What was your most embarrassing moment on the golf course?

You just made me chuckle. Thank you.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

As my current talent at golf is, well, unremarkable, I do try to provide mindless entertainment to the masses whenever possible ;D

Mine is easy. At the driving range and it was packed I tee up a ball and take a good fast swing and as I hit the ball I let one rip cleared out two stalls on each side of me. It wasn't one of those quiet who did it but one where the dog gets scared like he heard some thunder rolling in.

Most Embarrassing Golf Moment

Most Embarrassing Golf Moment

What's been the most embarrassing golf moment you've ever had? Mine has got to be where I was trying a new swing off the first tee on a Sunday Competition and I hit my Ping Rapture V2 3 Wood and made the least possible contact a club can make with the golf ball and it didn't make it off the tee box, although I still managed to make a bogey, it was the worst moment of my golfing ''career'' if you could call it that! What about you?:embarrassed:

Earlier this league season I hit my ball on 5's green from 9's fairway. ( it helps that they run parallel) but it wasn't good.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

When I was 17 or 18, I played in a charity four-ball outing. I won a closest to the pin contest on one of the par 3s, and got a chance after the round at a hole in one for $250,000. So after everyone is finished, the director gets me, rounds up everyone on the property, and we head over to the par 3. So my first ever shot in front of a gallery and...I chunked it. And I mean really chunked it. I hit the ground WAY behind the ball; the giant divot flew a good distance while the ball squirted out about 20 yards. It was pretty bad.

Many years ago I had a beautiful young lady who was walking her dog behind a bunker that I had just hit my ball into stop as I stepped into the bunker to hit my shot. I could see out of the corner of my eye she was just standing there watching me. Now I was a horrid bunker player at the time and really didn't want to look like a total idiot attempting to hack my way out. But I had to hit it. So, having resigned myself to the coming disaster, I told myself no matter what, do not quit on the shot. Then I just took the club back and tried to make the prettiest bunker shot swing I could remember from TV. Amazingly, the ball popped out, landed two feet on the green and rolled within 10 inches of the cup for a kick in par. Then, much to my surprise she started clapping. Well wanting to seem like Mr. cool, and without looking up, I thanked her while kicking the sand back in place and explaining how much I had practiced that very difficult shot (it was a lie). When I got no response I looked up expecting to engage in further conversation. Instead, I was met with an absolutely blank stare by somebody who looked as though she thought I was some sort of psycho. Then, after a brief and totally awkward silence, she slowly turned away from me, clapped 3 more times and called her dog from the bushes where it had gone to take a leak.

I had just started playing golf and was taking lessons from this sweet old man, who was probably around 80. He was standing next to me and showing me how to do a correct backswing. He told me to mimic it, but I swung a little to hard and hit the top of his head with my 7 iron during the backswing. His head started bleeding badly, and to make things worse he was refusing to stop the lesson until I finally convinced him we had to go to the emergency room. To this day, I am known as the guy who almost killed the most well-liked person at that golf course.

Many years ago I had a beautiful young lady who was walking her dog behind a bunker that I had just hit my ball into stop as I stepped into the bunker to hit my shot. I could see out of the corner of my eye she was just standing there watching me. Now I was a horrid bunker player at the time and really didn't want to look like a total idiot attempting to hack my way out. But I had to hit it. So, having resigned myself to the coming disaster, I told myself no matter what, do not quit on the shot. Then I just took the club back and tried to make the prettiest bunker shot swing I could remember from TV. Amazingly, the ball popped out, landed two feet on the green and rolled within 10 inches of the cup for a kick in par. Then, much to my surprise she started clapping. Well wanting to seem like Mr. cool, and without looking up, I thanked her while kicking the sand back in place and explaining how much I had practiced that very difficult shot (it was a lie). When I got no response I looked up expecting to engage in further conversation. Instead, I was met with an absolutely blank stare by somebody who looked as though she thought I was some sort of psycho. Then, after a brief and totally awkward silence, she slowly turned away from me, clapped 3 more times and called her dog from the bushes where it had gone to take a leak.

Hahaha, this is awesome.

Then, much to my surprise she started clapping. Well wanting to seem like Mr. cool, and without looking up, I thanked her while kicking the sand back in place and explaining how much I had practiced that very difficult shot (it was a lie). When I got no response I looked up expecting to engage in further conversation. Instead, I was met with an absolutely blank stare by somebody who looked as though she thought I was some sort of psycho. Then, after a brief and totally awkward silence, she slowly turned away from me, clapped 3 more times and called her dog from the bushes where it had gone to take a leak.
LMAO. Excellent.

About two years ago I was on the 1st tee and was teeing off all the way to the right of the tee box, meaning the wooden tee markers were between me and my ball. I hit a decent enough drive, go to pick up my tee and start down the fairway. All this without realising that my pants had snagged on the wooden tee marker, so when I turn to walk the entire outside left seam of my pants rips leaving me essentially with only half a pair of pants. Shortest round of golf I have ever played. Luckily there were "only" 4-5 people at the 1st tee.

When I was 17 or 18, I played in a charity four-ball outing. I won a closest to the pin contest on one of the par 3s, and got a chance after the round at a hole in one for $250,000. So after everyone is finished, the director gets me, rounds up everyone on the property, and we head over to the par 3. So my first ever shot in front of a gallery and...I chunked it. And I mean really chunked it. I hit the ground WAY behind the ball; the giant divot flew a good distance while the ball squirted out about 20 yards. It was pretty bad.

This made me LOL.. and feel bad for you!

I hit a drive off of a longish par 5 at the private course in Tallahassee while playing with a good friend who is a member. I had a terrible case of slices that day so I aim way left, open up the stance and let her go all the while hoping for the best. I ended up hitting a beautiful drive that bounced off of a rooftop and into a back yard. While they were having a family BBQ & pool party. Totally beside myself I make the walk of shame to retrieve my ball. Turns out they were super folks and invited us to hang out & eat with them.
Best ribs & coldest beer I have ever had on a golf course.

I hit a drive off of a longish par 5 at the private course in Tallahassee while playing with a good friend who is a member. I had a terrible case of slices that day so I aim way left, open up the stance and let her go all the while hoping for the best. I ended up hitting a beautiful drive that bounced off of a rooftop and into a back yard. While they were having a family BBQ & pool party. Totally beside myself I make the walk of shame to retrieve my ball. Turns out they were super folks and invited us to hang out & eat with them.
Best ribs & coldest beer I have ever had on a golf course.

Bad shot + cool people = win

Today I decided to use my free round at an expensive ($200 a round) course. I forgot to ask for directions when I made my tee time so I used Mapquest. When I finally found the place using the directions I had, it turned out they took me to the maintenance area of the course instead of the main entrance. I didn't know it at the time so I explained the bad directions mixup to a groundskeeper and asked them how to get to the clubhouse.

He told me to go back and at the end of the building go through the parking lot, take a left, go through the gate and take a left on the road which would take me the back way to the clubhouse. So I found a one lane road and headed for the clubhouse. When I started seeing fairways on either side of me I got a little nervous, and when I got to a dead end at a tee box I got a lot more nervous. Here I was, driving around the course on the cart path in my F150.

Luckily there weren't any golfers on the back nine that early so the only people that saw me were the mowers, who just smiled and waved. I finally got the right directions and went back to the maintenance building and found the actual road that went to the clubhouse.

Today I decided to use my free round at an expensive ($200 a round) course. I forgot to ask for directions when I made my tee time so I used Mapquest. When I finally found the place using the directions I had, it turned out they took me to the maintenance area of the course instead of the main entrance. I didn't know it at the time so I explained the bad directions mixup to a groundskeeper and asked them how to get to the clubhouse.

He told me to go back and at the end of the building go through the parking lot, take a left, go through the gate and take a left on the road which would take me the back way to the clubhouse. So I found a one lane road and headed for the clubhouse. When I started seeing fairways on either side of me I got a little nervous, and when I got to a dead end at a tee box I got a lot more nervous. Here I was, driving around the course on the cart path in my F150.

Luckily there weren't any golfers on the back nine that early so the only people that saw me were the mowers, who just smiled and waved. I finally got the right directions and went back to the maintenance building and found the actual road that went to the clubhouse.

now that had me howling

Kobey: All you needed to tell them was that you were doing a testing on the new golf carts!

It was my first year of golf this year and my coach was looking at my swing and I shanked TWO in a row.

13 shooting high 90s!

Last edited:
About 2 years ago I whiffed with the driver trying to hit a low shot into the wind. Didn't help that I teed it way too low. If it ever happens again I'll just do a Kevin Na.

Kobey: All you needed to tell them was that you were doing a testing on the new golf carts!

Yeah, I was waiting for someone to come running and screaming after me but they were really nice about it. Might have been different if it had been last month when Tiger was playing that charity tournament there.

For those of you wondering why I couldn't tell the difference between a road and a cart path, if the courses where I live have any cart paths at all they are only wide enough for a golf cart. I've never seen one before that was as wide as a one lane road. Or maybe I've lived up here in farm country too long and lost all my city smarts.

Ouch....in many european countries I've heard that you have to be at a certain level before they even let you out on a golf course. The pro has to sort of "sign off" that your ready to play the course. Till then......it's range time and lessons.

Yes that's true, you have to get a sign off from a pro to play on courses and then to play competitions you have a rule test and then you have special comps for getting a handicap.

Yes that's true, you have to get a sign off from a pro to play on courses and then to play competitions you have a rule test and then you have special comps for getting a handicap.

Indeed, at our club you start as a HCP54, once you pass a rules test and a six-hole Single Stableford round where you have to get 12 points to pass, you get HCP45. Then you need to play rabbit matches to get an official EGA HCP 36. They cut your tie once you reach 36...

hahahaha that was awesome!

Good & funny stories!

I think one of the most embarrassing moments for me was when I was playing my second year, and played a tournament on a course I had never played. Not playing the course had nothing to do with what happened tough :)

First tee, I took my driver, made a practice swing, and went for it. I hit it hard. A perfect shot, if I'd be Phil Mickelson in a bunker with a 64. The ball flew backwards and landed 5 feet behind me. I have not been able to reproduce the shot after that.
We did get a few good laughs about :clap:

Back