Are Rocetballz and Rocetblades delofted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=2]Are Rocetballz and Rocetblades delofted?[/h]I was trying the Ping i20's and hit the 7 iron about 160-65. Then the salesman asked me to try the Rocektblades. They went 180, but launched 6 degrees lower.
If these are delofted and with a lower trajectory, I think they would hinder scoring.
Just curious if other have noticed the low filght and increased distance and if it is attributable to delofting.
i am re-quoting the original question. and realizing that the post asks 2 questions
1. Are Rocketballz and Rocketblades delofted?
2. if other have noticed the low filght and increased distance and if it is attributable to delofting?

for that I think we have said and agreed some and disagreed some but more or less
answer to Q1. compare to older taylormade iron sets with same numbered iron (say Rcket 7 iron and older TM 7 iron) then Rocket irons are delofted
answer to Q2. as you have seen so far in this thread, there are more things involved but delofting is one of them

I was trying the Ping i20's and hit the 7 iron about 160-65. Then the salesman asked me to try the Rocektblades. They went 180, but launched 6 degrees lower.
If these are delofted and with a lower trajectory, I think they would hinder scoring.
Just curious if other have noticed the low filght and increased distance and if it is attributable to delofting.

OP originally asked this. The answer is an EMPHATIC YES!!! Less loft equals more distance. Not to mention the Taylormade irons have longer shafts, different weighting, etc, etc.

For all you guys who think that loft has nothing to do with distance or launch, please save some money and buy just a single iron-club and TIN CUP your way around the course... :beat-up:

wiggles.. you and I think alike :) and posted basically at the same time.. are you my long lost twin? :)

OP originally asked this. The answer is an EMPHATIC YES!!! Less loft equals more distance. Not to mention the Taylormade irons have longer shafts, different weighting, etc, etc.

For all you guys who think that loft has nothing to do with distance or launch, please save some money and buy just a single iron-club and TIN CUP your way around the course... :beat-up:

Who said that?

Loft is a part of the equation, but your premise that two identically lofted irons will have the same exact launch conditions is not true.

Nobody claimed that loft had nothing to do with distance, but it's certainly not the only factor.

Boy this thread took a detour lol.

i am re-quoting the original question. and realizing that the post asks 2 questions
1. Are Rocketballz and Rocketblades delofted?
2. if other have noticed the low filght and increased distance and if it is attributable to delofting?

for that I think we have said and agreed some and disagreed some but more or less
answer to Q1. compare to older taylormade iron sets with same numbered iron (say Rcket 7 iron and older TM 7 iron) then Rocket irons are delofted
answer to Q2. as you have seen so far in this thread, there are more things involved but delofting is one of them
I like this post :)

Who said that?

Loft is a part of the equation, but your premise that two identically lofted irons will have the same exact launch conditions is not true.

Yes, they will launch at the same angle of degree...

Nobody claimed that loft had nothing to do with distance, but it's certainly not the only factor.

Most have claimed that loft does not equate iron number, launch does. My sole argument is that as loft changes so does launch, all things being equal.

So loft does equal iron number (or should anyway)...

The smarminess isn't really needed either. I can talk about it without stooping there, so you should be able to as well.

Yes, they will launch at the same angle of degree...

Most have claimed that loft does not equate iron number, launch does. My sole argument is that as loft changes so does launch, all things being equal.

Even with a different center of gravity?

I know that's what you've argued. The problem is that all things aren't equal.

wiggles.. you and I think alike :) and posted basically at the same time.. are you my long lost twin? :)

Thanks ND, I was beginning to think my protractor had broke... :wink:

Ok, let me throw this out there.

If an OEM TRULY wanted their GI club (RBZ max, CG16, etc.) to help the average golfer get the ball in the air easier - why would they not incorporate a low CG design with the same loft as a 'players' club. This would give that average golfer looking for more height the benefit of a lower CG AS WELL AS the benefit of a 'traditional' loft.

To put it another way, is the OEM is providing the average golfer looking for an easier clubhead design to get the ball in the air with a lower CG, but then strengthening the loft and taking away the added beneift of that launch. When you combine that with a longer shaft you get the average golfer going to a store, hitting his old 7 iron against the new 7 iron and seeing similar launch, yes, but increased distance at the expense of accuracy. Why the loss of accuracy? Because of the longer shaft combined with the lower loft (the lower the loft the more sidespin).

Maybe I'm way off here, but I thought it was worth putting it out there.

I know that's what you've argued. The problem is that all things aren't equal.

If weight, loft, lie, length, shaft, ball, etc. are not equal, then it cannot be quantified...

Is this true for irons only or all clubs? Because I can tell you that for myself an many other THPers, double digit driver lofts up to 12 or 13 degrees give us more distance than say an 8.5*.

If weight, loft, lie, length, shaft, ball, etc. are not equal, then it cannot be quantified...

Precisely the point. All things are not equal in the iron world. Every set is different. If you take a stock 6 iron and the same iron bent 2* strong a robot will hit the strong one farther. But humans aren't robots.

Unless they're equal they can't be quantified? Are you serious?

Everything can be quantified. That's why the simplified argument of "Equal lofts should mean equal distance" is wrong.

Loft along with Shaft , CG, Face thickness, Shaft flex, Swing Speed .... all have impact on Launch angle none is more important than the other

Then it's a red herring.

Weighting is different. Center of gravity is different. Yes, two identical iron heads in identical situations would perform identically. That's not reality though.

Loft along with Shaft , CG, Face thickness, Shaft flex, Swing Speed .... all have impact on Launch angle none is more important than the other

Actually, loft has much more impact on launch angle than anything else.

All have an impact but all are not equal. Loft and CG dictate launch more than face thickness and shaft flex do.

Unless they're equal they can't be quantified? Are you serious?

Everything can be quantified. That's why the simplified argument of "Equal lofts should mean equal distance" is wrong.

Ok, then quantify it. PLEASE?!?! If I can't measure loft, lie, length, weight and speed and repeat an angle of launch then what am I missing??

CG is only for forgiveness of off center strikes, not launch angle.

Actually, loft has much more impact on launch angle than anything else.

loft can alter launch angle but so can moving the CG it may not be as drastic but try adding lead tape to the top of you iron and the launch angle will change

Then it's a red herring.

Weighting is different. Center of gravity is different. Yes, two identical iron heads in identical situations would perform identically. That's not reality though.

Of course. However that is the only way some can quantify the idea that sometimes things change.

Just like the idea that loft is the most important part of the equation is completely false. And here is why. Every player comes into the ball a different way. Therefore loft will be different for every single golfer (generalization). However moving the weight around in the head will offer a chance for completely changing the ball flight and offering it at either lower or higher levels. Any person can deloft any single club at setup and change any factor, but they cannot change where the weight is located at impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back