THP Invitational #1 - Atlanta, GA - November, 2012

Great news :blob:... I vote for November 10 & 11th for the invitational! We should be through unpacking by then :D. Two man best ball huh? That sounds fair and it should be a ton of fun :golf2:
I think it's a one day event, OG, Saturday only, and I am not sure the format has been announced yet other than it is two person teams. If it has been announced, I missed it!

Another option for people flying in would be to fly to Birmingham, AL via Southwest and then drive over. It's just over a 2-hour drive.

I like the way you think brother
I think I need to go to this. I have never been to GA other than driving to FL.

Check airlines like allegiant. Not sure they go to Atlanta, but they fly out of areas like Allentown I believe and are dirt cheap.

thanks but it doesn't look like they fly to atlanta either. i'll keep my eye out. would be awesome to make the first one.

Look at the thinking cap on you, very nice!
Another option for people flying in would be to fly to Birmingham, AL via Southwest and then drive over. It's just over a 2-hour drive.

what airport do you fly out of?
thanks but it doesn't look like they fly to atlanta either. i'll keep my eye out. would be awesome to make the first one.

I'm hoping for a 4-ball match play format personally. Naturally, handicaps would have to be utilized as well given the large spread of player abilities.

Buck Philly to Greenville round trip for 350. Get in Friday at 1255 and leave at 600 on Sunday...just saying

I'm hoping for a 4-ball match play format personally. Naturally, handicaps would have to be utilized as well given the large spread of player abilities.

Since it's a one day event, unless the turnout is low, it would almost have to be a stroke play event. Maybe best ball, maybe combined score. Just guessing here.

Buck Philly to Greenville round trip for 350. Get in Friday at 1255 and leave at 600 on Sunday...just saying

I got a few for around that price. for one round its a little more than i'd like to spend. i'll be mulling it over i'm sure.... thanks Tad.

I hear ya..I hope you can get it owrked out. I'd like to see some numbers at this first event
I got a few for around that price. for one round its a little more than i'd like to spend. i'll be mulling it over i'm sure.... thanks Tad.

I hear ya..I hope you can get it owrked out. I'd like to see some numbers at this first event

for sure i hope the turn out is good. i'm pretty excited about these invitationals.

Since it's a one day event, unless the turnout is low, it would almost have to be a stroke play event. Maybe best ball, maybe combined score. Just guessing here.

Yeah, good point.

There are a couple of formatrs that would work, 4 ball or scramble or both. I'm sure JB has something in mind..I know it will be fun what ever it is
Yeah, good point.

There are a couple of formatrs that would work, 4 ball or scramble or both. I'm sure JB has something in mind..I know it will be fun what ever it is
No scramble since players will play their own ball. But it could be best ball, or combined score for sure.

Format
This THP Invitational will be a 2 man team format in which you will play your own golf ball. The kicker here is that THP will make the teams.

I'll be there whatever dates are picked. My preference would be for the 10th or 17th. I can do the 3rd, but I leave for a 4-day outing to Myrtle on the 4th. Will be playing the Morgan Cup courses, of course, Caledonia and True Blue along with The Dunes and one other I can't recall. The THP Ivitational Atlanta will be an awesome kick-off to these tournaments. Wouldn't miss it.

This is tempting since my FIL lives in Canton just north of ATL. I vote for 10th or 17th. Let's see how it works out $ wise.

November is tough for me with already planned holiday travel, but I hope to make it work.

Wish I could make this one but it doesn't look like a possibility at the moment.

I hope there will be plenty of others that I can get to.

I wish I could make it to this event, but every weekend in November for me is taken either by work or travel. From a nonbiased viewpoint, I'd work for one of the first 2 weekends in November. The weekend prior to Thanksgiving is a traveling weekend for some people if they take the entire week of Thanksgiving off, and the weekend after Thanksgiving Day just isn't feasible for most people. Plus, the weather will probably be a little better earlier in November.

This sounds like an amazing event!

Hmmm...once dates are posted I'm going to check on a buddy pass from my brother in law. Would absolutely LOVE to make it to this.

Back