TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

I know that plays a role, not my point though. I'm amazed that these really do deliver on the claims, for me at least, that TM has made....and they do so quite well actually. I like them, I enjoy playing with them, I'm just curious thinking about the future with them personally. Its not a knock on the irons at all really.
I didn't mean to imply you were knocking them. If I drove a new BMW but I got to test all sorts of new cars as they came out I might never have a keeper :)

I wish...

RocketbladezBlue_zps15a9700d.jpg

or to match my woods...

RocketbladezGreen_zps11fcc010.jpg

That looks like fun! I'm digging the blue one there...

That's a nice deal. C-Tapers can get expensive.

So, as I sit here, back at school on a glum Monday after my the break, I'd like to pose a couple of general questions for the testers as well as all othe rusers of the Rocketbladez.

1) What is your favorite thing about the irons so far?

2) What is your most disliked thing about the irons? Alternatively, what would you change about the set given the opportunity?

I know for me my favorite thing is actually the turf interaction I'm getting as well as the overall LAUNCH. The fact that the 4/5/6 get the ball up SO quickly and SO impressively is the largest thing of note for me personally so far. Its the prime example of lofts don't matter if you can get a low loft to get the ball up like these do.

My least favorite actually isn't the sound, shockingly since I'm the king of the "sound IS feel" brigade. Its actually the topline. Not in the sense that its too big, because it really isn't IMO and the pic's don't do it justice, but rather in the sense that I hate that the groove/face finish only extends 3/4 through the topline as it makes the natural squared shape of the topline look much larger than it actually is. An optical illusion of sorts. I think had that been carried all the way around/through the topline it would have made a major difference at address.

So, let it rip, I'm extremely curious to hear EVERYONE who has given these a go's thoughts!

1) Favourite thing? For me there is a lot to choose from! It would have to be the forgiveness. The clubs simply make me look less bad!

2) Least favourite? As per Hawk, its the name. Naf as we say in the UK.

However, the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Once the weather clears up I'll probably try to do a little head-to-head testing with the old irons. I really liked the old ones, but for some pretty different reasons. Admittedly, some of those reasons weren't purely related to performance. That being said, I still did pretty well with them in hand.
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts Hawk, especially as I'm just starting to do a bit of the same.

Considering I'm likely going to be sleeping about 4 hours a night for a year I may be better off with the bigger irons :D

I really hope TM was right and these ship out tomorrow. I will be hitting these somehow someway when they get in, even if its 20 degrees haha

I would really like to try these out. And I'm about due for some iron upgrades! I need to find somewhere to try out some and then convince the wife I need to buy some. That's the hard part. lol

Considering I'm likely going to be sleeping about 4 hours a night for a year I may be better off with the bigger irons :D
Incredibly valid point there buddy.

This made me chuckle. Dont blame the baby!

Rocketbladez are coming rocketbladez are coming!!
u7eda8uq.jpg

TapaTalk from the iPhone

@TexasHacker - I'm blatantly laughing. I so appreciate what you are going through right now. See this post.

T, I'm happy for ya dude, ready for you to get these IN HAND as I want to hear YOUR thoughts.

T, I'm happy for ya dude, ready for you to get these IN HAND as I want to hear YOUR thoughts.

Dude I am so excited. Never had a set fit to me in my life so this should be a great experience

TapaTalk from the iPhone

How do you guys compare these to the original RBZ and Burner 2.0's if you hit them as well? I had a set of 2.0's and wasn't duly impressed after about a month with them. Last month I went to EW and borrowed a couple of RBZ irons and took them to the range to go head to head with my AP1's and there was virtually no difference.

Are these actually longer? I'm not a super long hitter, 7i is 145-150 for me and with the RBZ it was on the same flag going back and forth between the two irons and I just didn't find them as visually appealing as my current irons so I passed on them.

My weekend plans:

Friday - Bandon Preserve
Saturday - Bandon Dunes (possible afternoon round at Pacific Dunes)
Sunday - Pacific Dunes (possible afternoon round at Old MacDonald)
Monday - Old MacDonald

I probably won't be posting over the weekend but I'll have a bunch of stuff to report starting early next week.

How do you guys compare these to the original RBZ and Burner 2.0's if you hit them as well? I had a set of 2.0's and wasn't duly impressed after about a month with them. Last month I went to EW and borrowed a couple of RBZ irons and took them to the range to go head to head with my AP1's and there was virtually no difference.

Are these actually longer? I'm not a super long hitter, 7i is 145-150 for me and with the RBZ it was on the same flag going back and forth between the two irons and I just didn't find them as visually appealing as my current irons so I passed on them.
Check this out:
tequila4kapp said:
I just re-read (skimmed) the entire thread for another purpose and observed numerous instances where Bladez were compared to 2.0's. If you are interested, multi-page discussions start at pages 11, 17, 31 and 37; individual comments or shorter discussions occur at pages 20, 35, 44, 45, 56, 77, 88 and 102. There is a ton of good feedback and info there.

My weekend plans:

Friday - Bandon Preserve
Monday - Old MacDonald

I probably won't be posting over the weekend but I'll have a bunch of stuff to report starting early next week.

I'm jealous of you and your postal code.

Keep it going everyone. Lots of great thoughts so far.

My weekend plans:

Friday - Bandon Preserve
Monday - Old MacDonald

I'm lucky if I get one round in per weekend when I'm home!

Can someone with the Rocketfuel shafts in regular do me a favor? Can you weigh your 7 iron and see what you get. I am doing a comparison and just wanted to know. I got 14.4.

Back