Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try doing yardwork with the rain! We took some time off to get things done but today has been all inside!

This is supposed to move out of here around 3:00 they say MO, not sure about 45 miles away from here.

So Smallie and MO when is your nice time of the year?

They are in Missouri. There is one day of Spring and one day of Fall between feet of snow and sweltering heat. The exact day varies, but it is always a weekday, and never a holiday.

They are in Missouri. There is one day of Spring and one day of Fall between feet of snow and sweltering heat. The exact day varies, but it is always a weekday, and never a holiday.

LMAO Harry! This thread is making me appreciate the warm Florida weather. I used to always complain it was too hot, but now I am embracing the warmth and even enjoying it.

It's not quite as bad as all that, Harry, but you're not far off!

Dragging this one back up........

So tonight is supposed to be league night, it's freaking pouring right now. Last week we went ahead and played in a thunderstorm, I don't feel like tempting fate again this week.:at-wits-end: Hopefully this will move out of here in the next couple of hours.

Ditto. This is the sixth week of my league and our fourth rainout.

Raining again! Arg. I can't get a lesson schedules around the rain to save my life.

I was going to do the super twilight walk tonight for $6.75. But, there is lightening in the area. Might be a good time to stay home. It's a catch 22 for us here in Vegas. If want to do something out of doors with thunder storms in the area, we will have flash flooding. If we stay inside, the storms go around us. Last evening it was pretty windy, but played anyway. Always tomorrow evening. :at-wits-end:

Ditto. This is the sixth week of my league and our fourth rainout.

We played in a thunderstorm again last night, complete with lightning and torrential downpours. It really opened up on us between the tee box on 2 and the green, there was water standing on the green when we got to it. This is the 3rd week out of 5 that we have played through the rain, it's getting old.

Harry is pretty much dead on with our weather and it changes by the minute. Last night it quit raining by the 5th hole and was a beautiful night, I ended up playing the back nine alone and didn't see another soul on the course. It was perfect.

The golf course itself shut down, so I didn't have that option. Tuesday is maintenance day--only nine holes are open anyway, so I think they're faster to call a rain day.

The golf course itself shut down, so I didn't have that option. Tuesday is maintenance day--only nine holes are open anyway, so I think they're faster to call a rain day.

It's really not a good option to have, I was hoping the course would shut down so I didn't have to drive out there.

It rained off and on again today. I haven't got half of what I wanted to get done this week.

Perfect day to golf here in the 907. It's 65* outside and partly cloudy. I'm off to practice hard for the Pub Links Qualifier that's coming up on Thursday.

293ahvt.jpg

it was as hot and humid as H-E-Double Hockey Sticks today. good god it isnt even fun when its this freaking hot out. and this is just the beginning of another brutally hot summer. its the humidity that really sucks though. you walk outside and the deodorant under your arm melts, lol

Heck, I'm just thrilled that it isn't raining. After the spring we've had, I refuse to complain about hot.

113° Heat Index! Wow, Gummi!

Tucson is golf heaven when it comes to weather. We are gonna hover around 100 for the weekend but the humidity is around 10%, so you can walk the course and not feel like a dishrag at the end of it. I'm playing the next 3 days. I'll walk all three!!!

It's getting ready to rain here again - almost every day for the month of June. If this keeps up, I may have to buy a rain suit and start playing in the rain. I hate playing in the rain though - my hands are wet, the clubs get wet and I have to deal with the umbrella.

I agree Diane. I also hate playing in the rain. Love my new Nike Rain jacket though.

Rain sucks. Playing in it sucks even more. Here in the NE we've had more rain this month than Seattle.

What say you about that Al Gore?

Rain sucks. Playing in it sucks even more. Here in the NE we've had more rain this month than Seattle.

What say you about that Al Gore?

Al Gore: "Climate change is a b*tch?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back