2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
With 2012 winding down, many are going into 2013 with new goals and quite a few of us have centered them around fitness and nutrition. This year on THP, we are thankful to have the ultimate motivator in Coach Wicked Cool Bearded Man (Tim) to guide us and bring us motivation to reach our goals. Tim will be here to assist in any questions you might have about fitness and nutrition as well as offer his normal positive reinforcement throughout the entire process.

This thread will act as a place of encouragement and learning center as well as show off the "wicked" side of Coach Beard as he helps everybody that would like his assistance.

Good luck everybody and join me in welcoming Coach Beard to this official thread.

Coach Beard! That is awesome!

This is cool, hopefully we see lots of personal bests and goals obtained in 2013. I think its safe to say, we all could use to be stronger, leaner, or more flexible. For me, I'll be looking to gain some weight and improve my flexibility.

Very cool, fear the beard yoga works for me. Congrats Timmy!

Great idea for a thread, welcome coach!

Congrats Tim. Looking forward to hearing some nutrition advice from you

Tim can you tell me the best way to get rid of bell fat? It seems to be the last go when I am working out and I'd like to shed the Buddha

Hey all! I just wanted to wish everyone a great day and kind of explain what my thoughts were for this thread. First quick disclaimer. I am not a fitness professional. I am not a nutritionist. Before you start a workout program of any kind, please consult your doctor. I will share with you what works for me and try to help you in the right direction. I am simply someone who enjoys working out and eating healthful food. If your workout is getting stale, this is the place to throw out ideas or find new ones to keep you motivated and fired up. Losing steam happens to all of us. Heck this past summer I was the heaviest I have ever been! It was not a pretty sight. The whole goal is to remember that fitness and health is a marathon, not a sprint. There will be ups and downs. I am here to share in your ups and to celebrate with you and to try to help right the ship when there are downs (which there always are, and I will be sure to share mine as well). Any questions or thoughts please feel free to shoot me a PM!

Reactions: JB
This is exciting! Looking forward to following this thread. Me personally need the nutrition and core strength work the most. Not to mention some light yoga would be very helpful

Tim can you tell me the best way to get rid of bell fat? It seems to be the last go when I am working out and I'd like to shed the Buddha

Hey dude. Unfortunately, there is no way to spot reduce fat. The only thing you can do is to continue to work your core and to up your cardio. You can look at your diet as well and see if you are over eating in any particular area - like carbs or fat.

This is exciting! Looking forward to following this thread. Me personally need the nutrition and core strength work the most. Not to mention some light yoga would be very helpful

P90X yoga is $$$$ but it is by no means 'light'. It is tough but I highly recommend it.

Also the AB ripper ab track on P90X is one of the most difficult ab workouts I have ever done.

I do have one little trick that works somewhat though. I find when I build up my obliques and focus on that area of my stomach, the belly fat 'appears' to look smaller.

what a great idea for 2013!

When trying to work and area like your stomach don't forget to work the muscles in your lower back as well. If you only concentrate on your stomach and ignore your back you can cause some bad injuries. Plus by strengthening both it cause increased fat burning by your body.

This is cool, and I hope we can all benefit from it one way or another, nutrition has always been a problem for me, I love burgers, wings, and cake, and a price is paid. I'm hoping in 2013 by following this thread, I'll get the motivation to make the changes needed volunterily rather than last options.

Welcome Coach Beard! Looking forward to following along as this is a big priority in my life. Only have one body and can't just buy a new one so taking care of it is a must!

Anybody ever do a spin class? Looks like a great cardio workout.

I did, I took one at the big vanilla in Severna park man, I thought I was gonna die! never went back for another lol.

When trying to work and area like your stomach don't forget to work the muscles in your lower back as well. If you only concentrate on your stomach and ignore your back you can cause some bad injuries. Plus by strengthening both it cause increased fat burning by your body.

Excellent advice! We all think of core as just being our stomachs it is lower back as well and even your hips. You can't strengthen one without strengthening the other.

Yes. It is a great workout and if you have the right instructor it can be a great time. It is like anything though, as in you get out of it what you put into it.

Welcome Coach Beard! Looking forward to following along as this is a big priority in my life. Only have one body and can't just buy a new one so taking care of it is a must!

It seriously is. I have my hangups just like everyone else; things that I enjoy that aren't good for me. The goal is to do the best you can with what you have.

I did, I took one at the big vanilla in Severna park man, I thought I was gonna die! never went back for another lol.
Lol, that's encouraging.... I was checking it out at LA Fitness this weekend, seems they fill up with all shapes and sizes. I'm afraid I'd be done after 15 minutes.

Lol, that's encouraging.... I was checking it out at LA Fitness this weekend, seems they fill up with all shapes and sizes. I'm afraid I'd be done after 15 minutes.

Just don't go super super hard if it is your first time. When the instructor says turn the dial (make it harder by turning the knob on the bike) don't go nuts hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back