TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

That is worrisome about the chrome. I have to wonder if perhaps a rock or concrete was hit that caused an initial nick in the finish and then it progressively got worse.

Should not happen regardless, but no doubt that TM would take care of it.

Mav,
I have not seen that. Our sets have been hit thousands of times on the range at THP local events and not had that occur. That would get me to call the company rather quickly.

That is worrisome about the chrome. I have to wonder if perhaps a rock or concrete was hit that caused an initial nick in the finish and then it progressively got worse.

I hit these out of some pretty vicious waste bunkers a few weeks back, and noticed no wear and tear. I was really surprised at how well the shiny chrome held up to it, actually. That leads me to believe that this is just a simple defect.

I too think there is a little more of a story that initiated that peeling.... Obviously something to keep an eye on for those of us with these sticks, but I have about 12 rounds on mine and I only have the micro-scratches that come with normal use.

From that picture it looks like there are also some pit marks on the toe of the club, so perhaps there is some extra 'abuse' going on too...

I hit these out of some pretty vicious waste bunkers a few weeks back, and noticed no wear and tear. I was really surprised at how well the shiny chrome held up to it, actually. That leads me to believe that this is just a simple defect.

Same here. As I posted a few pages back, I have played about 7 winter rounds and had about a half dozen range sessions off mats. I have hit off of hard pan and bunkers. The bottom of the clubs still look like the day I got them:

IMG_20130106_114608.jpg

No chrome issues for me either. Stuff happens and I'm sure they'd replace them.

No issues with the chrome finish on my set after many range sessions & rounds. Seems to be an isolated case.

That's such an anomaly it almost makes me wonder if that person ended up with counterfeit clubs. If not, I'm sure TM would take care of it.

That's such an anomaly it almost makes me wonder if that person ended up with counterfeit clubs. If not, I'm sure TM would take care of it.

That thought had occured to me as well. I looked mine over when I saw the thread and Im struggling to see how the chrome stuff could wear off.

Still thought it best to post it up so we can all keep any eye out for it.

While we are on the chrome subject...I just got my sand wedge in and the bottom looks different than my AW. The SW has a stripe down the middle of it where the 55 degrees is labeled that is like the finish of the rest of the clubs and not chrome. But the more I look at it it kind of looks chrome but it is definitely not the same as the AW. Anyone with the SW seen this?

Actually looking at the pics on the TM site...I guess it supposed to be like that. Strange. Still, anyone seen that?

Sorry, I haven't seen the SW in person.

Here are a couple of images that show the SW. The bottom pic is a close up and you can see that the middle of the club is a different texture.

8367056607_843e3e238c_c.jpg

8367062789_119ca24b32.jpg

Interesting. It does look very different.

If that iron is in fact a TM iron they we replace it. I have no signs of anything like that on my set.

Interesting observation about the SW. Hadn't noticed that myself, I'll take a look tonight.

Checked my RBladez sand wedge and its the same as yours, so I dont think there is anything to worry about.

Just got my Rocketbladez SW and LW today. I hope to play this weekend. Stay tuned.

Just finished my after-work project

qa6yhyvu.jpg

enabesup.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

It literally scraped right off. Took about 3 minutes per club, super easy. My screwdriver set had one with a head that was just a fine point and I just used that. I'm in love with the looks of these clubs even more now and no need to paint fill!

Just finished my after-work project

qa6yhyvu.jpg

enabesup.jpg

That looks nice & clean!! Great job!

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

It literally scraped right off. Took about 3 minutes per club, super easy. My screwdriver set had one with a head that was just a fine point and I just used that. I'm in love with the looks of these clubs even more now and no need to paint fill!

Could you take a picture of your screwdriver? I think I'll probably do that

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Sweet! They look so much cleaner IMO

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Back