Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the sun was kickin a** and taking names today here...it was GORGEOUS! about 74º and sunny sunny sunny

the sun was kickin a** and taking names today here...it was GORGEOUS! about 74º and sunny sunny sunny

I hate you. It was 21 degrees when I woke up this morning.

We finished our 18 holes this morning, but then the rain came in. Thank goodness too, we have not had it in months.

Going to practice after work. Today the temperature was 76 here.

We finished our 18 holes this morning, but then the rain came in. Thank goodness too, we have not had it in months.

Rainy here today too...weather sucks today.

surprisingly, it's actually raining here too, which is melting all the snow away. Check this out. Just took this 5 minutes ago. Here is outside, the snow basically just started melting last week. I think I may go chip on that little grass spot :D Look how dirty that is.

20jqw41.jpg

Rainy here today too...weather sucks today.

Ge'ez Flop, you really are a fair weather golfer huh? I play in rain, 40 degree wether, any of that. Sun is just a bonus for me.

So what is your absolute cut off in weather? Do you basically play if it's open regardless, or do you have a specific temp that you say, nope, too damn cold for me?

The reason I ask is this weekend I'm geared up for a 4 round golf outing in Omaha, problem is....the weather forecast has turned on us :at-wits-end: Thursday (day 1) is going to be nice, but then the front comes and we're looking at low 40's with wind and chances of rain. I have rain gear so that's covered, also have plenty of cold weather gear so I think I'll be good to go, but seriously, are we idiots for even thinking of playing if the forecast holds true?

We had a thread on this somewhere P4B. I think it was called how cold is too cold.

An average day in Downtown Miami:

miami-skyline.jpg

Thats what it looks like here, I don't live in downtown miami or miami for that matter, but it looks that way most of the time. I hope it looks like that over the weekend so I can try out the Nickent 3DX pro irons I'm getting on Friday.

So what is your absolute cut off in weather? Do you basically play if it's open regardless, or do you have a specific temp that you say, nope, too damn cold for me?

The reason I ask is this weekend I'm geared up for a 4 round golf outing in Omaha, problem is....the weather forecast has turned on us :at-wits-end: Thursday (day 1) is going to be nice, but then the front comes and we're looking at low 40's with wind and chances of rain. I have rain gear so that's covered, also have plenty of cold weather gear so I think I'll be good to go, but seriously, are we idiots for even thinking of playing if the forecast holds true?

For me, the gear isn't the issue; my hands are. Cold + wet = chapped, raw hands. I can't grip the club well, so there's no point.

An average day in Downtown Miami:

miami-skyline.jpg

Thats what it looks like here, I don't live in downtown miami or miami for that matter, but it looks that way most of the time. I hope it looks like that over the weekend so I can try out the Nickent 3DX pro irons I'm getting on Friday.

is it as windy down there as it is here today DRJ? the wind is HOWLING here!

Yeah man it is pretty windy, I was outside doing some fishing and if its hard to cast, its gonna be hard to golf lol. Where is all this wind coming from anyways?

It was about 85 out on the course today, I got too much sun.

It was about 85 out on the course today, I got too much sun.

Gasman, if I didn't love you, I'd hate you. 45 degrees and raining here.

I think that if you live in a part of the US/World that doesn't experience seasons changes(you can golf year round), you should not be able to complain your weather!:D
I was looking forward to getting out this week to try my new 3 wood but the Lord had other plans. He decided to give us some much needed snow.

I'm just glad He only gave us a couple of inches instead of the possibility of nine! And ours is all gone already.

Me too!
I think by the end of the day tomorrow it should all be gone. Maybe I can go to the range after I leave the gym.:angel:

I think that if you live in a part of the US/World that doesn't experience seasons changes(you can golf year round), you should not be able to complain your weather!:D
I was looking forward to getting out this week to try my new 3 wood but the Lord had other plans. He decided to give us some much needed snow.

I'm with CG here. If you can plan golf all year then you cannot complain about any weather, not matter what it is. :D

The weather here in the beautiful Outer Banks of NC is cold and windy. Hoping for better weather later this week. It's always a crapshoot this time of year.

Looks like the weather here in Wisconsin is finally going to break and temps in the 50s are here to stay.
Im really glad we didnt get that snow they forecasted last Sunday. I like snow, just not in April.

looks like it will be an awesome day for golf tomorrow. mid 70's and sunny. just like today

Today was a GREAT day for golfing, but I didn't go. It was maybe high 60s today with a light cool breeze. Just a lick of wind. Not a cloud in the sky. I did some fishing instead.

Today was a GREAT day for golfing, but I didn't go. It was maybe high 60s today with a light cool breeze. Just a lick of wind. Not a cloud in the sky. I did some fishing instead.

u on spring break or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back