GHIN revision day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fantastic JT! Those caddy offers are really going to roll in now. Add me to the prospective caddy list!

Haha. Thanks man. I'm going to have to come up with some sort kind of Shortlist.

12.9>12.3 here, getting more consistent. Hope to sneak into the 11's before end of year.

thanks guys. I can already see a message from JB saying "If you move south think of how much lower your hdcp will be"

Worked for me! Last October 27. This October 20.2 ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9.4 with only one recorded round of an 84 at Pipestone in the last month.

Haha. Thanks man. I'm going to have to come up with some sort kind of Shortlist.

JT, when you can sustain a +4 to +6 for a few months of golf while playing on various courses give me a call.
Don't get discouraged though, you definitely have the potential. Keep putting the quality practice time in. I believe that I remember hearing Ian Poulter say that after he had kept a +6 for a while when he decided to give the European Tour a go.

Last edited:
JT, when can sustain a +4 to +6 for a few months of golf while playing on various courses give me a call.
Don't get discouraged though, you definitely have the potential. Keep putting the quality practice time in. I believe that I remember hearing Ian Poulter say that after he had kept a +6 for a while when he decided to give the European Tour a go.

I think the story behind Poulter was that he was a 10 Handicap and he forged a PGA Teaching Pro membership to become a registered Pro and then he went to Euro Q-School and the rest is history. My goal is to be able to keep and sustain a +2 or +3 before I even think about going Pro and trying out Mini-Tours. I gotta think short-term with college golf too.

I think the story behind Poulter was that he was a 10 Handicap and he forged a PGA Teaching Pro membership to become a registered Pro and then he went to Euro Q-School and the rest is history. My goal is to be able to keep and sustain a +2 or +3 before I even think about going Pro and trying out Mini-Tours. I gotta think short-term with college golf too.

I like your goal, and I agree with the short term thinking approach for now. The competitive environment of college golf, especially in Georgia, is a great environment to hone your skills both physically and mentally. I didn't take advantage enough of my experiences in college golf, primarily because I didn't have any good mentors that pushed me in the correct way and held me accountable to practice correctly and regularly. Keep working! You may not see the handicap drop quickly until you learn how to get it in the hole from many different situations.

I like your goal, and I agree with the short term thinking approach for now. The competitive environment of college golf, especially in Georgia, is a great environment to hone your skills both physically and mentally. I didn't take advantage enough of my experiences in college golf, primarily because I didn't have any good mentors that pushed me in the correct way and held me accountable to practice correctly and regularly. Keep working! You may not see the handicap drop quickly until you learn how to get it in the hole from many different situations.

College Golf in Georgia is almost impossible to navigate and I'm almost sick of it. It's all about reputation and where you come from. I outplay some of the kids on the Kennesaw State golf team, but I'm still not being chosen for weekend play. Why? Because the guys that are were give scholarships and have been playing golf longer then I have (thus more of a resume). That's why me and my personal coach are considering offers from schools up north. I'm looking for a scholarship though and once someone offers one, I'll probably go there. Those coaches are just looking for straight up talent. Nothing else.

I'm good about keeping myself accountable for practicing and stuff like that. My personal coach is a great guy and he used to play on the Nationwide Tour, so he's a great mentor because he knows what it takes to be successful because he noticed what separated him and the guys making a living doing. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it to the big show.

College Golf in Georgia is almost impossible to navigate and I'm almost sick of it. It's all about reputation and where you come from. I outplay some of the kids on the Kennesaw State golf team, but I'm still not being chosen for weekend play. Why? Because the guys that are were give scholarships and have been playing golf longer then I have (thus more of a resume). That's why me and my personal coach are considering offers from schools up north. I'm looking for a scholarship though and once someone offers one, I'll probably go there. Those coaches are just looking for straight up talent. Nothing else.

I'm good about keeping myself accountable for practicing and stuff like that. My personal coach is a great guy and he used to play on the Nationwide Tour, so he's a great mentor because he knows what it takes to be successful because he noticed what separated him and the guys making a living doing. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it to the big show.

Try the Midwest dude.

Come try to play on Clemson's golf team.

I'm looking for a scholarship though and once someone offers one, I'll probably go there. Those coaches are just looking for straight up talent. Nothing else.

You might check out Young Harris College in north Georgia. They play some good competition, their in a Division where you could get some individual recognition with good performance, and they have a player I know named Clark Melton that is currently a freshman that I believe is much like you and has similar goals. They're losing 6 seniors next spring from a roster of 13. Also, Young Harris is just far enough away but not too far. Moving your stuff across the country isn't as glamorous as some may tell you.

Still at 2.3!

Of course, not playing for nearly 3 months tends to keep one's handicap stable...

Went from 16.2 to 14.9. Got caught up on some scores I hadn't entered in a while and I was seeing better scores. Happy it is getting better.

Moved down to 13.7. I've been slowly creeping down each month since Nov last year. I hope that trend continues.

Try the Midwest dude.
I'm pondering this. I contacted Nebraska and they got back to me, but I don't think they'll give me a scholarship

Come try to play on Clemson's golf team.
In my dreams...

You might check out Young Harris College in north Georgia. They play some good competition, their in a Division where you could get some individual recognition with good performance, and they have a player I know named Clark Melton that is currently a freshman that I believe is much like you and has similar goals. They're losing 6 seniors next spring from a roster of 13. Also, Young Harris is just far enough away but not too far. Moving your stuff across the country isn't as glamorous as some may tell you.
I have thought about Young Harris, but have not contacted them. My parents are all about academics and the idea of me transferring to a smaller school then Kennesaw just for golf would probably not appeal to them. If I have to haul all my stuff North in order to play golf, I don't care how glamorous it is, I'll do it.

Finished the year at scratch - +0.2. Now I have to figure a way to stay sharp through the winter here in Colorado... :what:

Finished the year at scratch - +0.2. Now I have to figure a way to stay sharp through the winter here in Colorado... :what:

Nice, better find some indoor ranges!

So, my scores got worse since the last revision, but my Handicap still dropped. Wat.

Only one round posted......8.9 to 8.7.

Dropped back to 13.8. I've got to learn to putt on these new fast greens before I drop much more.

Dropped from 9.1 to 8.8. First time I have ever been under 9!

I went up from 8.7 to 9.3.

Great going War!
I'm with you on the greens Kellybo

Dropped back to 13.8. I've got to learn to putt on these new fast greens before I drop much more.

You'll get it figured out soon enough, Kelly :)

Dropped from 9.1 to 8.8. First time I have ever been under 9!

Nice work, War Eagle!

Our reporting season is over, so no scores posted and no change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back