Wildlife Seen on the Golf Course

Wow, great picks. These things are digging up the greens on my home course. Stupid things are pests!

Wow, great picks. These things are digging up the greens on my home course. Stupid things are pests!

It's funny because another course out in the country actually uses coyote decoys to keep the geese away. Should just send this guy over there to do some work.

It's funny because another course out in the country actually uses coyote decoys to keep the geese away. Should just send this guy over there to do some work.

The decoy is a great idea, nothing worst than geese goo all over a green.

Those damn things root in the ground too. A couple years back they had big holes all over a couple greens. There were actually hunters in a field just adjacent to one of the holes the last time I was out there and I think they popped a couple. Golf course geese get smart fast though. They don't seem to mind the fake coyotes any more.

Wasn't thinking to photograph it, but at the night course I played a couple days ago there was a fox roaming around on the course. He probably walked 8ft up to me before getting skittish and running away. I thought it was a dog for a couple minutes till I couldn't remember a time I ever saw an orange dog.

Foxes sure are pretty up close.

Crandon GC
Miami, FL

Hit my tee shot 10yrds from this guy

uploadfromtaptalk1356022467975.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ugh. Nasty looking things.

Ugh. Nasty looking things.

Thay really are dude, nasty and dangerous. I hate them, they've been eating pets here lately.

Every time I see this thread I think of this lady from my club. Wish I had a picture to post, uuugh.

Foxes sure are pretty up close.

He was pretty, but then I couldn't remember if they're aggressive or not. Figured I might as well leave him alone and he'll do the same.

That's a pretty good sized gator. At least 8+

Man I forgot to post this the other day. Coyotes aren't really rare or anything, but this is a city course 6 blocks from my house. Seen plenty of deer, but this was a first.

nany8yja.jpg

epu8ugad.jpg

Posted via tapatalk.

That's awesome dude, Pretty animals if they're healthy.

That's awesome dude, Pretty animals if they're healthy.

He seemed pretty chipper. You can kind of see it in the first picture, but his back end had a bunch more fur or something on it. Looked like he was wearing a coonskin hat on his butt.

Thay really are dude, nasty and dangerous. I hate them, they've been eating pets here lately.

I was 10yrds away, maybe less, couldve had me for lunch if he wanted to

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

There are truckloads of kangaroos at my nearest course. I'll add a photo once I'm able to. The females are docile but the males can be somewhat intimidating in mating season if you get too close to their harem

Ive seen bear deer coyote panthers eagles hawks chickens rattle snake cotton mouth gators turkeys mongoose pig all kinds of small birds

when im supposed to be working im on here with Tapatalk

One of my first rounds of this past season a small buck just with 2 points was on the 16th hole I think it was near the green and I walked right up to it and snapped some pictures on my blackberry and it never moved and just stared at me. I then got kind of nervours by that and made my way on to the next hole....hahaha I thought it was going to attack...I am not a hunter and do not know the nature of deer so I was not taking a chance! It seemed pretty cool and calm though!

Here we go. If you look closely you can see the legs of a lazy joey who's way too big to still be carried by mum sticking out of her pouch. She didn't look too impressed when the joey dived back in there when I got a bit too close for its liking. Mum didn't care though, they're very used to people:

Edit - how do I get images to display as an image rather than an attachment? I didn't use the "insert inline" function

Attachments

• roo.jpg
    roo.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 0
Being in SW Missouri I regularly see the usual...a deer here and there, a bobcat, some rabbits...the squirels are plentiful and not the least bit scared of people on the course...but my usual course is loaded with geese...hundreds of them every day...and they act like they're not too impressed with anybodys swing....standoffish little turds...

I got a baby goose in big trouble last spring...an adult goose was walking across the fairway with 6 babies in tow and another adult bringing up the rear..I made a clicking sound with my mouth and said "Here goosey goosey goosey"..the first baby in the line turned hard left and headed straight towards me, which caused the other babies to follow...the adult in the rear squaked, the momma in front turned around, grabbed the lead baby by the neck and whipped it 20 feet back in the direction she wanted it to go. Needless to say, the other 5 babies turned right around and got back in line without so much as a peep.

Here we go. If you look closely you can see the legs of a lazy joey who's way too big to still be carried by mum sticking out of her pouch. She didn't look too impressed when the joey dived back in there when I got a bit too close for its liking. Mum didn't care though, they're very used to people:

Edit - how do I get images to display as an image rather than an attachment? I didn't use the "insert inline" function

You need to upload them to a third party site like Photobucket and then place the picture's URL in the image.

Very cool picture!

Family of Golden Eagles nesting at my course. Here's a pic I took a couple weeks ago. Check out the talons!

eagle1.jpg

Back