I have been on the fence about these but I think I am gaoing to have to go ahead and jump in and buy myself a pair of the flak jackets with the G 30 lenses

Nice :thumbup: You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Sunglasses

Sunglasses

I have a pair of sunglasses Oakley Twenties that have had for years but they are beat up and the lenses have many scratches. So i hate to use them on the course because i feel they are messing with what I am seeing out there.

I was wondering do you have a pair of sunglasses that you use only for golf, if so what brand? Are their some brands that are specifically designed for golfers in mind?

Thanks

Sent from my stock TF101

I use my prescription sunglasses for golf.

I use Smith Toaster glasses. They have a ton of lenses you can change out, I like to use the yellow or the green for golf. They are really comfortable and use them for everything far better than my Ray-ban's.

My wife and I both wear tifosi's and like them. Lots of if fervent styles and most have interchangeable lenses.

Hmm didn't think of that. I assume you have a pair of non sunglasses to change into if the weather changes and the sun goes away. I wear contacts when i play so usually just have the sunglasses to put on if I need.

Sent from my stock TF101

I have a pair of Bolle Parole sunglasses that have "eagle vision" golf specific lenses I can put in them....I use them as regular sunglasses too..I just change out the lenses.

I know alot of people use the Oakley G30 lenses for golf too.

that reminds me, I need to get some, I've been playing with my prescription glasses for a while, and before I was using non prescription sunglasses, no wonder I couldn't see

I have a pair of Bolle Parole sunglasses that have "eagle vision" golf specific lenses I can put in them....I use them as regular sunglasses too..I just change out the lenses.

I know alot of people use the Oakley G30 lenses for golf too.

I have Bolle also, except the Vigilante model, but also with the Eagle Vision lenses for golf. They are great. A good place to buy them or any pair of good sun glasses is below. I have used them twice and they are legit.

http://www.sunglassesgiant.com/bolgolvig.html

I've merged this thread with the Oakley sunglasses thread

I have spent large amounts such as $280 and above for everyday sunglasses but never could golf in a pair but if I were to, I would imagine I woud need a pair of nice tight fitting polarized Oakleys that had a built in nose piece! I still do not know how people play with them an it not affect them. Hey though if it works, that's all that matters!!

I love my oakley's! I now own 4 pairs and am planning on getting another pair. I would defiantly recommend flak jackets for golfing.

i wear the same $19.99 Riders sunglasses that i found at a motorcyle store...and now buy directly from their website. I usually buy like 3 pairs and they last for the year...

i would be too nervous to pay $150 for a pair of Oakleys (fear of losing it or breaking it)....maybe one day...

i wear the same $19.99 Riders sunglasses that i found at a motorcyle store...and now buy directly from their website. I usually buy like 3 pairs and they last for the year...

i would be too nervous to pay $150 for a pair of Oakleys (fear of losing it or breaking it)....maybe one day...

I thought the same thing, but I don't really think of it now. Had mine for 2 years now, one minor nick on a lens.

I've wanted to try the tifosi's because of the interchangabel lenses, but I ended up with a pair of sundogs. On sale ftw!

Wifey got me Tifosi,s form Christmas and they are cool. The shades darken as the light gets brighter and I guess they were not expensive at all.

Got these from the gf for Christmas:
Holbrook+Matte+Black.JPG

Custom matte black Oakley Holbrook's with grey polarized lenses and chrome finish Oakley symbol. Second pair of Oakley's, love them.

I need some new Oakleys, if only I knew somebody who could get me a discount :D

i got 3 pair of oakleys for work 1 pair for golf and two for everyday goin out use plus my costas for fishing those are a must have

Got these from the gf for Christmas:
Holbrook+Matte+Black.JPG

Custom matte black Oakley Holbrook's with grey polarized lenses and chrome finish Oakley symbol. Second pair of Oakley's, love them.

Got the Holbrooks this year as well they are great! Definitely stylish, ray-ban like but more modern. I would never wear them on the golf course though. No rubber grip on the nose area so they slide down slightly while wearing. I still have a pair of Pro M frames (David Duval's trademark) and eyejackets that I like to wear out on the course. Rubber on the nose and ear areas. Hold their grip and never move while swinging. As for lenses I do have the G30 in the M frame and it is great, keeps everything bright but relaxing to the eye. No squinting. Also, I think the ball kind of pops in the grass with the lens, makes it easier to find the ball in the rough.

Got the Holbrooks this year as well they are great! Definitely stylish, ray-ban like but more modern. I would never wear them on the golf course though. No rubber grip on the nose area so they slide down slightly while wearing. I still have a pair of Pro M frames (David Duval's trademark) and eyejackets that I like to wear out on the course. Rubber on the nose and ear areas. Hold their grip and never move while swinging. As for lenses I do have the G30 in the M frame and it is great, keeps everything bright but relaxing to the eye. No squinting. Also, I think the ball kind of pops in the grass with the lens, makes it easier to find the ball in the rough.

Agree. These are for casual wear. Have a pair of Crosshairs for the course. Not the sportiest looking glasses, but rubber ear pieces keep them in place nicely.

Back