Vijay Singh caught with HGH alternative

A simple google search pulls this up as well as a ton of others. I have a very difficult time believing he didn't know what he was rubbing on himself lol.

" IGF-1 has been banned by the NFL as well as other professional sports leagues due to its anabolic effects on muscle growth.IGF-1, or insulin-like growth factor, is a hormone that the liver produces from the HGH hormone. Human Growth Hormones (HGH) are primarily produced by the pituitary gland and serve a wide variety of health-enhancing beneficial factors and contributing elements to whole body wellness.
Deer antler spray, is designed to increase lean muscle mass and improve stamina
However, as the body ages, the levels of HGH and IGF-1 become significantly lower. Studies have confirmed that the presence of IGF-1 (derived from deer antler velvet extract) in the body actually encourages the repair and growth of muscles.

I did this yesterday and knew right away this was something he should have questioned

Society is getting numb when it comes to athletes using a performance enhancing drug. These guys are making a living playing a sport, call it entertainment or what ever. If its deemed illegal by the powers that be then its illegal. I'd a member of the military uses an illegal substance they are discharged. A swift harsh punishment is the only way to nip this in the bud.

Funny because I was just talking to a member of the military who is dating a coworker. He laughed about this and stated everyone is doing this stuff in particular.

Are you saying that the guys who are taking PEDS are not working hard? They are doing the workouts otherwise they are just taking some crap and pissing it out for the fun of it. They are still working hard, they are just taking something that will enhance the workout. I don't see a problem with it because again, it's their long term health. If they choose to forego that for the short term strength I don't see how I should tell them that they can't. Personally I would not do it because I want to live a long life with my kids and I don't want my kids taking that stuff either.

I'm saying that its cheating. If a player is working hard in the gym, gets to the course and still can't hit his driver past 250 or whatever number you want to put there, then I guess he should either work harder or resign to the fact that 250 might just be his best. If that same guy the next year is pounding it 330 because of PEDs then I'd say he didn't work as hard as he thinks and that having that "boost" is clearly a result of PEDs and NOT hard work.

I'm saying that its cheating. If a player is working hard in the gym, gets to the course and still can't hit his driver past 250 or whatever number you want to put there, then I guess he should either work harder or resign to the fact that 250 might just be his best. If that same guy the next year is pounding it 330 because of PEDs then I'd say he didn't work as hard as he thinks and that having that "boost" is clearly a result of PEDs and NOT hard work.

OK then

I will never be able to subscribe to the thought of disposable heroes, primarily because that's not the era I was raised in and secondly because I think that where there is a will there is a way without cheating.( and I think this crap is cheating) I could never imagine living with myself knowing I won something or I beat someone by using a substance either not allowed or questionable. Many folks said that they are competing for huge money, all the more reason to make sure it's done by the books. Cheating is for

Last edited:
Funny because I was just talking to a member of the military who is dating a coworker. He laughed about this and stated everyone is doing this stuff in particular.

Im not shocked, I wonder if the military has deemed this substance illegal though. My comparison was more towards the wording "illegal" than the actual substance itself

I'd take some IGF-1 to help repair my shoulder.

Rules are rules, I suppose. And, apparently, Vijay broke a rule and will have to pay a price. But, personally, I don't have a problem with it. Non-issue to me.

DJ got suspended and they called it a Jet Ski incident. The PGATour blows.
As for the PGA calling a Jet Ski accident for DJ... If they are part & parcel of a blatant lie/cover up they are doing a disservice to the integrity of the game. I do know they do not reveal punishment of players. So, if they suspend him & his people then say DJ had an accident, does the PGA repeat the story(do they KNOW he is hurt?) or do they give a no comment. Tough call

Whoa never heard this DJ story ??

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I did this yesterday and knew right away this was something he should have questioned

Should Amino Vital and coffee be on banned?

Society is getting numb when it comes to athletes using a performance enhancing drug. These guys are making a living playing a sport, call it entertainment or what ever. If its deemed illegal by the powers that be then its illegal. I'd a member of the military uses an illegal substance they are discharged. A swift harsh punishment is the only way to nip this in the bud.

It depends on the substance. The soldier would receive written punishment (AR-15), loss of pay, possibly some time in a military jail, and/or a reduction in rank.

I'd take some IGF-1 to help repair my shoulder.

I should have taken down a big buck and chewed on his horns a few years back . Maybe my bum right knee would have repaired itself, instead of going through two surgeries and now needing a third.

After reading a good bit on deer antler spray, I can't put this in the same category as steroids and those types of PEDs. Hell, they may as well put Aleve and Ibuprofen on the list. I know I couldn't play without those.

hope everyone dont think vijay is the only professional golfer using or has used performance enhancers. i would guess if a random drug test was done on everyone in the field that the field would be cut in half. did i hear he paid like 9000 for this stuff. if thats so he really got screwed lol.

Can this stuff even make it through into the body from ingestion? It seems like it'd be more effective via injection if it were even going to do anything.

no lol there wouldnt be enough in it this stuff to do anything but make him think its doing something. wich can sometimes help a lot. thats the sad part if this is all he done he put hisself in a bad situation for nothing.

hope everyone dont think vijay is the only professional golfer using or has used performance enhancers. i would guess if a random drug test was done on everyone in the field that the field would be cut in half. did i hear he paid like 9000 for this stuff. if thats so he really got screwed lol.
More money than sense...

I hope he's not taking ground up sea horses too

I think he is goin to have to be punished because he confessed to using a banned product but 1. i dont think it gave him a performance edge 2. you cant prove it if he wants to challenge it.

Needs to jumped on. They have made the rules and the list. It's meaningless if they are not enforced. The players were informed of the list and surely should be professional enough to make sure they are clean. Did he gain an advantage? I doubt it. Should the substance be on the list? I have no idea. But, it is on the list, he has broken the rule and should be punished. The UK commentary team were talking about the irony that Mark Calcavecchia was a brand ambassador for the supplier, so I would have to guess VJ is not the only player using this stuff...

I think he is goin to have to be punished because he confessed to using a banned product but 1. i dont think it gave him a performance edge 2. you cant prove it if he wants to challenge it.
of course it helped his performance. He's 49 and still hits balls like he is 30.

Needs to jumped on. They have made the rules and the list. It's meaningless if they are not enforced. The players were informed of the list and surely should be professional enough to make sure they are clean. Did he gain an advantage? I doubt it. Should the substance be on the list? I have no idea. But, it is on the list, he has broken the rule and should be punished. The UK commentary team were talking about the irony that Mark Calcavecchia was a brand ambassador for the supplier, so I would have to guess VJ is not the only player using this stuff...
he gained an advantage, he was on a extensive cycle that included more than the spray

Can this stuff even make it through into the body from ingestion? It seems like it'd be more effective via injection if it were even going to do anything.
It works both ways

I think his intention was to gain an advantage with an illegal substance, and that to me is more damaging than what he used.

Last edited:
From a performance perspective, this is exactly the kind of PED that would help Vjay. It would not make him better in a tournament, by itself. It doesn't improve skill. It would give him the ability to practice longer. IGF-1 is a chain of 70 amino acids that are produced naturally by the liver. As you grow older, your body stops producing them. Does this sound like the PED for Vjay? I believe he knew what he was doing, this is not just a home remedy. Deer Antler by-product is just one way to get it. Most of the products that contain this say so on the front of the containers. I looked up several of them, when I was researching what he took.

Freddie, you are correct on all counts. This would not be real effective for Rory, but, might have real benefits for Vjay. Using this stuff without medical supervision increases the risk of cancer, diabetes and other side effects. He is not just ignorant, he is ..... well I will let you fill in the blank.

no in the form it was in it would not survive the first pass thru the liver if injested.

Back