What was your most embarrassing moment on the golf course?

What is your most imbarrassing moment on the course?

What is your most imbarrassing moment on the course?

A club toss? Cart in the pond? Swing so hard, miss and fall down? Have a few too many Beers at the tournament?

Here is mine.... This was about 12 years ago before I took golf seriously and would just go out to get drunk with my buddies. We had a foursome and the bet was for beers after the round. We were on the back 9 and feeling pretty good by now. We all hit our tee shots and scattered to find our balls. I hit a weak shot that rolled into the valley about 100 yars away. I said I will just walk to my ball. I get to my ball, see that the green is about 60 yards away but would have to go over some trees to get there. I look around for my buddies, don't see anyone, pick up my ball and throw it right over the trees and onto the green. "Nice throw Dave!" i hear coming from the woods where a buddie was taking a leak. I had to buy beers for that one and they still bring it up occassionaly.

I put an electric cart in a river at the CC I worked at in high school, most embarrassing moment of my life. Was heading back to the clubhouse after taking a member some clubs, bridge was wet and the cart just skidded down the bridge the whole way. Bounced off the concrete 'curb' at the bottom of the bridge and it rolled into the river. Cart was toast, i bailed and got some cart path scuffs but nothing major. They dragged it out with a 6X4 gator and a tow rope. Needless to say I heard about that one (from members and staff) every year I went back during college break.

Well, I shanked a driver right into a condo on the first tee at a THP Outing while about 8 other guys watched. Then I got to hear about it for the next year lol.

Well, I shanked a driver right into a condo on the first tee at a THP Outing while about 8 other guys watched. Then I got to hear about it for the next year lol.
True story...I was one of those 8!

I've had several shanks in front of people, those don't really bother me anymore. Hell everyone does it.

Forgot to tighten the strap on my bag and it fell off the cart crossing a road that intersects a local course.
Had to stop and run out in traffic to grab my bag and resuce it from getting hit.
Scuffed up some of my irons....:banghead:

Merged with existing thread.

Yea, I've sort of become numb to that at this point lol.

2 spring to mind immediately.
First one, I tee'd up my ball as if was using a driver but only had taken a 3 wood, went completely under the ball, removing the tee and taking a divot and the ball just dropped into the divot to everyone's amusement.

2nd one is sort of similar but came down too steeply on the ball with my hybrid and the ball buried itself before popping out backwards 5 yards behind me.

Various good golfers I know have tried to replicate both shots with no success :alien:

Two shots come to mind.

Rainy round. Drive goes 180 yards, driver goes 80 yards...left.

The other was on the first tee box, joining a 3 person group. They let me tee up with them after they hit. I swing and thought the contact with the ball felt odd, but the ball was gone. I did not see it take off though, so I asked them if they saw where it went. Two stayed very silent, the third guy pointed at my feet. I had topped it and the ball had plugged in the tee box.

One year ago I was at Bandon. I had mostly been away from the game for a while. We were paired with a father / son combo who were good sticks. I was nervous and rushed and had absolutely zero tempo, totally felt awkward with old clubs and a goofy wind jacket (the only cold/wind gear I owned at the time). Anyway, I swung and missed the ball on my tee shot...3 separate times. Bad shots are one thing. This took sucking to an entirely new level. I relive the embarrassment just typing this.

my brother had one on sunday
we played in ungodly heat and humidity
he was teeing off on #6 a dogleg right par4
he chunked the ground so hard that his driver slipped out and went 30yrds forward... about 10yrds farther than his ball
everyone was cracking up

Drive into a bunker

Drive into a bunker

I was playing golf with a client one time, and as we were driving in the fairway, I drove drove into a bunker by accident. I am always very carefule about driving and about course rules. I litterally just didn't see the bunker, becuase it was just over a hill and wasn't perceptible from my driving path. I was very embarrased.

Jeremy

A few weeks ago pulled my drive real hard left straight into a tree 40yd away from me, shot back past me and 4 buddies at seemingly mach 3 for about a -120yd drive.

Back when I was about 16 or 17, the course I was working at had a tourney for the kids who worked there. During the first round my game was on fire. Easily the best round of my life. By the time I got to the par-3 18th and was waiting for the green to clear, I made a really stupid mistake... I added up my card. At that point I was at 63, and I said to my playing partners "Huh, I only need to par for a 66."

Of course, I stepped up to my ball and proceeded to shank the ball hard right OB. Not once, but twice. After I stopped my heart from racing I eventually played the hole out for a quadruple-bogey to finish up even par with a 70. It was the best round of my life--still is, in fact. But it was easily the most embarrassing finishing hole I've ever played.

Needless to say, while I could really play back then, my mental game was not where it needed to be.

Had to be when I was playing with another random single last year at a 9 hole course that you play twice for the green fee. Right at the 9th, I bend down to read a putt and...RIIIP. HUGE tear right down the crotch of my pants. Felt the breeze, tucked the rip between my legs, putted out, and waddled back to the car and just left. I'm sure he HAD to have seen or heard it, but he was a good guy and didn't even mention it to me.

Last edited:
Had to be when I was playing with a mother random single last year at a 9 hole course that you play twice for the green fee. Right at the 9th, I bend down to read a putt and...RIIIP. HUGE tear right down the crotch of my pants. Felt the breeze, tucked the rip between my legs, putted out, and waddled back to the car and just left. I'm sure he HAD to have seen or heard it, but he was a good guy and didn't even mention it to me.
yup ripping your pants in front of someones mother is pretty embarassing hahaha

yup ripping your pants in front of someones mother is pretty embarassing hahaha

Damn iPad keyboard. Meant another random single. Lmao.

Tapping from my S3

Damn iPad keyboard. Meant another random single. Lmao.

Tapping from my S3
lmao! literally cuz if that happened to me it would be a big problem since i usually go commando ohh ohhh ohhhh

I dunno...probably when I hooked one onto the adjacent fairway and almost plugged our Commander in Chief with a ball... Yeah, that probably is my worst...

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I dunno...probably when I hooked one onto the adjacent fairway and almost plugged our Commander in Chief with a ball... Yeah, that probably is my worst...

Uhm... Like POTUS... That Commander in Chief?

Uhm... Like POTUS... That Commander in Chief?

Yep. He was playing at Klipper when I was a short while back.

I wonder if I'd whacked him if they would have considered it an attempt on his life??? :bulgy-eyes:

You might have gotten a dishonorable discharge...

You might have gotten a dishonorable discharge...

You just made me chuckle. Thank you.

it never happened to me but a mate of mine in a medal, really wet day first drive of the day and his club goes about 40 yards up the fairway whilst his ball only goes about 20 yards. Third hole he tells me he was embarrassed so he is going to melt his next drive. He swings as hard as he can and tops the ball right in to the turf however he thinks he has smashed it down the fairway and is looking for it only to realise it was stuck in the ground when he went to pick his tee up. Hilarious i could not stop laughing!

Back