Callaway X-Hot Fairway Wood Preview Thread

Is the difference in lie angle between the regular version and the pro version all because of the shaft length difference or for other reasons too? I'm really interested in the differences in the X Velocity shafts between the reg and pro versions. I just need to hit these things,... yesterday.

Very good looking club! I like the graphics, I will be trying out the 4 wood.

We will have some video coming up in the next day or two with sound tests and early thoughts.

This will be cool. I'm a fan of the Razr X Black fairway woods sound, it's crisp and sharp.

Some great info in this session of #callawaytalks

Kelly, I like how they admit multiple times in the video how they are getting with the distance program but making it better. They are not avoiding the question of what others are doing.

Some great info in this session of #callawaytalks

I really liked this video. Some really candid, honest answers. In response to this I asked Harry if the "regular" version head would be available to order with the "pro" version shaft and he said "Yessir, that's what I'm planning on doing also."

That's my plan right now. I assume since they said that they would both be the same price that there wouldn't be an upcharge for this.

I cannot wait until the Dallas invitational so I can hit these! It'll be hard to hold off on buying them before then.

Kelly, I like how they admit multiple times in the video how they are getting with the distance program but making it better. They are not avoiding the question of what others are doing.

I think that's a big part of the "new" Callaway, not avoiding the questions about what others are doing. I'm liking the confidence vibe that Harry gives off about the XHot line up

I really liked this video. Some really candid, honest answers. In response to this I asked Harry if the "regular" version head would be available to order with the "pro" version shaft and he said "Yessir, that's what I'm planning on doing also."

That's my plan right now. I assume since they said that they would both be the same price that there wouldn't be an upcharge for this.

There may be a charge because a standard head with a pro shaft would have to be custom made !!! i'm not sure on that but that would be my guess

Wow I really like the looks of this FW wood. I can't wait to hear more about it and give it a shot.

I like that thought as well...last I looked, they weren't showing that as an option on the Callawaygolf.com preorders.

There may be a charge because a standard head with a pro shaft would have to be custom made !!! i'm not sure on that but that would be my guess

They offer a lot of custom options at the same price if you order it through them (different shafts, grips, lengths, wraps, etc).

I think that's a big part of the "new" Callaway, not avoiding the questions about what others are doing. I'm liking the confidence vibe that Harry gives off about the XHot line up

Yeah but doing anything else, (custom length, extra tape under grips, custom loft/lie with irons, etc...), all require a club to be "custom made" and there isn't an upcharge for this.

Yeah but doing anything else, (custom length, extra tape under grips, custom loft/lie with irons, etc...), all require a club to be "custom made" and there isn't an upcharge for this.

You learn something new everyday, I didn't know this thanks

@ OG & Ad - I'm curious why you are thinking of mixing them in that particular way. I was pondering the exact opposite - putting the lighter standard shafts with the Pro series club heads.

@ OG & Ad - I'm curious why you are thinking of mixing them in that particular way. I was pondering the exact opposite - putting the lighter standard shafts with the Pro series club heads.

I just like a heavier shaft and I do not want an open face. The regular version face is square and the pro version is open. Not sure how much the pro is open but I'm guessing 1*-1.5*. Knowing your history I'm guessing you didn't know that the pro version has an open face.

I just like a heavier shaft and I do not want an open face. The regular version face is square and the pro version is open. Not sure how much the pro is open but I'm guessing 1*-1.5*. Knowing your history I'm guessing you didn't know that the pro version has an open face.

Dang. Foiled again in my attempts to change up the top of my bag. My wife and pocket book thank you, however.

I would hopefully hit both versions first before I ordered, but I have not had great luck with light, made-for shafts. Maybe this one is different, but we'll have to see.

I love this change in philosophy. No point in ignoring the fact that there are other manufacturers out there when you know your clientele knows what is out there.

We will have some video coming up in the next day or two with sound tests and early thoughts.

Grrr...still waiting. hahaha

Agreed, not only does it show confidence in your product and company, but it puts you in a great light and presence in the public. You don't look like your hiding anything!!!

That video was really well done with Harry. I like the way the acknowledge they are coming in late but have improved on the long FW offering. Can't wait to hit it.

Has anyone seen the XHot logo that is a bomb? It's pretty cool looking. I would love a bag with this logo on it. Callaway MC staffers listening?

in terms of feel and sound is this more along the lines of the Razr Hawk fairway woods or the diablo octane woods of a couple years ago

Has anyone seen the XHot logo that is a bomb? It's pretty cool looking. I would love a bag with this logo on it. Callaway MC staffers listening?
Kelly, I've seen the bag but was looking for this logo he was talking about?

These looked great it Ryo's and Tommy2Glove's bags!!!

Back