The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like a very well educated fan :alien:

In reality, if people are blaming Romo for the Cowboys being 8-8 they are crazy, plain and simple.

He is part of the problem, but a much much smaller part of the problem than other things. The offensive line was HORRIBLE. The defense couldn't stop anyone.. I think people believe if the Cowboys get rid of Romo and sign someone else we will be Super Bowl contenders.. Its just not true

So this is a Cowboys fan huh?

[video=youtube;NZn6YyO-Gfc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZn6YyO-Gfc[/video]

Kinda fits the bill... Takes 3 shots and when you get a win all the fans are like "hey we got a win, cool. Didn't see that coming" Haha

In reality, if people are blaming Romo for the Cowboys being 8-8 they are crazy, plain and simple.

He is part of the problem, but a much much smaller part of the problem than other things. The offensive line was HORRIBLE. The defense couldn't stop anyone.. I think people believe if the Cowboys get rid of Romo and sign someone else we will be Super Bowl contenders.. Its just not true

Hacker, so as a fan, what would you like to see done with the boys in the offseason? Do you really re-sign Romo? I agree he isn't the entire problem, but he is a signficant part of it. Bring Norv Turner in as OC?

I don't think they are crazy for blaming it on Romo, he was a major problem throughout his career with making major mistakes at the wrong time. But you are also correct that there are many things that contributed to the mediocre seasons. Bad line, horrible defense, dropped passes. But no getting rid of him will not make the Cowboys a Super Bowl contender but it couldn't hurt right? Kidding they have a lot of work to go to get back to the dominant team they wee in the 90s.

"It Gone" was about all I needed to know about that video..........sums it up.

Espn reporting Reid to kc

Do you think he forgot how to coach? Never could coach? Reid has been a workhorse as a coach for a long long time going back to his early days before the Eagles. It got bad there as of late, but I am not sure anybody (even the fans) could blame that solely on him.

Andy knows how to coach, I just don't feel he is a very good one. He is a mediocre coach at best IMO and a poor talent evaluator. Drafts in which Andy has been responsible for have been mediocre and produced little results. He neglects positions of weakness and has made many questionable acquisitions. Andy can coach/develop QB's but his organization of a team is questionable. He often talks about putting his team in a better position to win each week, but little is often seen in way of changes in a team from week to week. The team seems to make the same mistakes on a weekly basis. When you script the first 15 plays and run them over and over in practice in preparation but still have mistakes that cost your team something is wrong. Is it all Andy's fault in Philly? Of course not, the players HE brought in have little to no heart, football IQ or willingness to improve. Part of that blame falls on Andy because he wanted to try and capture the magic of the early years and made questionable calls on players recently who were not right for his system.

IMO Andy got lucky with Donovan and having Jim Johnson coach the defense. If the Eagles did not make that lucky run in 2008 to the NFC championship he would have been fired a couple of years ago because this has been brewing in Philly for years. When you tell your fans Super Bowl or bust every year, then the continued busts are hard to deal with when you keep the same coach around for all that time. Joe Banner once said after another disappointing loss in the playoffs that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing year after year and expecting different results. Finally we have stopped being insane in Philly!

What QB would that be? I dont think there is a top tier QB prospect in this years draft that one could ride for 10 years.
My guess is Geno Smith.

I think Vick to the Vikings could be lethal with the Running game they have and Percey heathy next year and and maybe Alex Smith to the...?? Vikings... Cardinals... Chiefs... ??

I hope the Vikings don't pick up Vick. I think we need a better throwing threat at QB in order to help AP and the Vikings offense. I'd LOVE Alex Smith to go to the Vikes. That kind of solid QB with winning experience could really help them over Ponder.

Final speculation than I HAVE to get back to work...

Eagles land Chip Kelley and roll with Vick because of the system.

Chiefs land Reid and bring in Smith (Alex) and learn how to play efficient.

Arizona promotes DC Ray Horton to head coach (he should be a HC somewhere but this is unlikely even though it makes sense to me).

Jags gamble with Tebow to attract fan base.

Browns draft Geno Smith or Matt Barkley

Cardinals draft leftover of ^^

Tom Clements - remains in GB as OC

Lovie Smith - DC somewhere or HC of Bills?

Norv Turner - OC somewhere

Jon Gruden - NOT to the Chargers or anywhere.

Brian Kelly - Chicago??

That's all I have I guess..

Hacker, so as a fan, what would you like to see done with the boys in the offseason? Do you really re-sign Romo? I agree he isn't the entire problem, but he is a signficant part of it. Bring Norv Turner in as OC?

I would like to see a draft that consists almost, if not exclusively, of offensive and defensive lineman. Jerry likes the "flashy" draft picks, but in reality he needs lineman, and badly. I think when Sean Lee and company return from injury the LB and CB core is pretty solid.

I think Romo will get resigned. I am not sure I agree with it, but Jerry likes him. He does have one year left before a deal HAS to be made, but I figure that Romo will get resigned this offseason. I really would love Norv as an OC, because I think Garrett either needs to be a OC or an HC, but not both.

They really need to rebuild, but I fear they will keep down this road of mediocrity, trying to cover up weaknesses, which hasn't been working at all.

Espn reporting Reid to kc
Looks like Adam Schefter's 5% chance of Andy Reid not joining the Cards is coming true. Easier job than a weather man.

I hope the Vikings don't pick up Vick. I think we need a better throwing threat at QB in order to help AP and the Vikings offense. I'd LOVE Alex Smith to go to the Vikes. That kind of solid QB with winning experience could really help them over Ponder.
I think Ponder has another year...at least.

Good thoughts Flynnie. I disagree with a lot of them and feel many of them are "freshly cemented" for a lot of fans, but that is what makes sports great. Different thoughts by fans and observers.

I think many feel as though DMc greatly overachieved because of Reid and the system and not vice versa.

I would like to see a draft that consists almost, if not exclusively, of offensive and defensive lineman. Jerry likes the "flashy" draft picks, but in reality he needs lineman, and badly. I think when Sean Lee and company return from injury the LB and CB core is pretty solid.

I think Romo will get resigned. I am not sure I agree with it, but Jerry likes him. He does have one year left before a deal HAS to be made, but I figure that Romo will get resigned this offseason. I really would love Norv as an OC, because I think Garrett either needs to be a OC or an HC, but not both.

They really need to rebuild, but I fear they will keep down this road of mediocrity, trying to cover up weaknesses, which hasn't been working at all.

I could actually see Jerry waiting until mid season to re-sign Romoception in order to hedge his bets a bit.

You think Smith is that much better than Vick? They have pretty comparable passing stats.. Smith is getting hyped because Harbough could limit his mistakes with a solid run game and defense... Credit does go to Smith for being consistent and not making mistake though.. Not alot of signs of carrying a team though (Vikings have similar style as well which could mean a fit).

I am just thinking how deadly the option/PA could be with Vick/ Peterson/ Harvin... That sounds scary.

Andy knows how to coach, I just don't feel he is a very good one. He is a mediocre coach at best IMO and a poor talent evaluator. Drafts in which Andy has been responsible for have been mediocre and produced little results. He neglects positions of weakness and has made many questionable acquisitions. Andy can coach/develop QB's but his organization of a team is questionable. He often talks about putting his team in a better position to win each week, but little is often seen in way of changes in a team from week to week. The team seems to make the same mistakes on a weekly basis. When you script the first 15 plays and run them over and over in practice in preparation but still have mistakes that cost your team something is wrong. Is it all Andy's fault in Philly? Of course not, the players HE brought in have little to no heart, football IQ or willingness to improve. Part of that blame falls on Andy because he wanted to try and capture the magic of the early years and made questionable calls on players recently who were not right for his system.

IMO Andy got lucky with Donovan and having Jim Johnson coach the defense. If the Eagles did not make that lucky run in 2008 to the NFC championship he would have been fired a couple of years ago because this has been brewing in Philly for years. When you tell your fans Super Bowl or bust every year, then the continued busts are hard to deal with when you keep the same coach around for all that time. Joe Banner once said after another disappointing loss in the playoffs that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing year after year and expecting different results. Finally we have stopped being insane in Philly!

4th and 26...

I think Ponder has another year...at least.

I think so too, with the Vikings in the playoffs.

You think Smith is that much better than Vick? They have pretty comparable passing stats.. Smith is getting hyped because Harbough could limit his mistakes with a solid run game and defense... Credit does go to Smith for being consistent and not making mistake though.. Not alot of signs of carrying a team though (Vikings have similar style as well which could mean a fit).

I am just thinking how deadly the option/PA could be with Vick/ Peterson/ Harvin... That sounds scary.

I can see the option being very interesting with those three, yes. I don't see Leslie Frazer playing the option though. What I've seen of Vick vs. Smith (and this is pure feel and opinion), I just see Smith as the better option because he doesn't seem to cough the ball up like Vick has. We know that AP can fumble a time or two, why bring in a potential turnover machine and play the option, with a QB that is now injury prone, over a solid, healthy QB that could fit into Frazier's offense better?

possibly.. I just doubt it. He sees Romo through rose colored glasses for sure IMHO

Which is what must be frustrating as a fan. Lets say Romo doesn't progress as a qb, which IMO won't happen, and you lock him into a long term, elite $ deal...yikes. That puts the organization in a bind. He may not be able to go out and over-pay for #2 cb's any more! (kidding....kinda)

I can see the option being very interesting with those three, yes. I don't see Leslie Frazer playing the option though. What I've seen of Vick vs. Smith (and this is pure feel and opinion), I just see Smith as the better option because he doesn't seem to cough the ball up like Vick has. We know that AP can fumble a time or two, why bring in a potential turnover machine and play the option, with a QB that is now injury prone, over a solid, healthy QB that could fit into Frazier's offense better?

yes, turnovers could be the silver lining.. I would rather go against Smith twice a year though if that helps :D

Which is what must be frustrating as a fan. Lets say Romo doesn't progress as a qb, which IMO won't happen, and you lock him into a long term, elite $ deal...yikes. That puts the organization in a bind. He may not be able to go out and over-pay for #2 cb's any more! (kidding....kinda)

I thought Carr was pretty good this year, I am looking forward to watching him and Claiborne for a long time in Dallas.

I think Romo COULD develop.. Will he? Not sure. I don't want him locked into a long term contract, but unfortunately I think it will happen.

Good thoughts Flynnie. I disagree with a lot of them and feel many of them are "freshly cemented" for a lot of fans, but that is what makes sports great. Different thoughts by fans and observers.

I think many feel as though DMc greatly overachieved because of Reid and the system and not vice versa.

I have always had an opposite view of Andy compared to most, even when they were making their runs I had no faith in the man to get it done. I just feel he is one of those coaches that can only get your team so far and then you need to bring in someone to close the deal and win a Super Bowl. That window passed for teams that had a legit shot at winning a SB but onward to the future.

yes, turnovers could be the silver lining.. I would rather go against Smith twice a year though if that helps :D

You might eat those words, JJ....:alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back