99srxman

@srxman STAY LEFT!!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
24ish
Have been looking at the flack jackets like the looks but what makes them worth $150.00 + also every one seems to be going for the polorized lens to cut down on glare but how much glare do you encounter on the course other than off of the water hazards?? Is there a certain color lens i should be using to help follow the ball in sun/shade? Up till now i would'nt have paid more than $30.00 for glasses and have been happy with my choices but i like Oakleys styles and being able to change out lens and parts..Looking for your input.. Posted this in the sun glass thread but kept getting over looked sorry for the simalar thread ...

If you don't want to spend as much and like that style, I bought my Under Armour zones on eBay from an authorized dealer and paid $60 (theyre normally 100ish).

I use Tisofi for golfing and cycling. Many styles are around $60 msrp. Tons of style options.

Sent using Tapatalk

There are a few reason I really like mine.

They are extremely comfortable, especially around the ears/head.

They don't slip.

Crazy durable. I'm rough on glasses and I've had mine three years.

I like the way they look.

Very nice stock lense. Plus, you can choose from a big variety of lense types if you are in to switching them out.

Oakleys are THE ONLY sunglasses I wear. I love love love their style and their lenses are just the best in my opinion. I actually just returned a pair of fast jackets my wife bought me for a pair of flak jackets. $280 was a bit much for me but $150 is just about right.

I wore my all over the course this weekend. They are light, comfortable, do not slip and do not move while playing. If you are looking at wearing these only for golf then I suggest the G30 lens. It is not very dark, is polarized and is actually oakley's "golf specific" lens.

Oakleys are THE ONLY sunglasses I wear. I love love love their style and their lenses are just the best in my opinion. I actually just returned a pair of fast jackets my wife bought me for a pair of flak jackets. $280 was a bit much for me but $150 is just about right.

I wore my all over the course this weekend. They are light, comfortable, do not slip and do not move while playing. If you are looking at wearing these only for golf then I suggest the G30 lens. It is not very dark, is polarized and is actually oakley's "golf specific" lens.

I've wanted the G30 for so long.

I have the Flak Jacket XLJ's with the G30 lens and love them. Like hawk said, super comfortable, no slipping at all, and really durable. I love the G30 lens as I feel it helps me pick up the breaks in the green a bit more. Not too light but not too dark where you feel like you have to take them off to read putts or if you're in the shade. I found mine on amazon for $99 I think.

I'm not a fan of Oakley stuff in general but that's just me. While I think some of it is cool I think its dreadfully over priced. Whatever you end up with make sure it's polarized. I can't wear non-polarized stuff any more after having polarized lenses

Used to wear Oakleys but then smashed mine up snowboarding and switched to Vuarnets, the lenses are awesome and no movement at all during my swing

Here is the main reason I own Oakleys. They're called "Flack Jackets" because they are about the only sunglasses that are essentially safety glasses as well.

I have the Flak Jacket XLJ's with the G30 lens and love them. Like hawk said, super comfortable, no slipping at all, and really durable. I love the G30 lens as I feel it helps me pick up the breaks in the green a bit more. Not too light but not too dark where you feel like you have to take them off to read putts or if you're in the shade. I found mine on amazon for $99 I think.

I have the exact same setup and share your sentiments. The G30 lens may not be the darkest option, but I never find myself squinting during a round (and I live in the high desert, where the sun can get -really- bright). My lenses were ordered with a prescription, so they were a bit pricier than normal.

When trying a friend's 'regular' Flak Jacket lenses, I noticed that they don't quite go low enough on my face. I was getting a bit of a jarring transition between the tinted lens and a direct view of the ball during my swing. The XLJ completely covers my field of view.

This may sound a little crazy, but I have a pair of Oakley's, and they are only out of the case for golf. They are awesome, and I do not want to risk breaking them, or scratching the lenses with every day use.

This may sound a little crazy, but I have a pair of Oakley's, and they are only out of the case for golf. They are awesome, and I do not want to risk breaking them, or scratching the lenses with every day use.

mine are stored in the case and only come out for golf or softball. My regular sunglasses have a tendancy to get thrown on the front seat of my car and all too often end up on the floor or stuck between the seats haha.

mine are stored in the case and only come out for golf or softball. My regular sunglasses have a tendancy to get thrown on the front seat of my car and all too often end up on the floor or stuck between the seats haha.

We seem to be very similar in the treatment of both pairs of sunglasses. hahaha

I just picked these up today, I love them.
12d2652133dbd6fbf768367266602108b36ee00f.jpg

I was looking at the half jackets as a replacement. Did I read that they were in the $200's?

I was looking at the half jackets as a replacement. Did I read that they were in the $200's?

That's what I have buddy, and they weren't cheap. You can try them out in 5 weeks at The Morgan Cup if you would like.

if u are in ohio, look me up I can get 30% off if that helps

I'll check them out, yorkem. Mike - thanks for the offer! I'm just about due for a new pair. Not because mine are wearing out, but I'd like something other than white.

Because all the pro's wear them, duh.

But seriously, srx...they are good shades, as others here have stated. Good quality, durable, THEY DON'T SLIP (huge for golf shades), and the lenses are nice with plenty of options. The G30 is a great golf specific lense (imo), and they have a multitude of others options for you to pop a lense our and change a new one in based on the lighting conditions for that day.

Big fan of Oakleys on and off the course. Great fit, function, durability, style, etc. I have 7 pair (maybe 8) and they are all I wear except for the Adidas pair that I won in a THP prize pack.

Been pondering a pair of these with the G30 lens myself, I think this post might have sealed the deal.

I'll check them out, yorkem. Mike - thanks for the offer! I'm just about due for a new pair. Not because mine are wearing out, but I'd like something other than white.

well let me know, worse case I can have them shipped to you from here if amazon or elsewhere doesnt pan out

still rock my juliets that i paid $350 for ... love oakley customer service.. for 1 dollar i can send them back whenever i want and they get a tune up which includes replacing all the rubber and tightening frames when they get loose in the nose piece from being heated up too much from sitting in a car. a 50 bucks they will replace the lenses . last time i sent mine in to get a tune and lense replacement i got a brand new pair for that $50 bucks because the "frame was discolored"

Have been looking at the flack jackets like the looks but what makes them worth $150.00 + also every one seems to be going for the polorized lens to cut down on glare but how much glare do you encounter on the course other than off of the water hazards?? Is there a certain color lens i should be using to help follow the ball in sun/shade? Up till now i would'nt have paid more than $30.00 for glasses and have been happy with my choices but i like Oakleys styles and being able to change out lens and parts..Looking for your input.. Posted this in the sun glass thread but kept getting over looked sorry for the simalar thread ...

i work in optics and to be honest the polaroid lens in my opinion is the only way to go. it was originally thought to jst work well with the glare from the surface of water but i find that they work well for everything.they also reduce the tiredness in your eyes. they dont necessarily have to be very expensive but polaroid lenses are the best out there.

Back