTI.

We have learned a lot about stuff like that. Its very very dangerous to cut off a RV for both parties.

Sadly I think it really would be like 3 mpg. Mountains are not an RV's friend. Going up a hill gets you like a mile to the gallon and then going down them is scary as hell because no matter how hard you hit the breaks you keep on going.

Downshifting is the key

Sent from my DROID X2

This is our official journey taking us through 15 different states and approximately 3,200 miles:

tour-van-journey-L.jpg

I knew it was a long trip, but that's pretty neat to see it like that.

I know you guys are looking forward to the Atlanta stop but I also know that you are ready to sleep in your own bed again!!

Such a cool trip, can't thank you enough for putting yourselves away from home for a month solely to see many of us!!

What a crazy trip. That C to D is rough! Thank you again for doing this. It really is fun to have the tour van visit your area. I know if I had gotten sick, it would have been end of the road and I would have gone home. I'm a grump sick person

What a crazy trip. That C to D is rough! Thank you again for doing this. It really is fun to have the tour van visit your area. I know if I had gotten sick, it would have been end of the road and I would have gone home. I'm a grump sick person

That C to D was a long stretch and included an overnight in Ohio. Getting sick at the furthest point from your home does not help things, but you make do and do the best you can while on the road.

You all leaving StL today?

That's a great graphic, really hits home how much travelling you guys are doing, while rolling up fresh at each tour stop! A whole new dimension to THP.

This long journey comes to an end today. We will have a new thread coming up next week with some thoughts and memories from this trip. Thank you all that made it possible.

This long journey comes to an end today. We will have a new thread coming up next week with some thoughts and memories from this trip. Thank you all that made it possible.

Safe travels to you and GG...looking forward to meeting you one day soon! Thanks again for making these trips!!

Thank you guys for making the journey around the tour van stops. Pretty cool map view of the journey too GG

Thank you guys for making the rounds! Have a safe trip the rest of the way home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for making the trip! i am sure its been a Very long month for you 2 but it was awesome teeing it up with you guys! I had a blast in AC.

That was def. a serious road trip.
JB and GolferGal Thanks so much for taking the Tour Van to the road for a lot of THPer's to see what the forum is all about.
I really enjoyed the two stops that I was able to attend and liked meeting up with some new THP friends and catching up with old THP friends.

yes thanks for making the trip - certainly a special undertaking. Looking forward to see what it is up for next year!!

No, thank you guys. Meeting you guys in NC was awesome and I'm glad you got to go do this for so many THPers.

This trip has united THPers all over the country and just for that, we thank you. Even better that us THPers got a chance to play some amazing courses and hit some wonderful equipment. Next year's THP events (Invitationals, Outing & Demo Day, and Morgan Cup) will undoubtedly blow everyone away. Thanks, Josh and Morgan, for your incredible vision.

Back