Are Rocetballz and Rocetblades delofted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying that weighting has no bearing on launch?

What about clubhead speed, compression, spring effect, aerodynamics of the ball.........yep mathematics.

If it's true for one club, it's true for another. If you change any of these for one and don't change it for another, then there will be a variance.

Once again, if you have a Taylormade and a Callaway side by side with identical length, identical loft, identical weight, identical shaft and you use the exact same ball the launch angle will be the same (if hit by a robot)...

Are you saying that weighting has no bearing on launch?

Yeah, that is what he is saying. It's about as dumb as saying perimeter weighting and varying face thickness has no effect on forgiveness of a club.

If it's true for one club, it's true for another. If you change any of these for one and don't change it for another, then there will be a variance.

Once again, if you have a Taylormade and a Callaway side by side with identical length, identical loft, identical weight, identical shaft and you use the exact same ball the launch angle will be the same (if hit by a robot)...

Agreed, if you standardize the variables, the results will be the same. We are not talking about that. We are talking about changed variables, based on design.

Identical weight as in total weight, or weight meaning the exact same location of the exact same amount of weight.

Apples and oranges.

Have you hit the RocketBladez? Hit the 6 iron and compare it to your 5 iron. See which goes farther.

CG has a huge effect on launch angle

What about the center of gravity? Or the thickness of the face? I assume they'd have to be the same as well?

What about the center of gravity? Or the thickness of the face? I assume they'd have to be the same as well?

That doesn't matter because robots don't need forgiveness :alien:

What if one is forged and the other is cast?

:D

So basically take the same exact club, and paint TaylorMade on one and Callaway on the other ;)

What if one is forged and the other is cast?

:D

Forged must go farther because tour pros use forged and they are more expensive so they must be better.

In all seriousness, modern club technology has so many factors that saying one of them is the primary reason for distance is ridiculous.

Forged must go farther because tour pros use forged and they are more expensive so they must be better.
Only goes further if it says Tour Issue on it :clap:

Guys, I don't think either side of this debate need to belittle the other, so let's all keep it polite if possible.

I know that I launch one brand's 30.5° 7 iron almost identically to another brand's 33° 7 iron. Of course, there are human elements to that.

Guys, I don't think either side of this debate need to belittle the other, so let's all keep it polite if possible.

I know that I launch one brand's 30.5° 7 iron almost identically to another brand's 33° 7 iron. Of course, there are human elements to that.

Because the CG is most likely much lower on the 30.5*.

This. Having a launch monitor at disposal makes this quite easy to figure out. I know you have tested this quite a bit during the iron testing on the launch monitor and come away with these results.

Hawk has a launch monitor in his basement/garage? wow

First of all, the assumption that I use and iron for my ego is incorrect. I go find the easiest to hit clubs I can find and then gap my clubs accordingly. I don't care what someone else hits. Technically it is cheating to ask. I want 10 to 15 yds. between clubs. I go from my 58 through my 3 hybrid. There is a gap between my 3 hybrid and my 3 wood. I can live with that. My bag set up is completely built around yardages, not, if the club is stronger or weaker. I don't care what the number on the club says. That is the problem with the whole thread. You play golf to yardages. If you build your bag properly, why does it matter?

Phil. I never meantto imply that your ego played any role. If you took it that way, my apologies.
I was , simpluy commenting on the guys I see do this.

Hawk has a launch monitor in his basement/garage? wow

He has access to one for all of his reviews. Almost every one includes real data, as all of us use to work with in our home page reviews and forum testing to provide actual info for people.

Phil. I never meantto imply that your ego played any role. If you took it that way, my apologies.
I was , simpluy commenting on the guys I see do this.

No issues Arnold. I am not upset at all. The tone of the thread is subjective. I was just using to emphasize that gaps and dispersion are more important than the number on the club.

He has access to one for all of his reviews. Almost every one includes real data, as all of us use to work with in our home page reviews and forum testing to provide actual info for people.

As if actual info and hard data have any value....

Pshaw!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back