Are Rocetballz and Rocetblades delofted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, then quantify it. PLEASE?!?! If I can't measure loft, lie, length, weight and speed and repeat an angle of launch then what am I missing??

CG is only for forgiveness of off center strikes, not launch angle.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandddddd wrong

loft can alter launch angle but so can moving the CG it may not be as drastic but try adding lead tape to the top of you iron and the launch angle will change

You're changing weight, gotta keep things the same...

You're changing weight, gotta keep things the same...

But that is the only way as consumers we can alter the CG with out a milling machine

Of course. However that is the only way some can quantify the idea that sometimes things change.

Just like the idea that loft is the most important part of the equation is completely false. And here is why. Every player comes into the ball a different way. Therefore loft will be different for every single golfer (generalization). However moving the weight around in the head will offer a chance for completely changing the ball flight and offering it at either lower or higher levels. Any person can deloft any single club at setup and change any factor, but they cannot change where the weight is located at impact.

Ok then, if loft is not the main factor let's do this:

You have one shot with each club at a 150yrd pin surrounded by water.

Club 1. 8-iron with 35* loft
Club 2. 8-iron with 40* loft

If you hit them both the same, I know which one gets wet. Because PHYSICS tells me that...

I'd actually disagree that adding 2 or 4 grams is going to change cg in any significant way.

But that is the only way as consumers we can alter the CG with out a milling machine

I know that is what I've been saying.

If you change weight (or any other variable), you change launch conditions.

Ok, then quantify it. PLEASE?!?! If I can't measure loft, lie, length, weight and speed and repeat an angle of launch then what am I missing??

CG is only for forgiveness of off center strikes, not launch angle.

It's all in the cross section. Take a Muscle Back iron and a Super Game Improvement iron. Forget the label stamped on the club.

Assume: same manufacturer, same shaft, same head weight, same attack angle, same swing speed, same loft.

Which of the two will launch higher?
Which will produce more carry?

All have an impact but all are not equal. Loft and CG dictate launch more than face thickness and shaft flex do.
I guess i should ahve said shaft Kick point. Face thickness may be not as much as other things but i was using it illustrate a point that loft is not the only thing that matters with launch angle

If you hit them both the same, I know which one gets wet. Because PHYSICS tells me that...

What JB is saying there is that, though those are stock lofts. You give two different golfers those clubs, the lofts at impact are going to be completely different based on their swings.

At least, that is what I gather from it.

17.5 grams of weight is strategically redistributed to lower and center the CG location, promoting a higher launch angle, higher peak trajectory and a steep, soft-landing, quick-stopping descent angle.

This is taken from the rocketbladez iron write up on Taylormade website, from this i can take it if you move the CG down you get a higher flight? So a 35* face with a high CG will launch lower than a 35* face with a low centre of CG?

You, sir, have a very simple view of physics

17.5 grams of weight is strategically redistributed to lower and center the CG location, promoting a higher launch angle, higher peak trajectory and a steep, soft-landing, quick-stopping descent angle.

This is taken from the rocketbladez iron write up on Taylormade website, from this i can take it if you move the CG down you get a higher flight? So a 35* face with a high CG will launch lower than a 35* face with a low centre of CG?

17 grams does change CG enough to impact launch angle. Then they strenghten the loft to take away that increased launch.

Of course. However that is the only way some can quantify the idea that sometimes things change.

Just like the idea that loft is the most important part of the equation is completely false. And here is why. Every player comes into the ball a different way. Therefore loft will be different for every single golfer (generalization). However moving the weight around in the head will offer a chance for completely changing the ball flight and offering it at either lower or higher levels. Any person can deloft any single club at setup and change any factor, but they cannot change where the weight is located at impact.

Exactly We are all human and all swings are diffrent

Sometimes it is easier to just move along, and I will do that. Enjoy the debate for those that wish to continue. There is some real "interesting" information in here.

I learned a bit from this thread and hope I was able to help teach someone else part of the iron launch story. Everyone has their views on how loft affects launch and hopefully everyone knows the facts now. Set in stone is what the club does for someone when they hit it and how they interpret it is up to them.

Actually, loft has much more impact on launch angle than anything else.

Dynamic loft, clubhead loft at impact. Loft at address is meaningless at impact.

Because you are asking us to compare clubs from different manufacturers - which know will have different designs - your equation is incomplete and your answer is potentially wrong.

Pick two cars. Assume they have the same size engine, number of wheels and doors; they are the same height, length and weight. Do they respond the exactly the same to head on impact? Most likely - almost certainly - no. Because the components are compiled in different ways so that the total mass responds differently to impact. I believe the same principle applies here.

lower CG heads launch higher. Higher CG heads launch lower. Therefore, lower CG heads need stronger lofts. Higher CG heads need higher lofts. Pros hit down on the ball better than amateurs and have an easier time finding a higher CG. Amateurs do not hit down as well and consequently, need a lower CG.

About CG:

The center of gravity (CG) of any object is the one small point that represents the intersection of all the possible balance points of that object. In a golf clubhead, the CG can be determined by balancing the head on its face, sole, or any place on the head; the intersection inside of the head of all these different balance points is the center of gravity of the clubhead.Because the center of gravity is a single point inside the clubhead, its location has to be defined in 3-dimensions. This means that a clubhead has a vertical CG location (how high up in the head the CG is from the sole). It also has a horizontal CG location (how far over it is from the center of the shaft in the hosel of the head). Finally, the center of gravity is also defined by how far back from the clubface it is located.
Effects of Center of Gravity on Golf Shots
The lower the center of gravity and the farther back the center of gravity is from the face of the club, the higher the trajectory of the shot will be for any givenloft angle on the clubhead.

CG thus affects ball trajectory. Trajectory is spin rate, speed and launch angle. My interpretation in that CG has a greater effect on SPIN which then increases launch conditions because of higher trajectory but I still believe the initial launch angle would remain consistent...

Go back to the 60* wedge scenario. We can manipulate loft with one club that will change launch angles and spin rates and trajectory...

Effects of Center of Gravity on Golf Shots
The lower the center of gravity and the farther back the center of gravity is from the face of the club, the higher the trajectory of the shot will be for any givenloft angle on the clubhead.

Hmmmmm.

Go back to the 60* wedge scenario. We can manipulate loft with one club that will change launch angles and spin rates and trajectory...

Without a doubt. But putting the ball back in my stance will not let me hit a 60* wedge farther. Add a lot more spin, yes, but not necessarily distance.

Without a doubt. But putting the ball back in my stance will not let me hit a 60* wedge farther. Add a lot more spin, yes, but not necessarily distance.

Respectfully, I disagree. But that is my opinion and I own it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back