2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week one is in the books for me for weight work and I am doing ok so far!! ( knocked about 5 pounds off) The food change has been manageable and I now need to start exercising a bit more. Not doing anything crazy like my friend TBT, just want to get a basic walking program going, along with walking more on the golf course. As I build up my stamina and some weight comes off maybe then I'll look to other avenues for help.

Just had and my scrambled eggs at work and in an hour I'm gonna hit the gym for my first workout of 2013.

About to do insanity day 4, its been a great week, time to keep rolling

Keep it up MD.
I'm bouncing back from bronchitis so I haven't worked out this week but have been eating pretty good.

I think you will like C25k. I did it from October to Dec and ran 2 5k races.

What shoes did you get? Just like with golf clubs the proper fitting can really make a difference.

I got completely fit for the shoes. They video you walking and that will tell them if you pronate or not. Then they have you stand on a board that tells them about your arches or something like that. I ended up with Nike Pegasus + shoes. They are really comfortable plus I got the sensor also and I can track my progress with the Nike+ app.

I am starting this healthier living project this week.

Over the past few years I havent been as health conscious as I should have and need to get back to that form. I made myself a promise to be below 200 pounds by my wedding anniversary in May with an ultimate target of 180 - 185. I am confident I can do this and need to just begin a exercise regiment and watch what I eat. I am older and the metabolism is surely slowing down but will succeed as I am sure to be inspired by everyone in this thread.

I weighed myself this morning and came in at 227. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Here we go...

Over the past few years I havent been as health conscious as I should have and need to get back to that form. I made myself a promise to be below 200 pounds by my wedding anniversary in May with an ultimate target of 180 - 185. I am confident I can do this and need to just begin a exercise regiment and watch what I eat. I am older and the metabolism is surely slowing down but will succeed as I am sure to be inspired by everyone in this thread.

I weighed myself this morning and came in at 227. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Here we go...

Go get 'em!!! I know you will reach your goal and you have plenty here supporting you as you go for it.

I would recommend P90x for anyone looking to make serious progress in fitness and weight loss. I have done it for ther past 2 years and am about a month into P90x2. What I truly enjoy about the program, especially P90x2 is the focus and dedication on core strength which is something that most programs out there lack and what most people think they can acheive by doing a few crunches. Just my opinion...

Week one is in the books for me for weight work and I am doing ok so far!! ( knocked about 5 pounds off) The food change has been manageable and I now need to start exercising a bit more. Not doing anything crazy like my friend TBT, just want to get a basic walking program going, along with walking more on the golf course. As I build up my stamina and some weight comes off maybe then I'll look to other avenues for help.

Good job! :clapp: You guys are motivated to do this and it will be cool to see the lean mean tag team Morgan Cuppers whupping up the coarse :blob:

Here we go...

You can do it Keith! I think the hardest thing us older folks deal with is we don't burn calories as fast as we use to. I have exercised my arse off and loss a miminal amount of weight. Recently with us moving and not currently having a gym membership, I am losing weight now, which is some weird stuff. I'm taking in a lot less empty calories which is the ticket for me.

Just finished first workout in ages...still a bit hints of flu in the mornings but I just had start doing something. Some light kettlebell exercises and mobility exercises. Nothing too heavy until I get 100% rid of the flu. Took also a couple of 6 iron swings in the garage. It's a start. Simple flu extended to 3-4 weeks, terrible.

Hope you feel better bro!

WTG Rhino! Awesome first week.

Thanks OG. You said it right... the weight just wont roll off anymore.

Im banking on a lighter and more svelt SMG will help my golf swing :act-up: haha!

Gotta brag on my wife a little bit. She signed up for a weight loss challenge over an 8 weight period that ended in early December, and won it losing about 16 pounds. She has stayed with it and even though she backed off the diet a little over the holidays dropped another 5 pounds. She signed up for the same challenge again and did her initial weigh in today so she can get down to her goal weight. Her energy is way up, and she is having to buy a new wardrobe. The best thing is she loves the workout program, and looks forward to going now and hates to miss when things come up. As competitive as she is I bet she wins it again!

This is excellent!!! So so glad to hear this! These challenges can be great motivators

Went and got fit for some running shoes today. Got some Nikes and also picked up the little chip thingy that tracks the steps you've taken. Tomorrow starts C25K

The Nike plus system is really solid and a great way to start out

I did P90x about 2 years ago... hardest and most rewarding thing ive done in a long time. i went from 190lbs to 170lbs in the frist 30 days... and the next 60 days i got pretty ripped... incredible energy..improved my diet and i kept the weight off for about 1 year... the past 6 months ive tried to follow the program again...my weight was around 175lbs....so i wasnt as motivated as i was the first time around..... and by week 2...i usually quit...
around that time i started golf....so it really didnt help me..since i had no idea how to swing...etc...

ive gotten up to 182lbs due to poor diet and being alittle lazy...so ive gone back and will try again. i just finished the first week ....and i think my motivation this time around is to see what results i can get on my golf game.....i really going to work on legs and core....

Same story here dude. Sometimes life gets in the way. The important thing is that we keep coming back to it!

Well, I finished off day 5 of my diet and day 5 of P90 and still I havent killed anybody so that's a good thing right there. The hardest part to me has been all the little snacks you need to do...my job requires me to be out and about alot...so I need to get a small cooler and put in my truck to keep stuff like grapes and oranges in for snacks.

I havent even gotten close to my calorie limit once...the myfitness pal app gave me 2040 calories a day...but I am eating and still only getting to 1800 or so.

Next week is going to be really tough because i fly out Monday for 4 days in New Orleans........rich food and lots of beer and not being able to fix anything at home is going to make it even tougher.

Don't feel guilty about the vacation time. Enjoy it but get back on track as soon as you get home. Big mistake sometimes is not enjoying yourself. Then you resent the change in habits. Try to be as active as possible though in NO when you can

Hey all, I started my own thread the other day but was sent here :)

I'm a 23 yr old guy and currently weigh in at 102kg. While I've never been thin, I've gone from about 80kg ish up to the 100's in the last 3 years while finishing my degree.

I'm about to start a new job, and have been playing a heap more golf (the walking 4 times a day is great exercise). I'm also continuing on weightatchers as its been successful for me in the past.

I'm worried about my health, but most of all I'm sick of always being the biggest guy in my group of friends.

My goal is to drop 20kg this calendar year, while also improving my fitness and strength.

Self-control has never been my strong suit, so any support and/or encouragment you can spare for me would be invaluable :)

It is wonderful to meet you!! Thanks for joining us!

Can you do the P90X at a slower or modified pace? I dont want to blow a vavle.

You can always modify the exercises. So if you can only do 8 of something, do 8, hit pause, etc. No need to kill yourself.. You will be amazed at how fast your reps increase over time.

Dude- awesome job with the 5 lbs. That is great work for one week!

Here we go...

SMG- super glad that you will be joining us my man! You're going to do great

I would recommend P90x for anyone looking to make serious progress in fitness and weight loss. I have done it for ther past 2 years and am about a month into P90x2. What I truly enjoy about the program, especially P90x2 is the focus and dedication on core strength which is something that most programs out there lack and what most people think they can acheive by doing a few crunches. Just my opinion...

Please let us know how you feel about P90x 2. I haven't tried it and don't know many people who have. I'm very curious

Yes. Just press pause. Do as much of the workout as you can. Then resume! That's the beauty of it!

You can always modify the exercises. So if you can only do 8 of something, do 8, hit pause, etc. No need to kill yourself.. You will be amazed at how fast your reps increase over time.

Exactly!!

Felt good to back into the swing of things today. I took a 2 week break from the gym for the hols but that ended today. Did Shoulders and Triceps, I was quite supprised that i had no loss in strength after the break. Only thing that gave me trouble was the last 2 reps of my last set in shoulder routine, felt something in my left shoulder hurt so i stopped.

Loving being back into it though

Today is my day off from FXB, they're not open on Sundays. I instead took to the home gym and tore off 15 minute intervals between the elliptical machine and the treadmill for a total of 60 minutes (30 each) burned through over 1000 calories in there. My wife and I decided to start doing YogaX (Part of p90x) on Sundays so that's what I'm about to do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back