Cleveland Classic Hybrid Preview Thread

Just caught up to this thread. While I like my Mashie's I think this seems like a real solid improvement. I like the black color more than the raw finish. It looks like in the pics Cookie posted there isn't an alignment dot on top which is disappointing (initially, pics showed it would have one). Is this correct Cookie or am I just not seeing it? The biggest disappointment for me is the fact that they've gone away from the Miyazaki shafts. Not a huge deal because any hybrid I buy I'd just put in my Miyazaki C. Kua from my current Mashie but if these came with a Miyazaki shaft I could of sold or traded in my Mashie.

You are correct, no alignment dot.

You are correct, no alignment dot.

Thanks Cookie. Not a deal breaker but definitely something I would would of preferred.

I wouldn't sleep on Matrix as a shaft company. They make some awesome products and Cleveland wouldn't go to a shaft that would be lesser quality than the Miya, methinks. Initially I was bummed because I LOVE Miyazaki shafts, however I am incredibly curious to see how Matrix fits in to the new line.

I wouldn't sleep on Matrix as a shaft company. They make some awesome products and Cleveland wouldn't go to a shaft that would be lesser quality than the Miya, methinks. Initially I was bummed because I LOVE Miyazaki shafts, however I am incredibly curious to see how Matrix fits in to the new line.

I will admit to being impressed/surprised with how light the entire hypo/wood felt in person. I am not sleeping on the Matrix at all and honestly intend to order FW/hybo's with stock shaft.

Agreed JN, I'm fascinated by all the sleeping on the Matrix shafts. They are not some second rate company, I know we all adore Miya here but Matrix is 1000% legit.

I will admit to being impressed/surprised with how light the entire hypo/wood felt in person. I am not sleeping on the Matrix at all and honestly intend to order FW/hybo's with stock shaft.

Wasn't intended at you or anyone in particular, but I know that there have been some who were disappointed with the absence of Miya in some of Cleveland's offerings.

Looks awesome. I'll have to go the the SS tomorrow to see if all of the new Cleveland stuff is available for Demo.

Wasn't intended at you or anyone in particular, but I know that there have been some who were disappointed with the absence of Miya in some of Cleveland's offerings.

Oh, I know! Just after talking with Jman and his knowledge of shafts and then knowing Cleveland did this for a reason - unless I see something crazy I will go stock.

Oh, I know! Just after talking with Jman and his knowledge of shafts and then knowing Cleveland did this for a reason - unless I see something crazy I will go stock.

Definitely always gotta see what fits first and foremost. But I've been impressed by the 3w shaft thus far.

Has Cleveland said why they went away from Miyazaki?

Looks cool, but nothing I'd get. Hopefully hear some feedback soon though. I really like how they're incorporating Miyazaki shafts though.

Looks cool, but nothing I'd get. Hopefully hear some feedback soon though. I really like how they're incorporating Miyazaki shafts though.

Ummmm.....

Because they got a better shaft from Matrix?

Just wondering. Noticed Matrix is the stock option for the Classic FW and hybrid and is the first custom option for the Classic drivers. Didn't know if they signed a deal and and it's business related or performance related.

Just wondering. Noticed Matrix is the stock option for the Classic FW and hybrid and is the first custom option for the Classic drivers. Didn't know if they signed a deal and and it's business related or performance related.

It is possible that it could be both a business and performance decision.

It is possible that it could be both a business and performance decision.

Definitely could be a little bit of both. I was just wondering if anyone knew. I'll be giving the club some swings and have always thought of Matrix as a very good shaft company. Will be interested to see how this performs.

Conceptually, I love the idea of the gliderails.

Aesthetically, they bug me for some reason.

Conceptually, I love the idea of the gliderails.

Aesthetically, they bug me for some reason.
They may not bother you as much on this years model, they are less pronounced.

They may not bother you as much on this years model, they are less pronounced.

Great point. While there, definitely not as big/deep.

I want one. Thanks Cookie.

I want one. Thanks Cookie.

Your welcome! Hope to get mine in shortly, really do look great in person. Setup at address is ideal for me.

And I thought my hybrid slot was set. Seriously. Must have one.

Back