Introducing Swingbyte

Got the replacement SB. Good Service. Now just need th long awaited Targetline software fix.

love how the android symbol on the box now holds a golf club!

Hey - sorry for the issues. Shoot support a note. It's either a calibration issue, which you can force through the settings menu, or just needs replacing. If that's the case, we'll just send you a new one for free.

You do need to make contact with something, which could also be the issue. That said, it doesn't need to be a ball, it can be the floor, or a tee.

I've promised data comparing swingbyte and trackman for months now and I keep trying to get around to it...
My latest issue is that Swingbyte app crashes on both the iPad2 and my iPhone4. Any thoughts as to why this is? I've updated the app and the ios is the latest version on both...
Thanks!
Ash

Updated app in android today. Was hoping for the targetline fix but alas no.

Hope it updated in apple as well and fixed your issues Sangoram.

Remember some of the trackman data is calculated rather than measured.

Remember some of the trackman data is calculated rather than measured.

There is no problem in something being calculated if the algorithm/model is okay. EVERYTHING you see from SwingByte is calculated. The SwingByte is only measuring acceleration in X,Y,Z at a point (under the grip, away from the shaft) that isn't even shown in the graphs. Everything else is calculated from there.
Here however the problem is with the model/assumptions they are using. Getting this right it very difficult. I think one cause of problems could be that the shaft actually kicks forward shortly before impact (the COG of the clubhead tries to align with the shaft). That is something which the SwingByte probably can't measure. This could already be the cause for unreliable data at impact. Another problem is that the SwingByte cannot measure (I guess) when the moment of highest compression is (the moment that really matters and which Trackman/Flightscope use). If SwingByte defines the 'impact' at a different time face angle etc will be off (and not relevant).

I've promised data comparing swingbyte and trackman for months now and I keep trying to get around to it...
My latest issue is that Swingbyte app crashes on both the iPad2 and my iPhone4. Any thoughts as to why this is? I've updated the app and the ios is the latest version on both...
Thanks!
Ash

Ash - shoot support a note, they'll be able to help you out.

There is no problem in something being calculated if the algorithm/model is okay. EVERYTHING you see from SwingByte is calculated. The SwingByte is only measuring acceleration in X,Y,Z at a point (under the grip, away from the shaft) that isn't even shown in the graphs. Everything else is calculated from there.
Here however the problem is with the model/assumptions they are using. Getting this right it very difficult. I think one cause of problems could be that the shaft actually kicks forward shortly before impact (the COG of the clubhead tries to align with the shaft). That is something which the SwingByte probably can't measure. This could already be the cause for unreliable data at impact. Another problem is that the SwingByte cannot measure (I guess) when the moment of highest compression is (the moment that really matters and which Trackman/Flightscope use). If SwingByte defines the 'impact' at a different time face angle etc will be off (and not relevant).

Hey ParHunter - Swingbyte actual does account for club flex. We've got a pretty sophisticated model that uses the shaft stiffness you supply in club selection to model how the club deforms through the entire swing. Interestingly enough, flex can account for as much as 4-5mph on a driver swing. As far as impact - you're right, we don't measure the point of highest compression. We look for the first point of contact, which can generate some differences between our numbers and others. I don't think that makes the numbers irrelevant - they are still consistent numbers, and typically within a degree or so of what happens that millisecond later.

In contact with dealers to get this. Should I? I imagine I'll use it mostly on tournaments when Flightscope/multiple camera angles aren't available to me. But I'm not gonna spend 150 bucks on a problematic software/troublesome hardware. Thoughts?

In contact with dealers to get this. Should I? I imagine I'll use it mostly on tournaments when Flightscope/multiple camera angles aren't available to me. But I'm not gonna spend 150 bucks on a problematic software/troublesome hardware. Thoughts?

Jury is still out. They need to change software so yon can reset the device to think it is attached at 3 o'clock(ie fix targetline). Then all the data will be comparable and can be tested to see how accurate/consistent it is.

with your access to Flightscope (I presume X2) it would be good to get your opinion. l have Gc2 (no HMT) so have to do some calculating to test accuracy. I was hoping to save myself $6500 by using SB rather than Gc2 HMT.

Ash - shoot support a note, they'll be able to help you out.

Ok... done. Awaiting response as there is still no launching of the app possible for me right now.
Thanks.

Found this and posted it on DOD

Swingbyte Trainer $116.96 with the Mfg's instant discount and the 10% discount at checkout, be sure to enter JINGLEBELLS. http://www.budgetgolf.com/Swingbyte-Trainer.html

swingbyte.jpg

aaaarrrrgggghhhhh.......I'm gomma check the threads soon to see when the targetline fix was first promised. Christmas is coming.

so Christmas has come and gone with no targetline fix.

perhaps there guys will get it right..........

Last edited by a moderator:
CPA: Obviously you aren't happy with this. Why don't you just send it back, get your money back and let it go? Almost every post you make is complaining, so why not give up on it?

CPA: Obviously you aren't happy with this. Why don't you just send it back, get your money back and let it go? Almost every post you make is complaining, so why not give up on it?

Sorry about posting a link- used to other forums where it is allowed.

I want this company and device to work. There has been nothing like it on the market and I think it will be great for all golfers. Kolosy was great for information but has disappeared lately given the delay in software fix. They are still telling dealers of is on the way.

CPA,

We appreciate support for Swingbyte, and I assure you my disappearance of late has had more to do with the fast-approaching PGA show than any deadlines. I can tell you we've got some really cool things coming online at the show, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks,
Alex.

Kolosy see you are online, how do we get the news first?

Kolosy see you are online, how do we get the news first?

THP will always have news from Swingbyte and its featured throughout the forum. Just as the news was released this morning and was immediately put up.

THP will always have news from Swingbyte and its featured throughout the forum. Just as the news was released this morning and was immediately put up.
I can't wait to see the progress and updates to the Swingbyte, it's atop my ponder list for sure!

This is probably a dumb question and probably already asked but did I see some product that was basically an affordable "personal" use trackman for sale. If so, does anyone know what its called?

This is probably a dumb question and probably already asked but did I see some product that was basically an affordable "personal" use trackman for sale. If so, does anyone know what its called?
I would say the Swingbyte fits into that category.

Trackman is a launch monitor and measures ball flight. SB does not and will never claim to do this.

Interesting the partnership with Flightscope Alex.....can you tell us the theory behind it and what is being developed with them?

Trackman is a launch monitor and measures ball flight. SB does not and will never claim to do this.

Interesting the partnership with Flightscope Alex.....can you tell us the theory behind it and what is being developed with them?

Thanks! The idea is that FlightScope knows everything about the ballflight, and we know everything about the club. We're combining that information in a single app with them to give a whole view of what's happening. We'll have a (very) limited demo at the PGA show, with expansion to follow.

Cool thing is there aren't any new hardware requirements for SB users (or FS users, for that matter). Your current Swingbyte will just work with this once it's rolled out to FlightScope users.

Wow, looks like with the new partnerships there will be a ton of new features to see at the PGA show.

Alex, I hope the targetline fix for SB is not reliant upon the flightscope data!

not going to buy X2 have a Gc2!

Back