2013 Bridgestone e6 Golf Ball Forum Testing Thread

Thanks. I wanted to be honest, but wasn't sure how well it would be received.

That's why options are a good thing :D

Not everything is going to work for everybody and you worded it all well.

Thanks. I wanted to be honest, but wasn't sure how well it would be received.

You went about it the right way, the honest feedback is the best way to go about this and certainly isnt frowned upon when it doesnt work out.

I was lucky enough to receive an opportunity to test the Bridgestone e6 Golf Ball:

Appearance

At first glance the new box is very attractive. It'll definitely pop out on the shelf in comparison to last years model. The ball looks very similar to the previous model with the exception that the Arrow where the model is printed is black instead of red.
On The Greens:

I am exclusively testing this ball against the cheaper, but revered Wilson 50 Compression ball, and the previous Bridgestone e6. The ball has a very muted and quick reaction off of the face of the putter. In a series of similar putts, the new BStone seems to roll better, with a better feel coming off of the face than the Wilson and the old model. I even sunk a (What I would call) impressive 25 footer on the practice green at Pellissippi State during a test session yesterday

On The Course:

The ball flight is spectacular. Really jumps off of the face of the ball and carries to the loft of my clubs. The only issue I had was off of the driver, but it was consistent with the other two models I am testing against this ball. I played 9 with the new e6 and 9 with the Wilson ball, and shot a +8 and +10 respectively. The amount of roll the BStone was getting was little to be desired for a short hitter like myself, but I still found myself with a massive improvement on my drives, around 15 yards with the e6 compared to the Wilson 50.

1/25/13

Full Round

Played a full round with the e6 exclusively today. The first thing to say about it is I started with a dozen and still have 11 left. That alone is a feat, but I wouldn't attribute that entirely to the ball as much as I have been working intensively with my swing and working to eliminate my nasty 85yd slice. Overall the round was exceptional. shot a 92 with a nice birdie on a Par 4 that involved a clean approach from just outside of a bunker. The ball did all the work there, it seemed. I layed the ball just on the edge of the green and it rolled within 3 feet or an easy -1 putt.

I will be testing these out again tomorrow on the practice greens, this time I will be making a more thorough comparison to the 2011 e6.

Practice Green Comparison: e6 v. e6

The 2013 e6 is better. I don't really know how to put it in a complicated fashion, because it is what it is. The ball seemed to roll with the breaks in the green better than the 2011 model.

Last edited:
I wont have time to write my complete review until this weekend. I have played one round with the ball so far and I love the feel. As others have mentioned, the feel of the ball off the putter specifically is great. I sunk about a 90-100 footer on number 1 and told myself it was the ball (although I know it was probably luck). I will write a more detailed review soon with included pictures that show how durable the balls are after a round or two - just wanted to let everyone know about the great putt I had! Really set the mood for the round and I ended up posting my best score of the month!

I did about a 30 minute chipping session today. I used three new e6, two 2011 e6, and a PV1. Totally unscientific but for me it's all about feel. After each round I noted the positon of the balls and declared a winner by the ball closest to the hole. The chips varied between ten and forty feet, pretty typically range for me. I used a 56 degree SW and a 60" wedge. I counted six rounds and the PV1 won two (despite only one chance per round) the 2013 e6 won three and the 2011 won the other. What does it mean...not much but seems like I can be more aggressive with the PV1. Felt like I was holding back on the e6. Interesting all groupings got closer as the feel came around. Will play 18 on Saturday with the new e6.

Sitting down now to get my thoughts together from today's round. Really, really pleased with how this ball performed for me today.

More numbers via Vector for you to take a look at.

7 irons - Balls used were 2013 e6, 2011 e6, 2011 e5, and Srixon Q-Star. This is a 5 ball average, including mishits, which were mostly thins. This was after a quick warm-up and the results are in the order that I hit them.

2013 e6

Carry: 162
Offline: 5y L
Ball Speed: 110
Launch Angle: 19.3
Desc Angle: 40.2
Back Spin: 4348
Side Spin: 134 R
Side Angle: 2.2 L

Srixon Q-Star

Carry: 160
Offline: 9y R
Launch Angle: 19.2
Desc Angle: 43.3
Back Spin: 4694
Side Spin: 133 R
Side Angle: 2.4 R

2011 e5

Carry: 157
Offline: 0
Ball Speed: 107
Launch Angle: 19.9
Desc Angle: 40.6
Back Spin: 4399
Side Spin: 205L
Side Angle: 1.2R

2011 e6

Offline: 4R
Ball Speed: 108
Launch Angle: 19.6
Desc Angle: 39.0
Back Spin: 4052
Side Spin: 0
Side Angle: 2.2R

What's that tell me? Not much I guess. Everything is so close that I think I could do the same test tomorrow and see similar and one could be a hair longer or spinnier or higher launching. Shot shape started to change a bit as I got loosened up.

Next up was a quick comparison on wedge spin to build off what I did last night. Not a lot of time for this, so I just did a 54° wedge with a 1/4 swing using the e5 ball. Reason for this was to test urethane vs the surlyn cover on the e6.

A reminder of what I saw with the 2013 e6 on the same shot

Carry: 49
Ball Speed: 53
Launch Angle 28.1
Descent 36.7
Back Spin 5669

2011 e5

Carry: 49
Ball Speed: 52
Launch Angle 36
Descent 45.4
Back Spin 6476

What's that tell me? Higher ball and higher spin = fast stopping for sure. That's to be expected, but now I can see it on paper I suppose.

Next I'll try to do the same for the driver.

I was really hoping to get my review up today or tonight, but it looks like it is gonna have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!!

Next I'll try to do the same for the driver.

Looking forward to see how someone else's #s with the driver turn out.

Looking forward to see how someone else's #s with the driver turn out.

Me too. I think that'll give me a pretty comprehensive look at how they stack up for me.

2013 Bridgestone e6 Review - Full Round

The 2013 Bridgestone e6 got put in to play today for my full round, from tee to green, it was the ball I used for my entire round. Wanted to really get a feel for this one over the course of an entire round.

STRAIGHT DISTANCE - Right on the box, there it is; Straight Distance. A lot of balls offer up claims of being straighter and longer. My goal today, was to put it to the test. Off the tee, I usually see a good bit of left to right movement with my ball, and distance off the tee isnt something that I brag about. The 2013 e6 lived up to it's name in a big way today... 11/14 fairways off the tee with the e6. And my misses werent overly penalizing, in fact, I had no penalty strokes today off the tee. Distance? About that... Like I said, distance isnt something I brag about, but my longest tee shot today was measured via GPS at 273 yards, with wet fairways and little to no roll out, I'll take that every single time! I found myself to be far more accurate off the tee today, between a tweak in my setup and the e6, I had the utmost confidence when teeing off.

Will I see less spin? A lot of times when looking at balls that promote a straight ball flight, the first thought people will have is that the spin reduction they will see in their iron game and short game will be significantly less. With that said, I am not a high spin player with my irons and wedges, I can get the amount of spin I need when it is called for, but on routine shots in to the green, I do not typically see a lot of spin. So, what would the e6 show me? As I posted in my original review for shots around the green and from 150 yards and in, I saw decent spin, and the ball was usually within a foot or so of it's mark. Same held true for my round today. A few shots come to mind that I want to highlight for you all;
  • Longer Par 4, was just over 160 yards out. Pin was in the back of the green today. Pulled 7iron hoping to land the green and hold it. High ball flight, with a steep trajectory downward, landed the center of the green and held it's mark.
  • 136 yards out, needing to carry a bunker to get to the pin. Hit a full PW and landed pin high to the left. The ball landed, and then stopped dead in it's tracks. Took a picture of the result;
7F2FC863-orig.jpg

Ball Flight - One of my biggest struggles in this great game of Golf is often my ball flight. Line drives, they hate me, I hate them, and I have worked my tail off over the past year to rid myself of them. Equipment change, shaft change, you name it, I've tried it. Enter...e6. On the course today, I hit some towering shots that just looked incredible. Quick off the club face to get in to the air, sharp trajectory upward that seemed to keep climbing. Off the tee, my ball flight with the CG Black driver that I play was something that had me grinning. A nice trajectory that carried upward on a nice path that promoted great distance. Irons and wedges offered more of the same, high ball flight. In my opinion, with my irons and wedges, this ball flight is what helped promote the spin, or the "quick stop" when hitting in to the greens. The trajectory of the ball flight downward allowed for the ball to land and stop quickly, without seeing much, if any, roll out.

On the green? Around the green? Short game and putting. For short pitches and touch shots, my usual approach is to get the ball on the ground as quickly as possible and allow for the roll out to get it close. That's exactly the approach I had with the e6 today. Main reason for this approach is because I have been struggling with my green side game. I found that the e6 responded well to this shot, was quick off my wedge and was rolling quick once it landed. Twice today I had short chips that required a shot over a sand bunker, so my approach was a bit different. I was pleased to see that when the shot demanded it, I could get the ball up in the air and rely on a bit of spin to stop the ball and leave me with a result that was more than manageable. I talked about my feel about the e6 off the putter in my initial review, and after playing this ball on 18 different greens today, the though remains the same. A nice, muted sound off the putter face gives the ball a smooth feel when rolling it with the putter. I prefer a ball that is quite off the putter face vs a ball that offers an audible clicky sound, and the e6 gives me that audible feedback that I like.

Parting Shots - The e6 performed today like I expected it to. I have played the e6 for a few years now, and it is a ball that has always been more than reliable for me. Soft feel off the tee box that offers good distance with great accuracy. If I could sum the 2013 e6 up in one word, for me, it would be "predictable." I know what to expect out of this ball. I wasnt left with a head scratched today trying to figure out what I had just witnessed. Predictable, reliable results...that's what you will find with the e6. My opinion on the e6 is that so many golfers, of varying levels could benefit from having this ball in play. The e6 being a bit softer allows for easier compression, and gives you that feedback of feel from the tee that you have just connected well with the ball and that your results will be as you expect.

Looking forward to getting back out with the e6. Having been a big fan over the previous models of the e6, I can honestly say that I love the way that the e-Series is evolving.

I like it War Eagle.

The chipping is a big comfort zone for me. I almost always know what to expect. The picture was good too buddy. Very typical of what I'd expect with a full scoring club.

Great review Hawk, this is the ball I was chosen to test as well. Thanks to THP for the opportunity to give these e6s a hit.

The e6 is projected by Bridgestone to be:
-anti-hook and anti-slice
-Reduce spin (see above)-by using
a Surlyn covered golf ball that provides reduced side spin and controllability.
-
Go farther and straighter and to produce a lower/straighter trajectory.
My understanding is the 2013 e6 has a compression of about 50 to produce that "softness"

Because of the weather working 11 out of the past 13 days, I've only had a chance to do some limited low chipping and putting at a local course. So far these are my initial thoughts of the e6 vs the 2011 Taylormade Penta TP.

+ My immediate feedback was a softer feel (muted) at impact and no “clicking” sound compared to the Penta TP
+ I did find the feel softer and the sound more muted on the 2013 e6 than with the 2011 (I still had a couple given to me from last year)
+ the e6 seems to jump off the clubface and thus my distance control was amiss
+ check was nowhere close to the Penta TP
I also did some putting and the sound (or lack of) was the over-riding thought in my head. I did a blind test and took 6 e6s and 6 Penta TP and laid them out in a line without looking as I set them up with no markings up and then proceeded to putt them 1 at a time each time with eyes closed. I was able to correctly pick which ball without hesitation. I for one like a bit of a clicky sound with my Ghost putter so it was different. Funny but speed control did not seem to be an issue?
Just my early thoughts and can't wait to get out on the course to give them a true test.

Attachments

• thp_e6_sm.jpg
    thp_e6_sm.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 0
Nice review Ryan. The proof is in the 75 you shot today. I thought for sure I would continue to game the 330-RX but I need to take a look at the new E6.

2013 Bridgestone e6 Review - Full Round

The 2013 Bridgestone e6 got put in to play today for my full round, from tee to green, it was the ball I used for my entire round. Wanted to really get a feel for this one over the course of an entire round.

STRAIGHT DISTANCE - Right on the box, there it is; Straight Distance. A lot of balls offer up claims of being straighter and longer. My goal today, was to put it to the test. Off the tee, I usually see a good bit of left to right movement with my ball, and distance off the tee isnt something that I brag about. The 2013 e6 lived up to it's name in a big way today... 11/14 fairways off the tee with the e6. And my misses werent overly penalizing, in fact, I had no penalty strokes today off the tee. Distance? About that... Like I said, distance isnt something I brag about, but my longest tee shot today was measured via GPS at 273 yards, with wet fairways and little to no roll out, I'll take that every single time! I found myself to be far more accurate off the tee today, between a tweak in my setup and the e6, I had the utmost confidence when teeing off.

Will I see less spin? A lot of times when looking at balls that promote a straight ball flight, the first thought people will have is that the spin reduction they will see in their iron game and short game will be significantly less. With that said, I am not a high spin player with my irons and wedges, I can get the amount of spin I need when it is called for, but on routine shots in to the green, I do not typically see a lot of spin. So, what would the e6 show me? As I posted in my original review for shots around the green and from 150 yards and in, I saw decent spin, and the ball was usually within a foot or so of it's mark. Same held true for my round today. A few shots come to mind that I want to highlight for you all;
  • Longer Par 4, was just over 160 yards out. Pin was in the back of the green today. Pulled 7iron hoping to land the green and hold it. High ball flight, with a steep trajectory downward, landed the center of the green and held it's mark.
  • 136 yards out, needing to carry a bunker to get to the pin. Hit a full PW and landed pin high to the left. The ball landed, and then stopped dead in it's tracks. Took a picture of the result;
7F2FC863-orig.jpg

Ball Flight - One of my biggest struggles in this great game of Golf is often my ball flight. Line drives, they hate me, I hate them, and I have worked my tail off over the past year to rid myself of them. Equipment change, shaft change, you name it, I've tried it. Enter...e6. On the course today, I hit some towering shots that just looked incredible. Quick off the club face to get in to the air, sharp trajectory upward that seemed to keep climbing. Off the tee, my ball flight with the CG Black driver that I play was something that had me grinning. A nice trajectory that carried upward on a nice path that promoted great distance. Irons and wedges offered more of the same, high ball flight. In my opinion, with my irons and wedges, this ball flight is what helped promote the spin, or the "quick stop" when hitting in to the greens. The trajectory of the ball flight downward allowed for the ball to land and stop quickly, without seeing much, if any, roll out.

On the green? Around the green? Short game and putting. For short pitches and touch shots, my usual approach is to get the ball on the ground as quickly as possible and allow for the roll out to get it close. That's exactly the approach I had with the e6 today. Main reason for this approach is because I have been struggling with my green side game. I found that the e6 responded well to this shot, was quick off my wedge and was rolling quick once it landed. Twice today I had short chips that required a shot over a sand bunker, so my approach was a bit different. I was pleased to see that when the shot demanded it, I could get the ball up in the air and rely on a bit of spin to stop the ball and leave me with a result that was more than manageable. I talked about my feel about the e6 off the putter in my initial review, and after playing this ball on 18 different greens today, the though remains the same. A nice, muted sound off the putter face gives the ball a smooth feel when rolling it with the putter. I prefer a ball that is quite off the putter face vs a ball that offers an audible clicky sound, and the e6 gives me that audible feedback that I like.

Parting Shots - The e6 performed today like I expected it to. I have played the e6 for a few years now, and it is a ball that has always been more than reliable for me. Soft feel off the tee box that offers good distance with great accuracy. If I could sum the 2013 e6 up in one word, for me, it would be "predictable." I know what to expect out of this ball. I wasnt left with a head scratched today trying to figure out what I had just witnessed. Predictable, reliable results...that's what you will find with the e6. My opinion on the e6 is that so many golfers, of varying levels could benefit from having this ball in play. The e6 being a bit softer allows for easier compression, and gives you that feedback of feel from the tee that you have just connected well with the ball and that your results will be as you expect.

Looking forward to getting back out with the e6. Having been a big fan over the previous models of the e6, I can honestly say that I love the way that the e-Series is evolving.

Great review. It's so cold here and it usually isn't this cold so I'm dying to get in 18 with this ball. The E6 had been my favorite ball if the year so I'm looking forward to a full round if comparison.

I just got my chance to go out and test these for 9 holes at Presidio GC in San Francisco. It rained yesterday so wasn't the ideal conditions, but played lift, clean, and place to get a better idea of ball flight. Distance was certainly stunted, as it was so muddy there was no roll and sometimes the drives even checked up, depending on the slope.

Background:

I am a 20 handicap who plays about 1 time a week. I change the ball I play quite a bit, always wanting to test new and different things. Lately I have been playing the Titliest Pro V1x and having pretty good results with it.

Equipment:

Driver: r11s 9.5 neutral
Woods: RBZ 3
Hybrid: RBZ 4
Wedges: Taylormade TP 52, 56, 60
Irons: r11

Thoughts:

I tweak the brand/type of balls I play quite a bit. I have played the 330rx and played pretty well with it. When I did the online testing it recommended either the 330rx or the e6, so was excited when I got the e6 to demo.

I have quite an outside in swing, so I tend to slice the ball as far as my normal shot shape. Been working on that quite a bit so it has been more of a fade than a direct slice. I found the e6 very easy to control off the tee, as most of my drives had a slight L to R shape, or were rather straight. I didn't have the distance that I normally did with the Pro v1x, but would gladly sacrifice that for better control off the tee. There were a few hits that seemed to come off strange, but being a 20 handicap I certainly can't put that on the ball I was playing.

I hit my irons fairly consistently, although a bit shorter as noted above. It was a different sound coming off, which made it difficult for me to tell if I had hit it square or accurately judge the distance. Certainly understandable when playing something new.

I think that my most noticeable difference was with my wedges, both full as well as chipping. The distance seemed much shorter, and my chips/pitches were coming up shorter than they normally are. Without help from a camera, it was hard to tell if they were checking up, not releasing, or something else.

One significant difference that I noticed was that the flight was straight, or even had a draw on some full shots. That is very unusual for me and seemed like it was an aberration. However I set up a few times from #4, which is an elevated par 3, and was greeted with a significant draw each time. That was essentially the only time that I hit the ball with that shot shape, but would love to do it again and it will require some more testing to figure out what exactly was going on.

Putting:

This is the one area where I have an issue with these balls, as well as other models in the E series. I draw a line on my balls for purposes of lining them up, however the E series has a half arrow when it comes to that. I normally like to draw the line along the equator of the brand mark, but with the e6, there is a half arrow there which leaves it looking odd when addressing the ball.

Final Thoughts:

I have played Bridgestone's before and have been very happy with my experience. I look forward to playing a few more rounds with the e6's and giving them more of a test out in the field. I wound up shooting a 45 on my 9 holes. I started with 5 bogeys, then blew up with a triple, but finished with 2 pars. As with all new gear, hard to tell what all that means. Might be that I was adjusting to it and played it better. Might be that I was just getting warmed up after 7 holes. Either way, I am looking forward to getting out again and testing the e6's so that I can give them a more thorough run through and see if they play well for me, and hopefully add more insight to all you THPers our there.

Cheers,

HadSolo

Nice review Ryan. The proof is in the 75 you shot today. I thought for sure I would continue to game the 330-RX but I need to take a look at the new E6.

I feel the same way Howzat. I switched from the e6 to the 330-RX last August and I'm now wondering if the E6 is the better ball for me.

Played again yesterday which was my third round with this ball. Winds were 14mph gusting to 25mph with temps around 50° and I played at Monroe Golf and Country Club, Monroe, GA.

My husband and I joined this club a few months ago and I have really struggled getting used to the elevation changes, bermuda rough and fast bent greens. My handicap has gone up about 7 strokes in 3 months but I'm starting to do better. Today I shot my best score of 85 on our new course with this ball.

Driver: Straight shots with really good distance. The trajectory was mid flight, not really high like I can get at times with my Lady Precept ball.

Approach shots: My trajectory was a little higher today but still not as high as the Precept ball I usually play. Our greens are pretty soft but this ball didn't check up. My husband was testing his e6 ball too and we both noticed that it had run out a good bit (probably 15') from where our ball mark was. What was funny was the comparison was being made when we both had birdie putts on a par 3 and both made birdie. Knowing I can get 10-15' of roll after an approach shot isn't a bad thing as long as I know I will get it.

Chipping: I really like this ball around the greens because I like to get my ball onto the green and let it roll out. I had another chip in today! That makes 3 in 3 rounds using this ball.

Putting: This is my weakest area right now. I had four 3 putts today. I still like the feel of this ball off my putter. It is fairly soft and not "clicky" at all. Our greens are just so difficult for me to figure out.

I like this ball in the wind because the trajectory is a bit lower than my usual ball and it didn't seem to get taken by the wind at all today.

I got the 2013 version of the e6 last week but due to family commitments and work, I haven’t been able to test the ball out on the course. This is my first ever attempt at testing and I thank THP and Bridgestone for this opportunity.

As I am in the process of getting back to playing after many years off, I have been testing equipment and golf balls to suit my swing. Prior to being approved for this test, I was doing my own testing with 2012 version of the e6 and the Wilson 50 elite so I will be able to use the results from my prior testing.
So yesterday, I was finally free to play some golf but unfortunately, Mother Nature had other ideas. I woke up yesterday morning expecting a cloudy day but was instead greeted by rain. As a result, I was only able to play 9 holes.

Driver: I wasn’t able to test the e6 with the driver due to some fundamental flaw in my swing that results in some wild and crazy slices off the tee. I could spray both the ball and the clubface with Teflon and the ball would still only go 100 yards forward then veer off another 100 yards towards the right.

3-wood: I couldn’t really tell if it was any softer than last year’s e6 but boy, when I hit this ball pure, it just flew off the club face. Twice yesterday, on a 351- and on a 362-yard par 4s, I hit the ball each time about 10-20 yards past the 150-yard marker. I think those shots were the longest I've ever hit a 3 wood.

As with last year’s version of the e6, the current version helped decrease the severity of my slices. I found more fairways today than in the past and when I did miss the fairways, I found myself mostly in the short rough and not in middle of the woods.

Irons: Again, the severity of my slice was greatly reduced when using my irons. Distance wise, I am noticing just a slight increase in distance, maybe a few yards or so. On a 98 yard par 3, I hit the ball over the green using a PW where I used to just hit the ball barely onto the green in the past.

Putter: I can’t really tell the difference on softness of the putter compared to last year’s version using the putter. However, yesterday, I was rolling the ball better compared to last year’s version which resulted in more 1- and 2-putts yesterday. One of my main complaints with the previous version of the e 6 was my inability to manage distance control while putting. Yesterday, I did not have that problem. Now, this could be the result of the fact that I may have finally got the hang of how fast the ball rolls on the green from my previous testing.

Overall, I love this ball. This will definitely be in my bag for the foreseeable future as it really does reduce the severity of my slice. I will still need to do some more testing, hopefully under better weather, especially with regards to chipping. Yesterday, my chipping was horrible that I wasn’t able to accurately judge how much the ball rolls on the greens. This was another one of my main complaint with last year’s version. Now, I do hope they make this ball in yellow as I’m a big fan of yellow golf balls.

Oh, sorry if this review is a bit on the long side. This is my first time after all.

Appreciate all the updates from everyone. Sounds like some pretty mixed reviews, which isnt surprising given how great the previous version was. I'll be interested to see if this iteration can keep up around the green when the temps warm up, the greens get firmer, and they roll a bit quicker.

Kelly - Chip ins rule. Great work!

Great review. It's so cold here and it usually isn't this cold so I'm dying to get in 18 with this ball. The E6 had been my favorite ball if the year so I'm looking forward to a full round if comparison.
Im thinking you will like them buddy!
Played again yesterday which was my third round with this ball. Winds were 14mph gusting to 25mph with temps around 50° and I played at Monroe Golf and Country Club, Monroe, GA.

My husband and I joined this club a few months ago and I have really struggled getting used to the elevation changes, bermuda rough and fast bent greens. My handicap has gone up about 7 strokes in 3 months but I'm starting to do better. Today I shot my best score of 85 on our new course with this ball.

Driver: Straight shots with really good distance. The trajectory was mid flight, not really high like I can get at times with my Lady Precept ball.

Approach shots: My trajectory was a little higher today but still not as high as the Precept ball I usually play. Our greens are pretty soft but this ball didn't check up. My husband was testing his e6 ball too and we both noticed that it had run out a good bit (probably 15') from where our ball mark was. What was funny was the comparison was being made when we both had birdie putts on a par 3 and both made birdie. Knowing I can get 10-15' of roll after an approach shot isn't a bad thing as long as I know I will get it.

Chipping: I really like this ball around the greens because I like to get my ball onto the green and let it roll out. I had another chip in today! That makes 3 in 3 rounds using this ball.

Putting: This is my weakest area right now. I had four 3 putts today. I still like the feel of this ball off my putter. It is fairly soft and not "clicky" at all. Our greens are just so difficult for me to figure out.

I like this ball in the wind because the trajectory is a bit lower than my usual ball and it didn't seem to get taken by the wind at all today.
KB- Comparing them to your usual gamer, and it's a tough thing to describe in a review, but how would you compare the feel off the tee? Harder/softer than your usual?

These reviews have me pretty excited about this ball. From a guy who can put a bit (more like a lot!) of side spin on the ball, the proof that this ball really minimizes that has me pumped. I know some folks have had problems with roll out, when it comes to my short game, I feel like that plays into my style a bit more then maybe other golfers. I have always had quite a bit of roll out around the greens so I've gotten used to accounting for that. I am pretty excited to get a chance to test a few of these out when warmer weather decides to show up.

Keep it up guys, this is one of the threads I enjoy reading quite a bit.

great writeup war, I totally agree with your sentiments about the ball being "predictable" as that pretty much sums it up.

I still think this one is a tad longer than previous models, I'll be interested to see if I find that to be true in future testing as well as with others reviews that have played both balls before

7 irons - Balls used were 2013 e6, 2011 e6, 2011 e5, and Srixon Q-Star. This is a 5 ball average, including mishits, which were mostly thins. This was after a quick warm-up and the results are in the order that I hit them.

2013 e6

Carry: 162
Offline: 5y L
Launch Angle: 19.3
Desc Angle: 40.2
Back Spin: 4348
Side Spin: 134 R
Side Angle: 2.2 L
2011 e6

Offline: 4R
Ball Speed: 108
Launch Angle: 19.6
Desc Angle: 39.0
Back Spin: 4052
Side Spin: 0
Side Angle: 2.2R

What's that tell me? Not much I guess. Everything is so close that I think I could do the same test tomorrow and see similar and one could be a hair longer or spinnier or higher launching. Shot shape started to change a bit as I got loosened up.

I play the e6 and finding all the reviews great so thanx to all and while having a personal interest in the ball I'm trying to make sense of the reviews. So forgive me for analyzing and commenting my thoughts between reviews but in the end I would think thats why we do this?

Even thought different club used I find a trend here with your tests vs with what Shakey did as well on his monitor testing. Again (like shakey) the 2011e6 showing less spin then the 2013e6. I would think the same as I commented after viewing shakeys test would also be the case here with yours. Less spin (correct if I'm wrong) should result in overall less movement left or right which tells me the 2011e6 should be better at holding a straight line vs the 2013e6 which is the primary thing this ball is marketed as doing. On Shakey's test, he even on average hit the 2011 with a higher launch than the 2013 which could have resulted in higher spin but still ended up with less spin than the 2013.

I'm no expert on this at all but does my logic make sense to anyone? If so I'd have to say the 2011 would be better at obtaining its marketed goal than the its newer brother.

I also wonder again as posted earlier if its the softer compression thats causing this and if they did it to try to make the ball more green friendly vs the 2011 which was its most talked about negative but as we all know everything is a trade off.

rollin, the only thing I'd say is those numbers are so close that they could flip flop pretty easily. I was putting a little fade spin on the ball with the 2013 and that typically will coincide with a little more back spin from what I've seen in the past.

Back