2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to think of more deltoid excercises to do. I have eliminated overhead presses of all kinds and I am bored and frustrated with lateral raises. Time to get creative.

My opinion Blugold, and again, it's just my opinion, is that unless you are trying to be a 'bodybuilder," there is no need for doing exercises for each bodypart. Assuming you are trying to get biger & stronger, I think if you focus on higher sets, lower reps on basic compound exercises, ( squats, incline presses, deadlifts, pull-ups, etc ) you will be amazed at the gains you make. But I had to eliminate most overhead presses a while ago as well - it just wreacked havoc on my shoulders. If you are set on looking for another exercise though, a simple variation on the lateral raise is the bent lateral raise. Kinda of hits the shoulder complex from a different angle. High pulls is another pretty good shoulder exercise.

More than your body getting used to nutrients, I think you will plateau if you stay at the same caloric intake for too long. I firmly believe that varying the calorie intake, like say one or two days staying 500-600 calories under your daily intake, and maybe one day going a 100 or 200 calories over will be much more effective in the long run. If you continuously cut calories, your body is going to adapt quickly. Personally, I don't count calories much, but this is really good for those people who are able to focus that much on their food intake.

I agree my man. Well stated

So, I've been busting my tail for going on two weeks to drop some pounds. My favorite suit hasnt fit in a few months, I think it shrunk or something, but put it on today, and BOOM! Fits perfect. Actually, the pants might be a bit baggy now. Havent noticed any results in the mirror, but this is a good sign for me.

So, I've been busting my tail for going on two weeks to drop some pounds. My favorite suit hasnt fit in a few months, I think it shrunk or something, but put it on today, and BOOM! Fits perfect. Actually, the pants might be a bit baggy now. Havent noticed any results in the mirror, but this is a good sign for me.

This is such a good feeling. I am so sore right now, everything hurts and on top of that I must have been sleeping on my neck funny because I can barely move it. Today is start of week two and my second weigh in, curios to see my results.

Dear War Eagle,

Your breakfast sandwich suggestion kept me from starving yesterday. No sausage, but egg whites and some cheese worked well.

Thank you sir.

I remember early last year when i shed some pounds I was getting frustrated because i wasn't seeing the visual results in the mirror but certain clothes fitting better was such a good feeling. That's awesome man keep it up!

This is such a good feeling. I am so sore right now, everything hurts and on top of that I must have been sleeping on my neck funny because I can barely move it. Today is start of week two and my second weigh in, curios to see my results.

Hope you see some improvements with the weigh in. Being sore is such a good feeling sometimes, keep it up.

Dear War Eagle,

Your breakfast sandwich suggestion kept me from starving yesterday. No sausage, but egg whites and some cheese worked well.

Thank you sir.

You may have to elaborate on the the B-fast sandwich, I forgot to write it down.

You may have to elaborate on the the B-fast sandwich, I forgot to write it down.

He goes with egg whites, cheese and turkey sausage on a wheat english muffin. I just went 4 egg whites, slice of cheese, and one piece of whole wheat toast. Seems to stay with me longer than a bowl of cheerios for sure.

So mad my soccer game was cancelled last night of course we were the last game of the night so no chance to jump into another game!! Grr...guess working extra hard on my lunch break today.

Awesome news bro !! Keep it up my man! You might be able to get a new wardrobe out of this haha

He goes with egg whites, cheese and turkey sausage on a wheat english muffin. I just went 4 egg whites, slice of cheese, and one piece of whole wheat toast. Seems to stay with me longer than a bowl of cheerios for sure.

Egg whites or egg beaters?

The protein from the eggs takes longer to digest that's why you feel fuller longer. Made ddec something similar this morning with egg beaters, slice of low sodium honey ham, slice of cheese and 100 cal whole wheat English muffin.

Make sure you stretch today before going back at it !! Good luck on the weigh in!!

The protein from the eggs takes longer to digest that's why you feel fuller longer. Made ddec something similar this morning with egg beaters, slice of low sodium honey ham, slice of cheese and 100 cal whole wheat English muffin.

Completely correct! That sounds delicious !

Dude, thats great to hear, I know today was the big "test", way to go, still work to be done!

So mad my soccer game was cancelled last night of course we were the last game of the night so no chance to jump into another game!! Grr...guess working extra hard on my lunch break today.

Go get em during that break Nerfny!!

I need to think of more deltoid excercises to do. I have eliminated overhead presses of all kinds and I am bored and frustrated with lateral raises. Time to get creative.

I have a couple for you. Really good for rear deltoid and scapular use, which most of need.

First one go to a cable machine and move the cable to the lowest setting. Face perpendicular to the cable holding the ring with the right hand all the way across your body. Keep arm straight and pull cable across your chest, basically a 45 degree angle to the floor. Be sure and retract your scapula when you pull and keep your body upright. No cheating using body turn. 3 sets of 10, and the weight level very light, probably just 1 plate to start.

The next ones involve setting the cable at about mid body height. Put your upper arm tight to your ribs, basically using elbow as a pivot point. Pull cable from outside your body on one set, and across your body on another. Again, very light weight and keep form.

I have a couple for you. Really good for rear deltoid and scapular use, which most of need.

First one go to a cable machine and move the cable to the lowest setting. Face perpendicular to the cable holding the ring with the right hand all the way across your body. Keep arm straight and pull cable across your chest, basically a 45 degree angle to the floor. Be sure and retract your scapula when you pull and keep your body upright. No cheating using body turn. 3 sets of 10, and the weight level very light, probably just 1 plate to start.

The next ones involve setting the cable at about mid body height. Put your upper arm tight to your ribs, basically using elbow as a pivot point. Pull cable from outside your body on one set, and across your body on another. Again, very light weight and keep form.

The external rotations have been done. I do them on my "in between days" because of the lighter weight and the area worked. I find that they work more of the rotator cuff and less of the delt. I have done other crossbody raises before. I am just curious if they will fit into my current format. I can give it a try.

Just whites for me.

I have another easy one for you hawk. Breakfast tacos or burritos. Egg whites, ground turkey or ground turkey breast, little cheese and salsa or pico de gallo. Corn tortillas for tacos, wheat tortilla for burrito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back