What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not today, but on Friday I got some plane tickets to Florida...the trip is in October, but still :D An annual trip with about 12 dudes to play some golf!

Terrible range session!

To the course tomorrow. I think I'll just take a totally different set of irons. That way, today never happened!

J.

I love Ross. Love.

u5e2ynav.jpg

5unedyne.jpg

Nice find JMan! I need to do that more often.

Holy crap Jman! That's a hell of a steal.

Wish there was a Ross near us we can usually get some decent stuff at tj maxx , them and there suggested retail prices make me laugh

for a second I thought Jman was talking about the guy from Friends

Just picked up a Mint set of R11's (5-PW) at Globalgolf for $310...
The hunt is now on for a 3W or 4W

Awesome buddy, what shaft?

Bought some Razr Fit Xtreme drivers, some GD AD DI new shafts and had some fun while doing it!

Sweet find. Is Ross like Marshals?

Ross is like Marshalls and Tj Maxx....you can find some nice stuff for cheap there....i snagged a 60 dollar Nike belt that was for 15 bucks and selling right over at Dicks a store over for the full price and 10 bucks on their best Nike golf towels available they make and see stuff like this from even the tour performance line and TW line all the time for cheap....most the stuff is perfect too and no needing to look for imperfections or it will actually state it! Around my way we get Fendi 600 dollar priced bags for ladies on sale from 2100 bucks and other high end stuff as well as really high end POLO you do not even see at our local Macy's, like racing vests and stuff that are 300 new for 100 still from the maxx or Marshalls! The bigger the area or the right area really has a lot to do with it! i find great deals all the time at Tj Maxx! In fact all the rich people in my area flock to these stores and eat up the deals!

Yes sir and Dean has it right....I go big or go home! I buy in multiple lofts and different shaft offerings and have a problem with it but....I do it!....funny though I stay with one putter....that was my goal to get some new putters like a bettinardi and a whitlam, protype black, I have had the same mil spec for over a decade!

Freaking golf show is killing me !!!!! Let's see picked up (2) new FootJoy Spidr2 gloves, dozen slightly used Callaway Hex Chrome, (2) AlmostGOLF balls &
an Ohio State ball marker.....oh, and I followed the wife's advice to "pick up something for yourself for your upcoming birthday" ...which I did!!! a
3H & 4H Taylormade Rescue 11 hybrids...from the golf fitter I use...gave me a good deal (they were labeled as demo but were stuck in the back of his shop brand spanking new!!! ...and switched the shaft on one to make sure it was the same for both....I know, I know, "pick up something" sounds like 1 item....but then I'd have a gap in my set!!

then since the hybrids didn't have headcovers (and I didn't like what I saw at the show) I stopped by my local golfsmith and snagged 2 headcovers...one
being out of the used bin for $5 ( the EXACT type for that model/make of hybrid) and capped off my buying spree by grapping a 52 degree Vokey Wedge
out of the used section...great shape and they knocked a few bucks off extra...thank god I had money still left on my golfsmith cards..

whew....I need a beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buying one driver is for rookies.

HAHA I like this comment...I bought all the new drivers I liked and a few of them...I get deals on them though....so....it helps a little and I can only really tell on a course with what I am playing how it is going to treat me! I need true conditions, I could stand on a trackman all day long outdoors and still not feel like I did myself justice other then get accurate numbers but the performance and confidence on the course could be completely different!

Yes sir and Dean has it right....I go big or go home! I buy in multiple lofts and different shaft offerings and have a problem with it but....I do it!....funny though I stay with one putter....that was my goal to get some new putters like a bettinardi and a whitlam, protype black, I have had the same mil spec for over a decade!
That's awesome dude! Which lofts did you get, and if any of them are over 10.5*, I hope it doesnt work so you can offload it in my direction!

After a long winded week+ multiple destination B&M bounce a thon, I came away today with a couple gems. I had narrowed the list down to 6 candidates R1, RFE, AMP Cell and Pro, Nike Covert Pro, XHot, and the Adams Super LS...not really in that order. I finally found a single location that had everything available, Golf Smith but was not feeling well enough to tackle it yesterday. I have posted in various threads that the R1 was leading the way and may convert me to TM, but this mornings experience made me rethink that. Won't go into detail, but the Rep at the PGASS added a very bad representation of the brand to this consumer. Off I left to GS.

The clubs I decided upon were not the longest by a good 15yds, but were very consistent and reliable distance wise. It seemed as if I had been looking at numbers much like a tax accountant will be doing shortly, very mind draining and thought provoking. My first choice was the Pro model because they were so close, and went to check out thinking what benefits were between the two being worth $100. No was my answer and went back again to the numbers game for a good 30 more minutes. Finally making up my mind that the regular version was for me, very forgiving and distance was great. It was nice to have my AMP/Basha combo there for comparisons.

I came prepared with some clubs I had purchased used around town at the B&M's pre-owned and from ebay (actually made some money on the trade in's here). I also had the VRs driver from last years dive into the deep end and my Odyssey putter that has been replaced by that beautiful SeeMore. I shopped around at the various locations for trade in values and even with some offering the 50% bonus trade-in, GS gave me the best bang for the trade. I decided to make the jump today since the information thay were using for trade values had a date of November of 2012 on it. May not have made much difference a month down the road, but couldn't resist talking myself into making the move today. After all the trades and purchases, I walked out of GS with these two gems for just under $80. I stopped off at Dicks and grabbed some Gamer Tours to try out as well.
Spoiler
IMAG1051.jpg

Spoiler
IMAG1052.jpg

Almost forgot, went by GG and the people I had visited several times during the week let me do the R1 Challange:

IMAG1055.jpg

EDIT: The R1 was the leading contender up until today, but even the RFE took over second place on a non stellar swing day. Seems more important to me since I'm not close to being 100% all the time. Especially with the Cell being a close contender on my good days during the last week. Hence the jump from ponder to purchase flop.

Last edited:
I bet he got an extra one for me!

I can get you a good deal on one if you let me know what you want or like! Exotic shaft upgrades stay the same pretty much though!

That's awesome dude! Which lofts did you get, and if any of them are over 10.5*, I hope it doesnt work so you can offload it in my direction!

8.5 and 2 9.5 and buying a 10.5 all in the xtreme and hav 2 913's d3 and d2 in 9.5 and about to possibly pick up a nike covert tour! i will let you know....new prices are not that bad...I am talking like 330 new! No taxes! Got to go eat some dinner, almost let me baked chicken burn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back