What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot my best round ever today at RTJ Magnolia Grove 40/37 for a 77. My putting was fairly poor but I was pounding greens in reg and that helped out immensely. My driver and iron play was awesome and definitely kept my score low. I bogeyed the final two holes coming in and that was pretty disappointing, but I was still very happy overall with my round. I'm hoping to get a lot of rounds in over the holidays and keep working towards an even par round!!!

Congrats on the PB.
Is that a course you play often?

Congrats on the PB.
Is that a course you play often?

Thanks. I probably play Magnolia once a month or so. When the course is in good shape it's a great place to play for sure. I am a member at Spring Hill golf course (Mobile, Al) so that's where I mostly play at.

Great day for golf here, short sleeves, pretty wet but not too bad overall. I felt pretty good today, struck it good, putted poorly, I changed wedge setups to 50, 54, 58 and that helped. Still waiting on the Scor wedges to arrive.

Back to the knee doc tomorrow, probably will throw things out of whack again, hope not, finally hitting it decent again.

83 (42, 41)
It was a great day, good round buddy. Let us know how it goes with the doctor. I posted a 40/37=77 on my home course so I expect to shoot about an 84 tomorrow in the weekly blitz. Then firday on Bill & Kelly's course I will probably shoot 94, those greens are killer. I sympathize with cookie in that respect, my home course has large relatively flat greens, their course the greens are anything but flat.

Great job DZ10. Love hearing about personal bests. I know how that feels. I did the same earlier this week and was excited all night.
I shot my best round ever today at RTJ Magnolia Grove 40/37 for a 77. My putting was fairly poor but I was pounding greens in reg and that helped out immensely. My driver and iron play was awesome and definitely kept my score low. I bogeyed the final two holes coming in and that was pretty disappointing, but I was still very happy overall with my round. I'm hoping to get a lot of rounds in over the holidays and keep working towards an even par round!!!

Congrats on the new PB DZ, I haven't played Magnolia Grove, need to get that one checked off of my list soon.

Great job DZ10. Love hearing about personal bests. I know how that feels. I did the same earlier this week and was excited all night.

Congrats to you as well!! It is a great feeling for sure. I felt very in control of my game and if I can continue to have a high level of confidence more good things are to come.

Congrats on the new PB DZ, I haven't played Magnolia Grove, need to get that one checked off of my list soon.

Thanks. Magnolia is a great course. It has great scenery. My buddy and I were commenting on several holes how awesome the lay-out is. It's a great mix of water and sand for hazards, but also very score able.

Congrats to DZ10 on that PB. Way to go!

Agree with this. Weather today in Georgia was perfect.

I shot a modest +2 74. I hit the ball really well on the front and had 7 straightforward birdie opportunities and missed every single one of them. It was depressing that every single one just slid by the hole. I paid the price on the Back 9 too. I lost my swing for a 5 hole period and made 3 bogeys in the process. Luckily, I finally made a good birdie on the last to finish on a high. Otherwise, I definitely need to work on some of my 10-15 foot putting.

Good round, funny how it always comes down to putting whether it is a good round or a bad round.

Nice round there Lefty. Hope the knee doc comes at you with some good news.

Thanks, yep, hope he doesn't inject anything tomorrow because it messes up the game.

It was a great day, good round buddy. Let us know how it goes with the doctor. I posted a 40/37=77 on my home course so I expect to shoot about an 84 tomorrow in the weekly blitz. Then firday on Bill & Kelly's course I will probably shoot 94, those greens are killer. I sympathize with cookie in that respect, my home course has large relatively flat greens, their course the greens are anything but flat.

Good round DD. Man! I wish Monroe was a couple of hours closer, I would invite myself to join but gotta be an hour in the other direction Friday evening.

All these scores are awesome! Makes me embarrassed to post my score of 106, 49/57, at Dub's Dread in Kansas City. Never played the course before and just went up as a walk on. Got paired up with three guys who had played many times so they were able to provide some help in routing and such as we worked our way around. Had 3 1 putts on the front, and if it wasn't for a really bad hole on 6, could shot much better. The +4 8 on that hole kind of hurt. Parred 9 with driver, 6 iron to 10 feet and the birdie putt slid to the right by about 3 inches. Turned around and blocked my tee shot on 10 into the driving range, and that was the beginning of the end. But, for the first time ever playing, I won't complain.

All these scores are awesome! Makes me embarrassed to post my score of 106, 49/57, at Dub's Dread in Kansas City. Never played the course before and just went up as a walk on. Got paired up with three guys who had played many times so they were able to provide some help in routing and such as we worked our way around. Had 3 1 putts on the front, and if it wasn't for a really bad hole on 6, could shot much better. The +4 8 on that hole kind of hurt. Parred 9 with driver, 6 iron to 10 feet and the birdie putt slid to the right by about 3 inches. Turned around and blocked my tee shot on 10 into the driving range, and that was the beginning of the end. But, for the first time ever playing, I won't complain.

Sounds like you had some good shots. As long as you had a good time that rocks. No shame in any score here.

I shot a 43/44 87. I struggled a bit more than recently with the driver today, and my putting was crap. The plus side was my ball striking, I really didn't hit any fat or thin shots all day. Just about every iron swing was well struck, the draw just wasn't quite consistent enough.

I played with DZ today and enjoyed his great round. I on the other hand shot a very poor 87. Only managed 6 pars and and just could never get comfortable. Good thing is poor rounds a few months ago were in the 90's so luckily my bad today isn't as bad as it used to be.

posted 103 today 52/51, no pars from the front 9, then 3-consecutive pars to start the back 9, only to get interrupted by the following two holes of 7 on a par 4 hc1 and then totally blew the next par 5 w/an embarrassing 10 :( ... days like this is one of the reason i keep coming back for another round, hopefully will do better this friday....

Last month I shot my lowest score (83 - par 68) for over 10 years and my first birdie for several years.
Today I have bettered that! Made one birdie and shot an 81.
Used to play off 11 or 12 (at a different, trickier course), been out of the game for ages on and off, last 10 years or so played off 18 and never scored more than about 22-25 points.
New irons, new wedge, new driver, lots of practice and I am moving in the right direction, OK so the course is not long but it is quite tight and conditions were not great (bit of wind and soaked course).
Took the driver (RAZR Fit) onto a course for the first time ever, my old driver was good for about 200 yards or so, first drive today found a ditch at 260 yards! I was shocked!
The birdie was down to an 8 iron from 148 that left me a two foot putt which went in the middle of the hole.
Only had one 3 putt which is rare for me, ,putting normally costs me bad as does my short game. I have been working on chip and runs a bit recently and the only two I had today went much better than I am used to! In fact I got up and down once which really made my day. I also holed a putt from off a green,about 15 foot.

I am really buzzing as I have seen such an improvement since I have had these new clubs. Extra distance and more control. OK course was very wet but I was amazed at how quickly the lob wedge stopped, it was a hop and a stop! The real difference though is that, in the last few years, most bad shots were topped or hit so heavy they scarcely moved, my bad shots now are slights pushes or pulls, so they end up pin high but wide. I hit 3 out of 4 par 3s in reg, again an area I suffer from. Just need to get the putts down a bit, I had about 33 today including 3 long ones that dropped. I am happy to two putt most of the time but I had a few today I could have holed. What was pleasing though was that I rushed two about 6 foot past the hole but I holed the return putts.

All in all I am hoping I can take this forward next year and go under 80 on that course, and then I will upgrade tthe courses I play and work on that. In fact I may get out the week after Christmas if the weather is kind and play the course where I used to be a member!

I got out early while frost was still on the grass but not the greens. Again, I struck the ball pretty well and again had problems making putts. Tricky pins with subtle breaks near the cup gave me fits, six putts lipped out in the 4-6 foot range and only one hit lip and stayed in. 82 (42, 40)

I got out early while frost was still on the grass but not the greens. Again, I struck the ball pretty well and again had problems making putts. Tricky pins with subtle breaks near the cup gave me fits, six putts lipped out in the 4-6 foot range and only one hit lip and stayed in. 82 (42, 40)

A few lipouts from 70s Lefty, not too shabby at all!

94... Battling to break 90. I did have my 9 yr old out today for his 1st round, so less worried about my score and more excited about his 1st experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Next week, I start a series of three injections, hoping for good results.

A few lipouts from 70s Lefty, not too shabby at all!

It became comical, the other guys were amazed that time after time it would look like the ball was going in, only to sling out of the cup to the left or right.

Finally broke 90 at my new course. Shot 86 (41, 45) with 13 putts on the front and 19 on the back. The short game is improving. Today's the first day that I felt my game was coming back around. Still having enough bad shots to ruin a good round but I know what I'm doing wrong and will keep working at the range until I get it worked out. Never thought I would be so happy about breaking 90. Used to be happy about breaking 80.

Way to go kelly!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Finally broke 90 at my new course. Shot 86 (41, 45) with 13 putts on the front and 19 on the back. The short game is improving. Today's the first day that I felt my game was coming back around. Still having enough bad shots to ruin a good round but I know what I'm doing wrong and will keep working at the range until I get it worked out. Never thought I would be so happy about breaking 90. Used to be happy about breaking 80.

Way to go, looks like your determination and hard work are starting to pay off. Keep it up, by late spring you will be back.

Nice going Don, I only wish I had shot as well. I pretty much called it yesterday but I shot even worse than I guessed. 87, played the last 5 holes 8 over. When it went away it just totally went away. Missed 2 six foot birdie putts among all of the other putts missed, used 34 total on the day with only 1 three putt.

Congrats, my first lady thp+buddy

Congrats, my first lady thp+buddy

Oh, I forgot... I took your first lesson off the post and gave myself a lesson and hit some range ball. I will pm you about a swing finding.

It's odd that I am reading to see other people's score and feel the joy and pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back