NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
USA loses to Russia 2-1. The only Devils prospect in the tourney, Blake Pietila got hit from behind in the last 2 minutes and gingerly skated off. Terrific....ugh

I think they could have easily won that game too.. going to make things very difficult for them moving forward.

I think they could have easily won that game too.. going to make things very difficult for them moving forward.

Russia's goalie was the difference for sure.

I now turned this off and won't watch a game until the gold. The refs are so awful and the IIHF rules can be so pathetic. Clean hit boom your out of the game 5 minute major.. Should almost make it none contact for the European players..

I now turned this off and won't watch a game until the gold. The refs are so awful and the IIHF rules can be so pathetic. Clean hit boom your out of the game 5 minute major.. Should almost make it none contact for the European players..

They call a lot, but I'm not seeing clean hits get majors... You get your elbow up and make contact to the head, you're going to sit for a while.

I'm glad this tournament doesn't cater to a single style of play.

Take a look at the elbow it was on the arm then from gravity raised up with contact. But ya I can still see that in this tournament. But watch a reply on Canada's other player it was 100% clean and there was no call until the player was hurt. I've seen it way to many times.

and damn Gally on USA is unreal!!! Go habs!!

Take a look at the elbow it was on the arm then from gravity raised up with contact. But ya I can still see that in this tournament. But watch a reply on Canada's other player it was 100% clean and there was no call until the player was hurt. I've seen it way to many times.

I'll take the good with the bad.. At least it's hockey! Around these parts, this is the closest I'm going to get to quality hockey on TV.

Gravity raised it up? That's a new take on physics. Lipon's hit was d-i-r-t-y. Elbow to the head, head into the glass...he should get suspended and he will.

Glad they're not giving Camara a suspension, that hit was suh-weet (if unlucky for the Slovak).

Gravity raised it up? That's a new take on physics. Lipon's hit was d-i-r-t-y. Elbow to the head, head into the glass...he should get suspended and he will.

Glad they're not giving Camara a suspension, that hit was suh-weet (if unlucky for the Slovak).

Yeah dude, that was monstrous..

[video=youtube;-TIWWQ24wVg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TIWWQ24wVg[/video]

It is soooo nice watching hockey again. Man I've missed it. My bro and I started talking about the NHL and it just snowballed into an excited discussion about various players etc.

Galchenyuk is one helluva player.

I haven't been keeping up so I haven't seen that hit before, after watching it a couple times the Slovak should have kept his head up, the hit looked pretty clean, if his head wasn't down it would have looked a lot better and less dirty, but as the player making the hit you can't make someone keep their head up.

Heads_Up_Posters-2.jpg

I haven't been keeping up so I haven't seen that hit before, after watching it a couple times the Slovak should have kept his head up, the hit looked pretty clean, if his head wasn't down it would have looked a lot better and less dirty, but as the player making the hit you can't make someone keep their head up.

No, but you can see a defenseless player and hold up a bit. No reason to put that kind of hit on a defenseless player.

No, but you can see a defenseless player and hold up a bit. No reason to put that kind of hit on a defenseless player.

The big hit changes the game. in a matter of a second, it's pretty tough to make that distinction between big and laying off.

It's the responsibility of the hitter to keep it clean, and everyone else to keep their head up. This dude didn't do that.

The big hit changes the game. in a matter of a second, it's pretty tough to make that distinction between big and laying off.

It's the responsibility of the hitter to keep it clean, and everyone else to keep their head up. This dude didn't do that.

I couldn't agree more, a hit from behind is blatent and the hitter should know better, when it's head on and a clean hit it's all on the other player to be skating with their head up.

While coaching young kids I don't know how much time we spend on handling the puck without looking at it, but these kids need even more time practicing that, you don't have to look at it just to stick handle!!!

Wow what a body check. It was clean all the way just really damn hard tough to take but hey that's hockey. Gotta have your head up there, no charging or elbows on the Canadian. Thanks for posting

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I couldn't agree more, a hit from behind is blatent and the hitter should know better, when it's head on and a clean hit it's all on the other player to be skating with their head up.

While coaching young kids I don't know how much time we spend on handling the puck without looking at it, but these kids need even more time practicing that, you don't have to look at it just to stick handle!!!

Could you imagine a league where everyone skated with their head down knowing that if they got hit like that, the opposing player would be penalized?

Yikes!

I really can't believe there was a penalty, then to make it a major and a game was just outrageous. The call should be made on the hit, not the outcome.

I hate staged fights in hockey but a good ol bench clearing brawl is awsome. Thanks for sharing Buck that was awsome

That is sweet I love goalie masks.

He had some good ones I really like Kippers original Flames one
imagesCAAQZN8Q_zps3dfa8fb3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back