Callaway X-Hot Fairway Wood Preview Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has all the details of the X-Hot FW Wood right here.

http://bit.ly/YX7nF0

i-gWWjpg9-L.jpg

i-VVZ3V3s-L.jpg

i-DPM7dPz-L.jpg

i-xjNtRG3-L.jpg

i-2n8jcX4-L.jpg

Wow. The driver was underwhelming for some reason but this thing is gorgeous!

That is absolutely stunning. Love it!

I want to hit this and see how long it is. Looks good.

That thing is gorgeous. I want a 7 wood

Another beautiful club...very curious how that stock shaft plays.

These look awesome, the classic warbird like gray crown and the project X shaft, what an amazing stock setup!

I'll take the 11 wood.

Us LH dont have that option jerk. I used to play a 7 wood and absolutely loved it. Pondering commence.

I definitely like the looks for that!

I love the black and white color patter on the bottom of the club. Pop! Not 100% on the grey top but that's subject to chance.

This thing looks like a beast!

Want to hit.

I'll take it! :act-up:

Awesome looking FW.

That's HOT!

Callaway did something very very good here. Anxious to hear how this shaft performs also.

Well, sadly, Callaway has finally done something I'm not impressed with..

I love the look of pretty much all of their new offerings. I've had a chance to hit one piece and loved it. I am sure the performance of this will speak for itself..

But those top line graphics absolutely SCREAM to the club I've used all summer. The R11 3w. Not impressed by that at all. I felt like they were paving the way for something different.

Awesome looking club! Really looking forward to hearing more about this! Question: does the pro version have the alignment aid on the top as well? Or do we not know that yet?

Well, sadly, Callaway has finally done something I'm not impressed with..

I love the look of pretty much all of their new offerings. I've had a chance to hit one piece and loved it. I am sure the performance of this will speak for itself..

But those top line graphics absolutely SCREAM to the club I've used all summer. The R11 3w.

Not impressed by that at all.

I see the similarities and understand where you're coming from. On the other hand, by comparison this is really tame compared to having 3/4 of the crown covered in war paint :alien:

Us LH dont have that option jerk. I used to play a 7 wood and absolutely loved it. Pondering commence.

If it was offered in LH I probably would too

Right there with you guys.

I love the black and white color patter on the bottom of the club. Pop! Not 100% on the grey top but that's subject to chance.

I agree with the first part of this, but the gray on top with the matte finish reminds me a little bit of the mashie and the best part of that finish is there is never any glare, so count me as a fan.

I see the similarities and understand where you're coming from. On the other hand, by comparison this is really tame compared to having 3/4 of the crown covered in war paint :alien:

Not the R1 buddy.. The R11..

Spoiler
TAYR11FWALT.jpg

That's very nice looking!

Not the R1 buddy.. The R11..

Spoiler
TAYR11FWALT.jpg

Yeah, my statement didn't make it to pixels the way it appeared in my head...I meant to say "by comparison amongst 2013 models". I agree that the graphics look like the R11.

I like the sound of this "Forged Speed Frame Face Cup made of high strength Carpenter 455 stainless steel".
Interested to see if the "face cup" technology translates to a hot face like Tour Edge Exotics has for a while now.
Although TEE uses titanium, from what I've read Carpenter 455 has similar characteristics.

Back